Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

Bring in the new year with all things beauty!! Please post all your Jazzified hauls here for January 2022 🎉 Happy birthday month to all the January babes!!

ny-147.gif

1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif

Re: Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

Such works of art! @danielledanielle 

Ahhhhhh @danielledanielle what a stunning set! I love, love, love your collection💗💗💗

@danielledanielle  Aaaah, it's so satisfying to see 3 of those brushes together. 🖤

Isn't it? @WinglessOne , I'm trying so hard to walk away from the pig, because of the shape redundancy, but I'm not 100% yet.  I need it to go OOS 🤣

@danielledanielle What beautiful brushes!

Zoya direct, because how was I supposed to resist any 4 shades for $22, plus a free remover and free shipping? C’mon now. 

Showing just 1 of 12 brushes from this order.Showing just 1 of 12 brushes from this order.It's been a while since I used Zoya's remover.It's been a while since I used Zoya's remover.
GWP: Remove Plus Nail Polish Remover - I usually use 100% acetone which is super harsh on my already suffering cuticles, but I’ve used Zoya’s mild acetone remover before with good results. Glad to finally have the 8oz Big Flipper bottle with its handy pump dispenser. 

Z-Wide Brush - I bought a 12-pack of them. 8 of them I’ve already put in these new bottles. The other 4 are in older Zoya bottles. I definitely like the wide brush more than the narrower standard brush, and will eventually buy more for my other Zoyas. 

Polishes - Somehow whittled my cart down to just 8 shades, and it’s funny (but not surprising to me) that most are blues and greens. Eh, 3 of these are replacements of long lost bottles. 

My swatch photos (in spoiler below) are a good example of why you should always patiently and thoroughly remove all oil/cream/etc. from your nails before applying anything to them, and be sure to give each layer enough time to dry before adding another. Bare or uneven spots are not the polish’s fault: I rushed these swatches, and it shows. 🤦‍♀️
Spoiler
hauls2022-Jan-15-left.jpeghauls2022-Jan-15-right.jpeg

Frida is new to me and the aquatic teal jelly I'd searched for. I have plans for Frida. Tanzy and Marlowe will look better layered over an opaque (or semi-opaque) base color that makes ‘em pop—though Tanzy’s pretty dang noticeable from afar on its own. 😄 It’s like having a PMG gold astral eyeshadow on my nails. The sparkle is crazy and my photo does it 0% justice. 

@WinglessOne  I agree. How could you ever turn down such a great deal?!? I think remy is my fav. But all are great colours. Yara is so unique as well. 

@WinglessOne ohhh love these new shades!!

Wow these are all so nice @WinglessOne ! Dying over Frida tho. 

@Sunnysmom  Frida will be fun to layer with other things! But I also love how it looks on its own, and there aren't many jellies I like to wear solo. 

Love Yara, @WinglessOne! Also the nail polish remover. I can’t spill this one, bonus!

@eshoe  Yara is one of the replacement bottles I bought, and I'm glad to have it again. And yes, thank goodness the big flipper bottle's harder to tip over! 😂 I've accidentally stripped a few furniture surfaces over the decades with nail polish remover. 

@WinglessOne   That yellow is gorgeous!!! Before I read your whole post I’m hoping it’s called Ray of sunshine.

efir- Tansy.  Okay I like it! 

@heartsmyface  🤣In direct sunlight, Tanzy practically is the sun. I need to do a full hand of yellows soon (and prepare for some angst, because yellow's generally not an easy polish shade to work with), and Tanzy will definitely be in the mix. 

@WinglessOne   Yeah there’s that danger of looking like you’re a heavy smoker but I think that orange shift will make it very wearable!  I’m eager to see it in action!  If it’s not enough of a shift a red base coat might work. 

@heartsmyface  Oh, I love yellow nail polish on its own and think it's quite wearable. The angst is much more about product performance: yellow polishes tend to have finicky thin or streaky formulas. Yellow's apparently a hard color to formulate for polish. There aren't many I've worn in my life that haven't needed a white, grey, or nude base color (or any other base color). Ironically, white and some grey polishes have the same performance issues as yellows, but sometimes layering 2 troublemakers can create a good looking result. 😄 

@WinglessOne  Ha, i have to have specific shades or I look gross- the same with paler purples. Mmmm, I haven’t had the best luck with pastels streaking in general but usually a glitter topcoat conceals the steaks enough.  
I’m just seeing your swatches and LOVE it!  Also Charla🤩

@WinglessOne Wonderful haul, that polish remover has been my favorite for yearsssss. I swear I never repurchase any polish remover but this one. I think my favorite color has to be Marlowe.

Thanks @QueenMarceline ! I hadn't used Remove Plus in years because I got addicted to full acetone's efficient speed. But easing off the harsher remover should help my cuticle kindness goal. 

Marlowe has a very pinky purple shimmer running through that slate grey. It's much more obvious in person than my swatch photo depicts. (Such is the way with all shimmers and shifters.) In fact, Marlowe looks straight-up lilac in warm indoor lighting. It's quite lovely. 

@WinglessOne I'm such a sucker for purples, usually subdued ones but I have been branching out lately 🙂 thanks to this thread of course for making me a bit more bold 😉

@WinglessOne Remy and Charla ❤😍

All beautiful colours!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos267
  • ny-147.gif
  • 1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif
  • Far L to R: 24K Noir, Matte Magic Top Coat, mini Since 1969, Fa-La-Ah-Ah-Ahhh, Grover It, Brought To You by, Free To Be Sesame, Beak On Fleek, Living In The Elmo-ment, Who Wonder.
  • Left wheel, starting with the yellow shade: Solar Power, Pathological Liar Liar, mini Ghoulish Glow (glows in the dark), X, IX, mini Tinsel Town, You’ve Got Blackmail, Recycle, mini Green With Jealousy, Coconut Kiss, Agro, mini Frostbite.  Right wheel, starting with the gold shade: Gunter’s Get Down, Glow All Out, A Kiss In The Dark, Let There Be Moonlight, Flirty And Fabulous, Give Me A Break-dance.
  • Also: yes, that’s Cupcake Moongate still very much on my thumb 8 (!!!) days after application. There’s obvious wear around the edges and tip, but no major chips. This and Cupcake Keratoconus Awareness are by far the longest lasting of all 10 polishes from my 12/24 mani.
  • Morgan Taylor Dreaming of Gleaming (missing from earlier photos).
  • Maifanshi Moisture Foundation, Aqua Foundation
  • Maifanshi shade 112 (this one has the heavier, yet smooth, coverage of the two,) Aqua shade 002 (these two shades are actually very close in color- Maifanshi is slightly more pink.)
  • Holiday Highlights kit- what a cute bag!
  • The top of the bag has a separate compartment.
  • Shadow stick in Dusty Mauve, Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss in New Romantic, Extra Lip Tint Raspberry
  • New Romantic
  • Raspberry
  • Get Glowing Kit- Lip Tint Bare Nude Sparkle, Illuminating Moisture Balm in Bare Glow, Highlighter Pink Glow
  • Bare Nude Sparkle
testing