Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

Bring in the new year with all things beauty!! Please post all your Jazzified hauls here for January 2022 🎉 Happy birthday month to all the January babes!!

ny-147.gif

1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif

Re: Jumping into the New Year with Jazzified January 2022 Hauls

@lmaster New Year, New Haul Thread!!! 😊Can't wait to see the new hauls! 

Polish Pick: this box arrived yesterday but I didn’t get it from the package room til this morning, so... I’ll just call it my first 2022 haul. 

Evening update: The bottle missing from my photos is Morgan Taylor Dreaming of Gleaming. Also added shade names to the photo captions, since I was too tired to do that this morning. 

Far L to R: 24K Noir, Matte Magic Top Coat, mini Since 1969, Fa-La-Ah-Ah-Ahhh, Grover It, Brought To You by, Free To Be Sesame, Beak On Fleek, Living In The Elmo-ment, Who Wonder.Far L to R: 24K Noir, Matte Magic Top Coat, mini Since 1969, Fa-La-Ah-Ah-Ahhh, Grover It, Brought To You by, Free To Be Sesame, Beak On Fleek, Living In The Elmo-ment, Who Wonder.Left wheel, starting with the yellow shade: Solar Power, Pathological Liar Liar, mini Ghoulish Glow (glows in the dark), X, IX, mini Tinsel Town, You’ve Got Blackmail, Recycle, mini Green With Jealousy, Coconut Kiss, Agro, mini Frostbite.  Right wheel, starting with the gold shade: Gunter’s Get Down, Glow All Out, A Kiss In The Dark, Let There Be Moonlight, Flirty And Fabulous, Give Me A Break-dance.Left wheel, starting with the yellow shade: Solar Power, Pathological Liar Liar, mini Ghoulish Glow (glows in the dark), X, IX, mini Tinsel Town, You’ve Got Blackmail, Recycle, mini Green With Jealousy, Coconut Kiss, Agro, mini Frostbite. Right wheel, starting with the gold shade: Gunter’s Get Down, Glow All Out, A Kiss In The Dark, Let There Be Moonlight, Flirty And Fabulous, Give Me A Break-dance.

Morgan Taylor Dreaming of Gleaming (missing from earlier photos).Morgan Taylor Dreaming of Gleaming (missing from earlier photos).

Let me explain. A few days ago, @RGbrown showed me a nail polish shade that looks amazing glossy or mattified. Then she suggested Polish Pick as a good place to find various polishes, including discontinued shades. While I was there, I decided to finally try a matte top coat—something I’d considered before but never did because I was never a matte polish fan (until I tried a matte Mooncat polish last month). Then I poked around the site some more and, um, yeah. 

A few of those are replacements of bottles I lost or accidentally broke. Others are shades I wanted to try but missed out on back when they were released. And some I bought because sure, I can still find ‘em elsewhere but not at those prices (even once I factor in the shipping rate). The mini bottles will be good for travel, and I already have full sizes of most of those. So you see, many of these are practical purchases! That's my stickin'-to-it story. 

Also, I think this is the most China Glaze I’ve ever bought in one sitting. 😄 

@WinglessOne  You definitely did a good job getting lots of great colours!!

@WinglessOne China Glaze is one of my faves! Such a wide range of colours!

@Mellmars1185  CG's brush annoys me sometimes (though not as much as some other brands' brushes), but they do have a fun range of shades and finishes. I usually buy just one or two bottles of any brand's polish at a time, and I'm pretty sporadic about it. A nail polish order this large is very unusual for me. It looks more like one of my lipstick orders. 🤣

@WinglessOne I really like the brushes from Nails Inc. The bruah has a rounded tip and i find it distributes the polish evenly.  Have you tried anything from their line? They have a cool advant calendar in Canada. 

@Mellmars1185  Yeah, Nails Inc. has a nice wide paddle brush, similar to Zoya's wide brush. I have a Nails Inc. polish floating around somewhere... I really need to gather up all my polishes and store them together. 😄 I've also used one of the brand's base coats a few times. 

@WinglessOne, gorgeous polish haul! 💅 I love the CG Sesame Street collection - lots of fun, vibrant colors! I've been meaning to try the Mooncat polishes - I may delve into a matte from them. I prefer to use a matte top coat rather than matte polish but I'm intrigued by Mooncat's polishes.

@itsfi  If you ever tried Live Love Polish: the formula hasn't changed with the rebrand, but the brush has drastically changed for the better. The matte Mooncat I have is Rue Morgue. I put a glossy top coat over it to bring out its purple shift, but it's a beautiful blue matte that was surprisingly easy to work with. 

Sesame Street and I go waaaaay back. The show's just 2 years older than me, and I learned to read and spell by watching episodes from my crib. 😂 I'm very sentimental about the show. When CG's first Sesame Street collection launched, I tried to resist buying all the shades but wound up with 3. One of them I broke and the other I somehow lost. So of course I had to buy replacements and thought "while I'm at it, I might as well buy all the other shades I resisted before." I did leave Monsterpiece behind, but I'll probably grab it at some point. 

Ahhh @WinglessOne!! Hearing about your history with Sesame Street, I feel you neeeed to get Monsterpiece! I hear you about that program - it helped me learn English, my numbers, the alphabet, reading, spelling ... 

I have a few LLP polishes so it's great to know that the formula hasn't changed, and I really like hearing that it has a better brush! I need to make my way through a few several polishes but will check out Moonshot's selection - er, so I can be prepared when it comes time to buy more polishes. 😂 

Great haul, @WinglessOne!! Those Sesame Street polishes are too cute!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv !

@WinglessOne my daughter loves matte polish!! Everytime she would get her nails done she would always get matte black, I'm more of a sparkle gal myself!! Great haul!!

