Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jubilant July Hauls 2019!

Join me in celebrating the month of July (my birthday month🥳) by showing off all your wonderful hauls! Whether they are big or small let’s see them all!64E56E10-ADE8-4FD2-B22E-508148FE5786.jpeg

@Kim888, since @angelKiss24 posted so many great products...

@Kim888, since @angelKiss24 posted so many great products on her haul it had me curious. So I've purchased several lip tints and several lip stains. My favorite is the Laneige Lip Tint in Rose Prism I wore today. It was so comfortable to wear. I'll get back with you on the Missha cushion.

Re: @Kim888, since @angelKiss24 posted so many great products...

This looks really lovely on you @Luvstravel 

Re: Jubilant July Hauls 2019!

@Luvstravel  Sorry if this this is not what you want to hear, but I would definitely keep both 😁

@PinkEvergreen, your probably correct for me to keep both 🤗

@PinkEvergreen, your probably correct for me to keep both 🤗

Fantastic haul @Luvstravel!

@faeriegirl, Thanks

@faeriegirl, Thanks

@Luvstravel great haul. The Estée Lauder one I own is Heat Wave. 

@SportyGirly125, Thanks. I have swatched all three and He...

@SportyGirly125, Thanks. I have swatched all three and Heat Wave is the lightest and prettiest, but I just picked these up since Ulta had them on sale and will probably return one. I'm leaning on returning the Solar Crush since I have so many goldy highlighters.

The Missha cushion looks really nice, @Luvstravel!  I haven't tried the Estee Lauder illuminators.  Good luck deciding on them.

@curlychiquita, Forgot to tell you, I wore my Melt Baby G...

@curlychiquita, Forgot to tell you, I wore my Melt Baby Girl Stack eyeshadow tonight and love it. Their eyeshadows are just so pigmented!

Re: @curlychiquita, Forgot to tell you, I wore my Melt Baby G...

That's great, @Luvstravel!  They really do look fantastic.

This is the new Smashbox Photo Finish Fresh Setting Powder in shade 01, courtesy of Ulta points.  It really scrapes the powder easily, so if you buy this, twist gently.

It feels like there is a lot of cornstarch in it, but it's not listed in the ingredients.  The ingredients are totally different than the ones in the HALO powder: Silica, kaolin, dimiethicone, calcium carbonate, peat extract (?), soybean oil, golf, palmitoyl hexapeptide-14, water, dimethyl isosorbide, rice starch, glass beads (?), barium sulfate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, chlorphenesin, and a few other things.

It's easy to wear- you can't over-apply it, I don't think.  And it does add a tint to your skin if you're pale like me.

thumbnail.jpg

@Ispend2much6, this has now been added to the list! ☺️ So great that you picked this up with your points! 💗

@itsfi   Yay!

awesome @Ispend2much6 - i think this was actually one of the first higher end powders I owned but I haven't used it in years - maybe I need to revist. I did always love that packaging except when you got a surprise I have no powder left 

@Kim888   Me too; Smashbox was my first foray into high end cosmetics.  This is a new powder, in case I didn't make that clear.  It's not the HALO powder, although it looks like it. Just don't want you to believe the wrong info. 🙂

Thanks for the review and ingredients, @Ispend2much6!

@curlychiquita   You're so very welcome!  It was a toss up between this and the Halo powder, which I used as a finishing powder.

@Ispend2much6, Thanks for posting. I definitely will chec...

@Ispend2much6, Thanks for posting. I definitely will check this out if it comes to my store.

Hi @Ispend2much6 ,

I saw this a little while back and was curious about how it wore throughout the day especially if you have oily skin. I love that it mills the product up! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hi @JaneanBT!  I've only worn it once, when trying it out today after it arrived.  This might be a little TMI, but I applied it after I came home from running errands in our 90 degree, sunny, and humid weather.  My face was definitely oily.  I applied it with my fingers, which means I caked it on.  And kept applying it that way to see if I could get it to build up.  It didn't build up much, not enough to really cover any imperfections.

My forehead was (and is always) oily, as is my nose.  It's 2.5 hours later, and the half of my face to which I applied the powder is definitely less shiny.  There's a little bit of a glow but that might be from the powder. 

I wouldn't call this a miracle worker, but maybe on top of other makeup, like it's supposed to be used, it could be?

At any rate, oily skin is a blessing later on.  I've had very oil skin all my life growing up, and I have no wrinkles on my face now, when I'm old enough that I should  (a few under my eyes and bags lol- they're not as much fun as shopping bags,) EXCEPT for my lips!  It drives me crazy, because I don't smoke.  Maybe I was a sourpuss for too much of my life and it affected my lip line.

1 Reply
testing