Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

Bring in the new year with all things beauty!! Please post all your Jazzified hauls here for January 2022 ๐ŸŽ‰ Happy birthday month to all the January babes!!

ny-147.gif

โ€ƒ

1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif

โ€ƒ

Re: Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

A few small hauls:

I really enjoyed the JVN Complete Hydration Hair Set that I hauled earlier this month and decided to pick up the shine drops. 

1.31.2022 Haul 1.jpg

The Thrive Causemetics mascara has been on my list of brands to try for the last few years. I can now check it off the list. Also picked up an eyeshadow stick. I saw that Sephora carried a new line of fragrances and that they offered a discovery set (loooove when this happens!!)  World of Chris Collins Chris Collins Eau de Parfum Discovery Set so it was an easy decision. Had planned on waiting to test the new Sephora Collection clean lipsticks when they hit the store shelves but  decided to just pick up a few based on the description and swatches. 

1.31.2022 Haul s.jpg

Spoiler
1.31.2022 Haul 2 - SC lip swatches.jpg
SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Vegan Hydrating Satin Lipstick Cherry Blossom photographs deeper and darker than in real life. SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Vegan Hydrating Satin Lipstick Plumeria and SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Vegan Hydrating Satin Lipstick Aster look about the same as the photo. These apply smoothly and have some good lasting power (not forever, but good), and Plumeria and Aster in particular left light and pretty) stains as they faded.

Amazing hauls, @itsfi!! Those SC lippies are gorgeous; great swatches and reviews!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv! Iโ€™ve been enjoying the SC lippies - easy to apply and wear and the colors are lovely! ๐Ÿฅฐ 

@itsfi ,

I'd love to hear what you think about the Chris Collins Eau de Parfum set!

@tsavorite, Iโ€™ll keep you posted. I need to find a time to put them to a wear test when Iโ€™m not around people who are sensitive to scents. ๐Ÿค” Was there any scent(s) you were particular interested in? Iโ€™m happy to try those first. 

@itsfi ,

Thank you!  No hurry, and no scent more than any other.  Just my blatant curiosity about them all.  ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I hope that they are good!

@tsavorite, I completely understand blatant curiosity, one of the reasons I love discovery sets! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Beautiful @itsfi ! Some good stuff on here as always. Same feelings on Sephora lips and Thrive stuff, like eye shadows! They all look so flattering on you. ๐Ÿ’ž

@Sunnysmom, thank you. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I guess I overhyped the Thrive mascara to myself; it was just okay. It did wash off very easily, which has been my experience with other tubing mascaras. The eyeshadow was a nice find. 

The new SC lippies are nice. Do you have a favorite color?

Edit- I lied @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have Iris in the lippie. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธLol. 

I did the same @itsfi . I just wanted more from it. Thatโ€™s amazing yours comes off easily! What are you using? I tried water and my remover both and it just left a mess of flakes all over my face ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚. I bought just one lip- Aster- it does feel nourishing and I like the light stain too,  but I do wish it lasted longer on me. Itโ€™s great that it does for you! I do get that itโ€™s a medium intensity tho. 

@Sunnysmom, I bet Iris looks lovely on you. ๐Ÿ˜€ I usually just dampen the pads of my ring fingers with lukewarm water and gently smooth the mascara off, or splash my face with lukewarm water and then do the same. I have also used a cotton pad and  Bioderma micellar water, and all three ways have worked for this Thrive mascara as well as other tubing mascaras, like blinc.

Okie dokes @itsfi Iโ€™ll just try that. I probably tried too hard to remove it! 

@Sunnysmom, it shouldnโ€™t take too much pressure. Or maybe try soaking a pad with micellar water, holding it to your eyelids for a little while and then lightly swiping. 

@itsfi I'd love to hear your thoughts on the K18!

@CookieGirl1, I'm planning on using it at the end of the week / over the weekend and will let you know how it goes.

@itsfi I almost forgot but did you end up trying the K18?

@CookieGirl1, I didnโ€™t forget. Iโ€™m on my way to my momโ€™s for family dinner but will post my thoughts (and hers, I picked up a sample for her to try as well) on it after I get back home tonight. 