@lmaster  I’m not sure I’ll ever truly be a matte polish fan. It’ll probably be more like my relationship with flakies: I like some and love 2 or 3 in particular, but they’re generally not what I reach for first. I’m definitely a bigger fan of duo/multichromes and shimmer/sparkly shades, though I also still love a plain ol’ glossy layer of color. 

Gorgeous colors! I own a yellow similar to this one which I love to wear in the summer. @WinglessOne 

@curlychiquita  Yellow's a fun nail color.💛 I used to wear CG Solar Power (a shimmery yellow) throughout the year, but I tragically dropped my old bottle on a ceramic floor. Now I have a replacement bottle, hooray! 

@WinglessOne All of those look so lovely, honestly China Glaze is such an underrated nail polish brand. 

@QueenMarceline  Heh, back in The Before Times... mid-2019, I think... I tried to convince a friend to try China Glaze, and she insisted "drugstore brands can't be as good as other brands." (She says this about skincare too, which often sparks friendly debates because y'all, high price =/= quality.) Nevermind that I've never seen China Glaze in a drugstore, at least not that I recall—and no, Ulta doesn't count 😄 —but even if I had, Revlon polishes are definitely drugstore staples and they're pretty good. China Glaze is more fun, though! 

@WinglessOne Hahah! I have friends (and family) who share the sentiment of your friend. Me, personally... I like to save a buck where I can so if a product is working just as good as a high-end one and happens to cost less, well that sounds like a win to me. 😂

@WinglessOne 

Gorgeous haul, and quick shipping for the win!!

Beak on Fleek? Fussy matte IIRC 😋 Though I only have it in a mini bottle, and those tiny brushes are trying even with not fussy polishes, so perhaps the full size will be a bit easier!

When the Sesame Street collection first came out, I wasn't quite the super-collect-em-all hoarder that I am now, and I easily talked myself out of all but one or two of them. Then they started going on sale, and I grabbed a few more. Then I started finding more and more on clearance at Burke's Outlet and TJM...in the end, I think I wound up with 23 of 24 shades 🤣 

MT Flirty & Fabulous is a, ahem, fabulous smoky navy/teal that I think you'll really like! I'm curious on two of the other MT's...what's the darker blue, next to the Platinum shade, and the brighter aqua/jade next to Gunter's Get Down?

@RGbrown  I was shocked to get this package so quickly! I didn't think it'd ship til January. 

About the 2 MT shades you asked about: the subtly shimmery turquoise is Give Me a Break-dance. Warning: it has a slimmer squared brush than MT’s current wide paddle. The blackened purple is A Kiss In the Dark, which has a fuchsia shimmer shift I can just barely see in the swatch in different lighting. I’ll have to check this shade on my nails in direct sunlight. 

Also: yes, that’s Cupcake Moongate still very much on my thumb 8 (!!!) days after application. There’s obvious wear around the edges and tip, but no major chips. This and Cupcake Keratoconus Awareness are by far the longest lasting of all 10 polishes from my 12/24 mani.Also: yes, that’s Cupcake Moongate still very much on my thumb 8 (!!!) days after application. There’s obvious wear around the edges and tip, but no major chips. This and Cupcake Keratoconus Awareness are by far the longest lasting of all 10 polishes from my 12/24 mani.

Funny: I avoided Beak On Fleek at release because it’s a matte. But I couldn’t resist this time, even though my order also included a replacement bottle of Solar Power (not a matte but definitely a yellow). I’ll probably put Beak On Fleek over a white polish because I suspect it’ll be a bit sheer and rather streaky. 

And good to know Flirty & Fabulous is a winner! I was mad at myself for missing it at Ulta, so finding it at Polish Pick was a big score. You know how I love a good dark teal anything. 🙂 

Conversation Stats
Photos267
  • ny-147.gif
  • 1475498934-oct-beauty-haul.gif
  • Far L to R: 24K Noir, Matte Magic Top Coat, mini Since 1969, Fa-La-Ah-Ah-Ahhh, Grover It, Brought To You by, Free To Be Sesame, Beak On Fleek, Living In The Elmo-ment, Who Wonder.
  • Left wheel, starting with the yellow shade: Solar Power, Pathological Liar Liar, mini Ghoulish Glow (glows in the dark), X, IX, mini Tinsel Town, You’ve Got Blackmail, Recycle, mini Green With Jealousy, Coconut Kiss, Agro, mini Frostbite.  Right wheel, starting with the gold shade: Gunter’s Get Down, Glow All Out, A Kiss In The Dark, Let There Be Moonlight, Flirty And Fabulous, Give Me A Break-dance.
  • Also: yes, that’s Cupcake Moongate still very much on my thumb 8 (!!!) days after application. There’s obvious wear around the edges and tip, but no major chips. This and Cupcake Keratoconus Awareness are by far the longest lasting of all 10 polishes from my 12/24 mani.
  • Morgan Taylor Dreaming of Gleaming (missing from earlier photos).
  • Maifanshi Moisture Foundation, Aqua Foundation
  • Maifanshi shade 112 (this one has the heavier, yet smooth, coverage of the two,) Aqua shade 002 (these two shades are actually very close in color- Maifanshi is slightly more pink.)
  • Holiday Highlights kit- what a cute bag!
  • The top of the bag has a separate compartment.
  • Shadow stick in Dusty Mauve, Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss in New Romantic, Extra Lip Tint Raspberry
  • New Romantic
  • Raspberry
  • Get Glowing Kit- Lip Tint Bare Nude Sparkle, Illuminating Moisture Balm in Bare Glow, Highlighter Pink Glow
  • Bare Nude Sparkle
testing