Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

Bring in the new year with all things beauty!! Please post all your Jazzified hauls here for January 2022 🎉 Happy birthday month to all the January babes!!

ny-147.gif

1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif

Re: Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

Thank you, @ather! It was fun putting everything together. The Voluspa candle was on a whim, but I am loving the scent as I suspected I would. I hope she loves the mirror, too. It is like a grown up version of the Barbie one, ha.

@eshoe  I remember as a kid my mom had a set that was heavy and had a brush and a comb and I would always want to play with it. But wasn’t allowed 🤣 I’m sure it will make her feel extra special to have it. What scent is the candle? I couldn’t figure out what it was exactly lol 

Oh, that must have been a beautiful set, @ather 🤩 The candle is VOLUSPA Blackberry Rose Oud Tin Candle 6 oz/ 170 g and it is a mood. Heavy and earthy, like walking into a dark, velvet-draped parlor filled with your great-aunt’s treasures from years past. I burn it for about an hour, and then it is time for something more light-hearted😉 I am already considering a backup.

@eshoe  That definitely sounds like a mood. I may need to pick one up! 

Okay, color me enabled! I just put in an order for that Chanel liner! I lost my status at Ulta last year so it says my points will expire on 3/31. I needed 45 more points to have 4,000, which I think will be a $250 towards a purchase, right?  I’m so paranoid I’m going to forget to use them before then, but I have my eye on a few things, I just hope the points apply without restrictions! @eshoe 

Ha @sister13 you and me both. My six-month no buy last year impacted many things in a very positive way, and that was one of them. I did not want to forget about expiring points, and considered the Dyson. But when Chanel magically appeared there, I knew exactly how to spend my points. I had no issues with the actual transaction, either - 4k sounds like a fun $250 to spend!

On a side note, the liner is a latex-based (!) formula, good to know if that is a known allergen to you. I hope not, though-the shade is stunning.

@eshoe What an awesome haul! Congrats on that Lunar brush, I know a lot have been eyeing it and I don't know if it's OOS currently but still a great snag. I wanted the rat version but since I'm trying to somewhat salvage my low buy, I decided against it 😞 maybe (hopefully) they will bring them all back again in the future. How does it feel? (I wouldn't use mine either, tbh. But I'm curious about how it feels, is that weird? Yeah, that's kind of weird... lol!) Overall amazing hauls, GWPs, stacks and goodies 🙂

The Rat is absolutely adorable, @QueenMarceline. And the Pig. And the Ox! But what on earth would one do with four face brushes?

The brush is whisper soft. Which makes me want to actually use it. However I am a little hesitant to do that, in case it might wear off the gold detailing. Right now it is safely tucked away, until I make up my mind!

@eshoe  Eh, the lacquered gold tiger should stay put during use unless, I dunno, your hands are covered in acetone when you hold the brush. Lacquer's not indestructible, but it should hold up for a good long while. So go ahead and use that brush. I frequently use 3 of my Chikuhodo Fuji Makie brushes—I've even traveled a few times with 2 of them—and the handles have shown no signs of wear in 3 years. 

Also, the beauty of having multiple powder brushes is rotating them. That's what I tell myself each time I buy another one, anyway. 🤣 I'm trying not to buy many brushes this year but man, that tiger brush (which I assume is another Chikuhodo) is very tempting. While moving and rearranging all my beauty storage, I've realized just how many Japanese handmade brushes, especially powder and cheek brushes, I already own. That's helping me resist buying more. Kinda helping. 

Even if you never use that brush, I hope you enjoy having it! Seriously though, it's a Chikuhodo blue squirrel powder brush begging to be used at least once a month. 

Well that is good to know on all accounts, @WinglessOne. That settles my mind enough to test it out a few times, at least.

I have a few powder brushes, reserving each one to a certain product based on my feelings about the product. This might be completely irrational. But I stress over whether or not a loose or compact powder would be best served by a particular brush. Going with my feelings, sometimes even the circumstances surrounding the time I bought a brush and/or powder, is a great influence for me. Each time I use them in tandem, I am reminded of that feeling, reliving it briefly in my mind.

