Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Juicy July Hauls 2021!

Happy Birthday to all the July babies! 🎉🥳🎂Please share all your July hauls here💄🛍

BDDD0C14-09BA-4EF5-91D5-269966EA8065.gif 

Re: Juicy July Hauls 2021!

@Loretta55   The Colourpop looks so pretty- better than on the Ulta site.  Guess what's going into my cart?

I need to remember to contact customer service about a replacement @Ispend2much6.

@Loretta55  Great haul! I've been eyeing that Colourpop palette- love those purples! Sorry it arrived broken! 
Those Fresh balms smell so good! Looks like you got some delicious flavors! 😃😋

Thank you very much @Shosh85.

Love the haul! Sorry to hear about the KVD balm. It sounds like a love it or hate it product. @Loretta55 

I need to try it again when I’m not working because I probably over applied it @curlychiquita.

@Loretta55 Very nice haul!

Thank you very much @tjffc.

@Loretta55, what a gorgeous haul!! 

Thank you very much @FullCoverageBB.

@Loretta55 ,

Pretty lipstick shade!  Thanks for the swatch!

I am surprised that I liked it as much @tsavorite. I forgot how much I used to enjoy LQ lip products. I hope that they are not going out of business. Their products are all half price at Ulta.

@Loretta55 ,

I think that's not all that unusual at Ulta.  I think that they do that.

I was hoping to find other colors that were sold out at Ulta @tsavorite @but it appears that you are unable to purchase even though their direct website. I really hope that Lipstick Queen is not out of business.

@Loretta55 great haul!! If you want to try an excellent foundation balm,,, I highly recommend the Kevyn Aucoin brand!! It's one of my top favorite face products

Thank you very much for the recommendation @lmaster . It may be user error.

Nice haul @Loretta55! That red is gorgeous!❤️

Thank you very much @faeriegirl . I forgot to mention that the shade is little red corvette.

Sweepstakes prize order, part 1: 

All new-to-me products or formulas.All new-to-me products or formulas.
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
So hey, I’m one of the winners of Sephora's Skincare Goals Sweepstakes. You’d think I’d blow the entire gift card prize on lipsticks. 😂 And I might yet do that: I’ve still got a sizable balance on that card after this order. But I’m trying to save the rest toward a future Pat McGrath release (which had better not be more shades of pink). Anyway, this prize’s timing perfectly coincided with lipstick releases from Bite and Urban Decay so, you know, obviously I had to grab a shade of each formula to try. For science! Not for lipstick addiction, noooo, why I of all people would never… 

Bite Power Move Hydrating Soft Matte Lipstick, shade Pluot - considering the current limited shade range, I wanted to test one I’ve never used before. I threw it on my lips tonight for a few minutes (and forgot to take a lip swatch photo) and yeah, it’s nothing like the Amuse Bouche formula. Not that I expected it to be similar since the Power Move formula's marketed as matte, but Pluot doesn’t feel near as comfy creamy as the ABs. It doesn’t feel dry, though. I’ll have to give it a full day wear test next week. For now, it makes me miss the ABs even more. 

Urban Decay Vice Hydrating Lipstick, shades Olvera (cream) and Gridlock (matte) - since this new Hydrating line's replacing the old Comfort Mattes and Creams, I’m super bummed that Firebird is missing from the new lineup—otherwise I’d have bought that shade. Instead, I chose one matte and one cream in UD shades I’ve never tried before. I’ll try one of these tomorrow (err, later today since it’s now around 3 AM CT)… probably Olvera. 

Danessa Myricks Colorfix Glaze, shades Clear and Oil Slick - I’ve never tried Danessa’s glaze version of Colorfix. I hope the clear one works well as a topper lip gloss, and Oil Slick will be fun to play with. My swatch photo doesn’t show off the orange, red, yellow, and green sparkles in Oil Slick, but in person they catch the light quite well. 

Gucci Crayon Contour des Levres Lip Liner, shade Miel - After trying nearly every Gucci bullet formula, I figured I might as well try a lip liner. I think the only liner I have that’s near this shade is a MUFE Artist Color Pencil. I have some very light orange and marigold lipsticks that should work well with this liner. It felt creamy and smooth on my hand, so hopefully it’ll perform well on my lips. 

Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner, shade 14C Light Rosewood - this will be the first MUFE Aqua lip liner I’ve ever tried, so I chose a shade that seemed a decent nude match for my natural lip coloring—though it might be a tad warm. I’m interested to see how it compares to my favorite lip liner (Pat McGrath’s gel lip liner). I mean, “waterproof” is a bold claim, MUFE. 😄 

hauls2021-July-24-2.jpeg

First of all, @WinglessOne congrats on winning!! You always offer such great skincare advice so nice to see you're one of the winners of the skincare Sweepstakes!!  

What a pretty haul!! These lippies are all gorgeous!! 

Thanks so much, @haleyvvvv ! 

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos155
  • BDDD0C14-09BA-4EF5-91D5-269966EA8065.gif
  • C5488002-45DF-46BE-A976-5A061C99D05A.jpeg
  • Body glow bronzing gel, eyeliners, Viper lip plumper- this really works.  It does kind of hurt though.
  • Swatches of the liners; I was able to smear them five minutes after applying.
  • Midnight swatches
  • Cutie Palette Midnight
  • Cutie Palette Analogue
  • Some Analogue swatches
  • 1D4D2491-9EB0-4604-930D-FCA63B63EFB3.jpeg
  • B8457997-F192-4322-9B4E-6DD0FA646FE9.jpeg
  • bday-577.gif
  • giphy
  • PXL_20210702_021959112.jpg
  • IMG_20210629_223729_253.jpg
  • 20210629_222853.jpg
testing