@CookieGirl1, both my mom and I thought the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL did a nice job. I liked it; my mom loved it! 

I was nervous about skipping conditioner but did so per the instructions, which I followed for the most part - I made one modification in the application. Instructions say to apply from ends to root. My ends are pretty healthy at the moment, and I was concerned starting there would concentrate more product on my ends than I wanted to and weigh it down, so I started in the middle and worked down to the ends and then from the middle up to the roots. After waiting the recommended 4 minutes, and blow drying my hair, it felt silky and soft and had some movement to it. I was able to run my fingers through my hair (which is generally straight, fine strands but a lot of them and just a couple of inches past my shoulder blades) at the end of the day though there were just a few places, including the ends, with tiny knots. I think it's a nice (and pricey) leave-in treatment. I like that it is pretty easy peasy to use and wonder how it would perform on my hair in the summer months when it typically undergoes more processing.

My mom is a fan of the K18. ๐Ÿ’• She has very fine, very thin, dry, straight, frizzy, chin-length hair. She said that her hair felt soft, light, thicker(?), less frizzy and healthier. Needless to say I will be picking up a full size for her at some point. 

@itsfi thank you for the review!  Couple of questions, though: you mentioned that you'd probably pick up the larger size for your mom but would you buy it for yourself?  Also, did you need to use the entire amount in the sample packet or did you have any left over?  

@CookieGirl1, I'm on the fence about whether I'd pick up a full size (either the large one or the mini) for myself. I haven't put my hair through a lot of processing since covid started in 2020. I just darkened my hair late last month and I've been using hair masks more frequently so I feel like my hair is healthier than it's been. Pre-covid, I would have put it through a lot more - highlight, color, etc. If I were to start doing all those things again, I would probably pick up at least the mini version of the K18.

I didn't use up the entire sample. It's a pretty concentrated product; it says to start with a dime size and add more if needed. I may have added just a teensy smidge more, so there's more uses to be had in this sample size for me. I think it's worth picking up a sample if you can. 

@itsfi thank you!  I'm interested in trying it but since it is a little more on the pricey side I'm trying to decide if it's really "worth it" for me and I'm guessing that the answer will ultimately be "probably not".  If I can manage to get a sample I'll definitely try it!

Conversation Stats
Photos267
  • ny-147.gif
  • 1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif
  • Far L to R: 24K Noir, Matte Magic Top Coat, mini Since 1969, Fa-La-Ah-Ah-Ahhh, Grover It, Brought To You by, Free To Be Sesame, Beak On Fleek, Living In The Elmo-ment, Who Wonder.
  • Left wheel, starting with the yellow shade: Solar Power, Pathological Liar Liar, mini Ghoulish Glow (glows in the dark), X, IX, mini Tinsel Town, Youโ€™ve Got Blackmail, Recycle, mini Green With Jealousy, Coconut Kiss, Agro, mini Frostbite.  Right wheel, starting with the gold shade: Gunterโ€™s Get Down, Glow All Out, A Kiss In The Dark, Let There Be Moonlight, Flirty And Fabulous, Give Me A Break-dance.
  • Also: yes, thatโ€™s Cupcake Moongate still very much on my thumb 8 (!!!) days after application. Thereโ€™s obvious wear around the edges and tip, but no major chips. This and Cupcake Keratoconus Awareness are by far the longest lasting of all 10 polishes from my 12/24 mani.
  • Morgan Taylor Dreaming of Gleaming (missing from earlier photos).
  • Maifanshi Moisture Foundation, Aqua Foundation
  • Maifanshi shade 112 (this one has the heavier, yet smooth, coverage of the two,) Aqua shade 002 (these two shades are actually very close in color- Maifanshi is slightly more pink.)
  • Holiday Highlights kit- what a cute bag!
  • The top of the bag has a separate compartment.
  • Shadow stick in Dusty Mauve, Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss in New Romantic, Extra Lip Tint Raspberry
  • New Romantic
  • Raspberry
  • Get Glowing Kit- Lip Tint Bare Nude Sparkle, Illuminating Moisture Balm in Bare Glow, Highlighter Pink Glow
  • Bare Nude Sparkle
testing