I guess the long and short of it all is that beauty is existential for me. And I will set out to enjoy this little tiger.

@eshoe , tbh, that's what I do with some brushes.  I feel certain powders work with certain brushes so that excuses permits me to have as many brushes as I need 😂.

HA @lmaster well that is something I can get behind! Didn’t you pick up the little Koyudo Cactus brush, too? I still haven’t used mine, but now I feel like it is finally time to try it.

@eshoe Oh boy, that truly sounds lovely! I own pet rats so I'm a little bias/more inclined to gravitate towards that one. Are they all OOS?

As of now they are all still in stock, @QueenMarceline. How, I am not sure, ha! 

@eshoe Thank you 🙂

@eshoe Great haul!!

I think I need that Stila glitter in my life.

The Tatcha lucky bag is such a good deal. I would be happy if my bag has the same items (I'm still waiting for my order to come). 

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Chanel foundation. I got the lip/cheek balm from that line and so far I'm liking it more as a cream blush than as a lip balm. 

@AznAngelLiz @Here is the $100 variation I got. I was hoping for the one with the kissu mask but I think there are 3 variations. 

34EE4053-7FC5-40BD-8676-04424F27C89E.jpeg

@AznAngelLiz the Stila Fairy Tail is similar in glitter to Wanderlust, with lavender and gold. I like it because it comes off more cool than warm to me, and works perfectly with the Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette.

I can’t wait to see what is in your Lucky Bag! This is such a great variety of travel sizes, and the best part is that I know I will use them all. The mini Kissu is soooooo cute.

I plan on trying the foundation tomorrow. There were no lengthy reviews for it online that I could find, but given the description, and knowing my skin loves camellia oil, I thought I would give it a whirl😉

@eshoe  Is the Glossier liner a cool gray?  It looks like the exact shade of gray I've been searching for.  Love this whole haul!

Well @Ispend2much6 looks like you might be on to something. Glossier Pro Tip comparison:

144335F8-4034-4CBF-8CBB-CF7F3FFE8CF6.jpeg

@Ispend2much6 unfortunately no, that Glossier is more like a ‘cool-running-out’ black. I have a backup on hand that I can swatch for you tomorrow (lighting). It is definitely black, but maybe a soft-black.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos267
  • ny-147.gif
  • 1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif
  • Far L to R: 24K Noir, Matte Magic Top Coat, mini Since 1969, Fa-La-Ah-Ah-Ahhh, Grover It, Brought To You by, Free To Be Sesame, Beak On Fleek, Living In The Elmo-ment, Who Wonder.
  • Left wheel, starting with the yellow shade: Solar Power, Pathological Liar Liar, mini Ghoulish Glow (glows in the dark), X, IX, mini Tinsel Town, You’ve Got Blackmail, Recycle, mini Green With Jealousy, Coconut Kiss, Agro, mini Frostbite.  Right wheel, starting with the gold shade: Gunter’s Get Down, Glow All Out, A Kiss In The Dark, Let There Be Moonlight, Flirty And Fabulous, Give Me A Break-dance.
  • Also: yes, that’s Cupcake Moongate still very much on my thumb 8 (!!!) days after application. There’s obvious wear around the edges and tip, but no major chips. This and Cupcake Keratoconus Awareness are by far the longest lasting of all 10 polishes from my 12/24 mani.
  • Morgan Taylor Dreaming of Gleaming (missing from earlier photos).
  • Maifanshi Moisture Foundation, Aqua Foundation
  • Maifanshi shade 112 (this one has the heavier, yet smooth, coverage of the two,) Aqua shade 002 (these two shades are actually very close in color- Maifanshi is slightly more pink.)
  • Holiday Highlights kit- what a cute bag!
  • The top of the bag has a separate compartment.
  • Shadow stick in Dusty Mauve, Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss in New Romantic, Extra Lip Tint Raspberry
  • New Romantic
  • Raspberry
  • Get Glowing Kit- Lip Tint Bare Nude Sparkle, Illuminating Moisture Balm in Bare Glow, Highlighter Pink Glow
  • Bare Nude Sparkle
testing