Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Juicy July Hauls 2021!

Happy Birthday to all the July babies! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‚Please share all your July hauls here๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ›

BDDD0C14-09BA-4EF5-91D5-269966EA8065.gif 

Re: Juicy July Hauls 2021!

@Loretta55   The Colourpop looks so pretty- better than on the Ulta site.  Guess what's going into my cart?

I need to remember to contact customer service about a replacement @Ispend2much6.

@Loretta55  Great haul! I've been eyeing that Colourpop palette- love those purples! Sorry it arrived broken! 
Those Fresh balms smell so good! Looks like you got some delicious flavors! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‹

Thank you very much @Shosh85.

Love the haul! Sorry to hear about the KVD balm. It sounds like a love it or hate it product. @Loretta55 

I need to try it again when Iโ€™m not working because I probably over applied it @curlychiquita.

@Loretta55 Very nice haul!

Thank you very much @tjffc.

@Loretta55, what a gorgeous haul!! 

Thank you very much @FullCoverageBB.

@Loretta55 ,

Pretty lipstick shade!  Thanks for the swatch!

I am surprised that I liked it as much @tsavorite. I forgot how much I used to enjoy LQ lip products. I hope that they are not going out of business. Their products are all half price at Ulta.

@Loretta55 ,

I think that's not all that unusual at Ulta.  I think that they do that.

I was hoping to find other colors that were sold out at Ulta @tsavorite @but it appears that you are unable to purchase even though their direct website. I really hope that Lipstick Queen is not out of business.

@Loretta55 great haul!! If you want to try an excellent foundation balm,,, I highly recommend the Kevyn Aucoin brand!! It's one of my top favorite face products

Thank you very much for the recommendation @lmaster . It may be user error.

Nice haul @Loretta55! That red is gorgeous!โค๏ธ

Thank you very much @faeriegirl . I forgot to mention that the shade is little red corvette.

Sweepstakes prize order, part 1: 

All new-to-me products or formulas.All new-to-me products or formulas.
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
So hey, Iโ€™m one of the winners of Sephora's Skincare Goals Sweepstakes. Youโ€™d think Iโ€™d blow the entire gift card prize on lipsticks. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And I might yet do that: Iโ€™ve still got a sizable balance on that card after this order. But Iโ€™m trying to save the rest toward a future Pat McGrath release (which had better not be more shades of pink). Anyway, this prizeโ€™s timing perfectly coincided with lipstick releases from Bite and Urban Decay so, you know, obviously I had to grab a shade of each formula to try. For science! Not for lipstick addiction, noooo, why I of all people would neverโ€ฆ 

Bite Power Move Hydrating Soft Matte Lipstick, shade Pluot - considering the current limited shade range, I wanted to test one Iโ€™ve never used before. I threw it on my lips tonight for a few minutes (and forgot to take a lip swatch photo) and yeah, itโ€™s nothing like the Amuse Bouche formula. Not that I expected it to be similar since the Power Move formula's marketed as matte, but Pluot doesnโ€™t feel near as comfy creamy as the ABs. It doesnโ€™t feel dry, though. Iโ€™ll have to give it a full day wear test next week. For now, it makes me miss the ABs even more. 

Urban Decay Vice Hydrating Lipstick, shades Olvera (cream) and Gridlock (matte) - since this new Hydrating line's replacing the old Comfort Mattes and Creams, Iโ€™m super bummed that Firebird is missing from the new lineupโ€”otherwise Iโ€™d have bought that shade. Instead, I chose one matte and one cream in UD shades Iโ€™ve never tried before. Iโ€™ll try one of these tomorrow (err, later today since itโ€™s now around 3 AM CT)โ€ฆ probably Olvera. 

Danessa Myricks Colorfix Glaze, shades Clear and Oil Slick - Iโ€™ve never tried Danessaโ€™s glaze version of Colorfix. I hope the clear one works well as a topper lip gloss, and Oil Slick will be fun to play with. My swatch photo doesnโ€™t show off the orange, red, yellow, and green sparkles in Oil Slick, but in person they catch the light quite well. 

Gucci Crayon Contour des Levres Lip Liner, shade Miel - After trying nearly every Gucci bullet formula, I figured I might as well try a lip liner. I think the only liner I have thatโ€™s near this shade is a MUFE Artist Color Pencil. I have some very light orange and marigold lipsticks that should work well with this liner. It felt creamy and smooth on my hand, so hopefully itโ€™ll perform well on my lips. 

Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner, shade 14C Light Rosewood - this will be the first MUFE Aqua lip liner Iโ€™ve ever tried, so I chose a shade that seemed a decent nude match for my natural lip coloringโ€”though it might be a tad warm. Iโ€™m interested to see how it compares to my favorite lip liner (Pat McGrathโ€™s gel lip liner). I mean, โ€œwaterproofโ€ is a bold claim, MUFE. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

hauls2021-July-24-2.jpeg

First of all, @WinglessOne congrats on winning!! You always offer such great skincare advice so nice to see you're one of the winners of the skincare Sweepstakes!!  

What a pretty haul!! These lippies are all gorgeous!! 

Thanks so much, @haleyvvvv ! 

1,322 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos155
  • BDDD0C14-09BA-4EF5-91D5-269966EA8065.gif
  • C5488002-45DF-46BE-A976-5A061C99D05A.jpeg
  • Body glow bronzing gel, eyeliners, Viper lip plumper- this really works.  It does kind of hurt though.
  • Swatches of the liners; I was able to smear them five minutes after applying.
  • Midnight swatches
  • Cutie Palette Midnight
  • Cutie Palette Analogue
  • Some Analogue swatches
  • 1D4D2491-9EB0-4604-930D-FCA63B63EFB3.jpeg
  • B8457997-F192-4322-9B4E-6DD0FA646FE9.jpeg
  • bday-577.gif
  • giphy
  • PXL_20210702_021959112.jpg
  • IMG_20210629_223729_253.jpg
  • 20210629_222853.jpg
testing