Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

Bring in the new year with all things beauty!! Please post all your Jazzified hauls here for January 2022 🎉 Happy birthday month to all the January babes!!

ny-147.gif

1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif

Re: Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

Shu Uemura direct: 

Oh look, more lipstick I don’t need! And they're mostly red! Not like I'm still trying to declutter reds (again), nooo, this was a totally sane purchase... :DOh look, more lipstick I don’t need! And they're mostly red! Not like I'm still trying to declutter reds (again), nooo, this was a totally sane purchase... 😄

Details & swatches: 

Spoiler
Kinu Satin Lipstick, Hello Kitty LE, shade VIP Auburn - I’d never tried the Kinu Satins before. This bullet does indeed feel like silk satin gliding on my lips. It’s also heavily hinoki scented: I could very much smell it during my lip swatch, and it has a strong smaste. Anyone who hates the scent of hinoki wood or is skin-sensitive to hinoki should steer clear of these lipsticks. During my 5-minute lip swatch, I felt some almost-burning at the corners of my mouth; that usually happens if the lipstick contains an essential oil (or too many fragrance components) my face hates. Too bad, because I like the finish of this one. I might try it a second time and keep it out of the corners. 

Rouge Unlimited Matte (lime green bullet), Sadaharu AOKI Paris LE, shade Mikan Ginger - Has a demi-matte mousse finish and texture. I don't recall my other Rouge Unlimited Mattes being so moussey, but I'm not complaining. Not drying at all, but has streaky application I can kinda smooth out. I’ll try this one over a lip primer for better adherence, because I love this shade and I’m not willing to give up on it yet. 

Rouge Unlimited Lacquer Shine (pink bullet), Sadaharu AOKI Paris LE, shade Coral Gelee - An emollient, balm-like, fairly sheer layer of sparkly red-leaning coral. The shimmer is kinda mid-level, not as in your face as, say, a first gen PMG BlitzTrance. But if you hate glitter, note that this shade will leave coppery orange sparkles on your face when you wipe it off. I still love it. 

Rouge Unlimited Liquid Lacquer, shade RD05 - A buildable opaque gloss. One coat was on the bolder side of semi-sheer. Two coats gave me full opacity with a nice shiny finish. This stuff has zero stickiness. It does have a mild citrusy-floral smaste but it’s not obnoxious. Not as high shine as my beloved Lancome L’Absolu Lacquer glosses, but pretty dang close. Can’t say it’s as long wearing as the L’Absolu Lacquers until I give it a full day wear test, but it survived a few sips of coffee (in a mug) like a champ. I can say the pointy tipped applicator makes outlining a snap. I’d definitely buy more shades of this. Good thing the current shade range is small! 

Laque Supreme Shimmer, shade OR 02 S - While applying this, I immediately thought “NOPE” and expected a hot mess result. 😂 This stuff applies like a thick patchy demi-matte mousse but, surprisingly, settles down to a minimally sticky gloss with a lovely undercurrent of gold shimmer. Also held up well to several sips of coffee. My compliments to the sorcerer who crafted this one! I wish I’d tried one of these much sooner, so I’d have more shades than the only one left. (Pretty sure this line’s been discontinued.) 

GWP: makeup bag and a mini Rouge Unlimited Matte shade M RD 163 - I didn’t swatch this mini bullet because I already have a full size of this universal red shade. The makeup bag is nice: not flimsy but not as stiff/rigid as the larger Smashbox GWP bag I recently got. 

hauls2022-Jan-20-lipswatches.jpeg

So yeah, I have well over 350 lipsticks again—and that was before I bought these. 🤦‍♀️ I'm still afraid to do a final count, but I know for certain it's way past that amount based on my available storage and all the spillover. Ugh... I keep saying I need to do another brutal round of decluttering. Gotta stop putting that off now. Additionally, I should force myself to ditch two lipsticks for each one I buy for the rest of 2022. I might have to rejoin the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge during my declutter. It'll be round 2 of 100 days for me. 😄 

Fabulous haul, @WinglessOne!! What a gorgeous collection of lippies!! Enjoy your goodies!!

These are beautiful reds on you, @WinglessOne

Thank you @curlychiquita !

RD05 looks spectacular on you.

Thanks @ragdoll4mom !

These are all beautiful! Sorry about the hinoki, but so pretty! I just got 2 new reds too, lol. And I almost never wear red out (who goes anywhere anyway these days?) but I love buying them. @WinglessOne Anyway, they bring us joy, so don’t beat yourself up! 

