Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Juicy July Hauls 2021!

Happy Birthday to all the July babies! 🎉🥳🎂Please share all your July hauls here💄🛍

BDDD0C14-09BA-4EF5-91D5-269966EA8065.gif 

Re: Juicy July Hauls 2021!

@SportyGirly125, wow! You were fast to pick them up today. Glad you were able to get them. I was given mine as gifts a few months ago and think they’re adorable.

@itsfi I don't mess around.  Hahaha.

@SportyGirly125 They’re super cute! 🤗

@Gemini619 They really are.

Beautylish order, aka That One Time I Talked Myself Into 5  Sonia G. Brushes Just to Get the 6th One I Actually Wanted In the Set: 

Sonia G. Lotus SetSonia G. Lotus Set
I put off washing them until this afternoon (this photo’s pre-wash) but did have them standing in a cup since their Monday arrival. (I always let certain types of new brushes air and fluff out, since they’re usually compressed from their packaging.) I’m surprised they didn’t unfurl much between Monday and Thursday. They look even better now that they’re washed and dried. I'll put them to various tests this weekend. 

JCPenny order, aka My First JCP Purchase In Decades: 

Redken Invisible Dry ShampooRedken Invisible Dry Shampoo
They had a great sale on Redken, including my favorite dry shampoo by anyone. It's scentless, invisible, and lightweight. Unlike most dry shampoos, this one's easy to finger/hand-work through my natural coils without ruining them or leaving residue behind. I should’ve bought more than 3 cans, considering how often I use this stuff. But I’m glad to have snagged these for USD $9 each. 👍

Great hauls, @WinglessOne!! Those brushes sure are pretty; which was the one you wanted specifically?

Thanks @haleyvvvv ! Of the Lotus set, the brush I wanted is the Soft Definer (2nd from left in my photo). And that's only because of Sonia's description of that brush: she called it a baby Blender Pro and explained how it can work the lower lash line without stabbing her eyeball. The Blender Pro is my favorite powder shadow blender for its perfect balance of softness and density, and its size works great for most of my lid. But it can't get into my tight inner corner space well enough for controlled blending there. So when I read "baby Blender Pro," I immediately wanted the Soft Definer for inner corner work. And since Sonia has no intention of adding the Soft Definer to her permanent lineup or selling any of the Lotus brushes individually, well... I talked myself into buying the whole set to get that brush. 

I already had (and love) non-Lotus versions of the Worker and Builder eye brushes, but decided it's not bad to have even more duplicates of them. I really didn't need another cheek brush.... I have too many of those 😄 ... but hey, why not add one more. I generally have no use for the angle shape of brushes like the Face Detail, but I talked myself into giving this one a shot. And I figured the big Base Fan brush wouldn't get used much since I don't wear liquid or cream foundation or contour my face—but now that I've held it, post-wash, I can think of other ways to try using it. 

The Soft Definer is definitely the brush in the set that caught my eye, that's too bad there's no plan to sell it individually eventually, @WinglessOne. Glad the rest of the set works for you as well, though!!

@WinglessOne, such wonderful hauls! 

Thanks @FullCoverageBB !

Great hauls @WinglessOne!

Thanks @Loretta55 ! 

@WinglessOne  I didn’t know there was such thing as a scent less dry shampoo I definitely need to try it out! 

@ather  It's the only fragrance free dry shampoo I've ever seen (I think). Most dry shampoos have too strong and obnoxious a fragrance for me, including Redken's Deep Clean dry shampoo. I wish Redken also sold their Invisible dry shampoo in a smaller size for travel purposes. 

@WinglessOne  I agree. I don’t get why dry shampoo has to have such a strong scent. I usually avoid dry shampoo for that reason because most of the time it ends up giving me a headache from the scent. I’ll definitely try to find this one!

Buying the whole set can't be a mistake, @WinglessOne !  They are all so gorgeous!

Thanks @tsavorite I sure hope I don't end up regretting my decision! 😂 I already had (and love) non-Lotus versions of 2 of the eye brushes in this set, so I know what to expect from them and I'm happy to have more. The only brush I might have trouble with is the slanted face brush. But now that it's all fluffed out, I think I can find ways to use it. 

@WinglessOne you all are making me so envious with those brushes. I read that three are new styles (probably not the correct terminology, but I am just a layman, ha). They are all gorgeous🤩

@eshoe  Yep, according to Sonia's blog, the 3 brushes with brown bristles are new shapes. I hoped she'd add the Soft Definer (the new eyeshadow brush) to her permanent lineup and offer it individually. But nope, she has no plans to do that. So after much internal debate, I convinced myself to buy the whole set for that single brush. 🤣

This set also gets me duplicates of the other 2 eye brushes (I already had non-Lotus versions of them) plus a cheek brush (um, nevermind that I already have too many of those; I didn't have one of Sonia's) and that big Base Fan brush I think I can put to good use. I'll probably even figure out a good-for-me way to use the angled face brush, so I won't end up just staring at its beautiful handle instead of using it. 💜

@WinglessOne I don’t mind multiples of the same eyeshadow brushes, especially if they are good ones. I have never used soft goat hair brushes, but then I have yet to try Sonia G’s. Or Wayne Goss, for that matter!

Absolutely love the brushes, @WinglessOne. Great deal on the dry shampoos!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos155
  • BDDD0C14-09BA-4EF5-91D5-269966EA8065.gif
  • C5488002-45DF-46BE-A976-5A061C99D05A.jpeg
  • Body glow bronzing gel, eyeliners, Viper lip plumper- this really works.  It does kind of hurt though.
  • Swatches of the liners; I was able to smear them five minutes after applying.
  • Midnight swatches
  • Cutie Palette Midnight
  • Cutie Palette Analogue
  • Some Analogue swatches
  • 1D4D2491-9EB0-4604-930D-FCA63B63EFB3.jpeg
  • B8457997-F192-4322-9B4E-6DD0FA646FE9.jpeg
  • bday-577.gif
  • giphy
  • PXL_20210702_021959112.jpg
  • IMG_20210629_223729_253.jpg
  • 20210629_222853.jpg
testing