Thanks @sister13 ! I'll (eventually) get rid of a large chunk of my older reds, so these new ones are kinda like replacements. Ah, the ways I justify lipstick purchases. 🤣 

Beautiful lippie haul @WinglessOne!

Thank you @faeriegirl !

@WinglessOne  These shades look so good on you. It least if you do the 100 days of lipstick you can see which ones you want to declutter! 

Thanks @ather ! And yep, that lipstick challenge thread helped me declutter in 2018 - 2019 when I first participated. It's a great way to see what you actually have, including how many dupes you have—and at that point, you can focus on performance over prettiness. I ditched many oxbloods during that challenge after narrowing down the best performers. 

@WinglessOne Look, it may not be a sane purchase-so to speak... but it's still a beautiful one! 😂I'm a big fan of blue based reds so I think RD05 has to be my favorite ❤️

@QueenMarceline  Gotta love a good blue-based red! If there's one thing Shu Uemura does very well, it's red lipsticks. 

Thanks for showing us these @WinglessOne , I’d been wondering how they are! Beautiful. And umm I’m scared to join that challenge! 😩

Thanks @Sunnysmom ! Shu Uemura has some very good lipstick formulas worth trying. And hey, that lipstick challenge is fun! You don't have to join with the intent to declutter. (I do that because I need to thin the hoard.) You can just show 100 days worth of your lipsticks. 😉 

I do have some Shu lippies and love em @WinglessOne ! So good to see this collection. Yes I can definitely participate in the thread and “should” declutter more clearly as well!  I like the get rid of 2 for any new, mine should maybe be 3. 😭

RD05 Looks GORGEOUS @WinglessOne !  Too bad about the Hello Kitty LE, maybe if you do end up doing a declutter you'll find a good dupe in your collection for it!

Thank you @missjeanie ! I should've stuck with a tried and true lipstick formula from the Hello Kitty collection, but curiosity made me pick a Kinu Satin instead. Funny thing is, I like the scent of hinoki wood. Just... not directly under my nose all day. 😄 

I'm definitely going to do another declutter. I have to, otherwise I'll have nowhere to store all these lipsticks in a way that'll help me use 'em. (I don't wanna buy more lipstick storage stuff.) I can probably dupe VIP Auburn, though not with that silky finish. I'll find out soon enough. 

@WinglessOne, your swatches are lovely; thank you. I purchased a few of the Aoki and HK lipsticks as Christmas gifts for relatives but am now revisiting the debate over whether a(nother)) gift to self is in order. 😆 Hmmm…. 🤔 

Thanks @itsfi ! And you know, it'd be hypocritical of me to try stopping you from gifting yourself. So I'll just advise you to wait for Shu Uemura's next sitewide sale which, at the rate they've had 'em, could be at any given moment. Unless you think a shade you want will go OOS, in which case you might as well practice some self-care. 😈

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos267
  • ny-147.gif
  • 1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif
  • Far L to R: 24K Noir, Matte Magic Top Coat, mini Since 1969, Fa-La-Ah-Ah-Ahhh, Grover It, Brought To You by, Free To Be Sesame, Beak On Fleek, Living In The Elmo-ment, Who Wonder.
  • Left wheel, starting with the yellow shade: Solar Power, Pathological Liar Liar, mini Ghoulish Glow (glows in the dark), X, IX, mini Tinsel Town, You’ve Got Blackmail, Recycle, mini Green With Jealousy, Coconut Kiss, Agro, mini Frostbite.  Right wheel, starting with the gold shade: Gunter’s Get Down, Glow All Out, A Kiss In The Dark, Let There Be Moonlight, Flirty And Fabulous, Give Me A Break-dance.
  • Also: yes, that’s Cupcake Moongate still very much on my thumb 8 (!!!) days after application. There’s obvious wear around the edges and tip, but no major chips. This and Cupcake Keratoconus Awareness are by far the longest lasting of all 10 polishes from my 12/24 mani.
  • Morgan Taylor Dreaming of Gleaming (missing from earlier photos).
  • Maifanshi Moisture Foundation, Aqua Foundation
  • Maifanshi shade 112 (this one has the heavier, yet smooth, coverage of the two,) Aqua shade 002 (these two shades are actually very close in color- Maifanshi is slightly more pink.)
  • Holiday Highlights kit- what a cute bag!
  • The top of the bag has a separate compartment.
  • Shadow stick in Dusty Mauve, Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss in New Romantic, Extra Lip Tint Raspberry
  • New Romantic
  • Raspberry
  • Get Glowing Kit- Lip Tint Bare Nude Sparkle, Illuminating Moisture Balm in Bare Glow, Highlighter Pink Glow
  • Bare Nude Sparkle
testing