Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Joyful June hauls 2019!

The month of June is upon us with all of its beauty. It looks so bright and green that makes you want to get out and splurge. It is time to start a new thread to share all you haul during this month. Show us all you get , what you like and what you don’t. 

Come , Share the joy of June hauls !

979F87A8-9BB3-4F6E-BAE2-47740568FF88.jpeg

Re: Joyful June hauls 2019!

Thanks!  I'll try to remember @eshoe.  I'm terrible about posting reviews of masks because I keep forgetting to keep the packaging 🙈

If you do @angelKiss24 great, if not, no worries😉

@angelKiss24 you know about the no mask hole with the 23 years old mask, right?

Your haul has so many masks to choose from. And those eyeshadows have such a pretty pattern. Enjoy!

Ummm....no holes?? LOL. I did NOT know about that. It'll be interesting trying them out later today @ShortErica 😅

Wow.. typo on my part. There is no mouth hole @angelKiss24 

@ShortErica 🤣🤣🤣 here I am, imagining I'll be looking like a mummy, but more like Casper now. Will still be interesting later!

@angelKiss24 Here it is:

20190606_200810.jpg

@ShortErica 😂 ok, you must mean the Cocoon Willow mask because I used this one last night and it has all the appropriate holes.  

20190620_125025.jpg

Yep @angelKiss24 - the one I have on is the cocoon willow. Glad yours had all the appropriate holes!

Yes @angelKiss24 you won the masking game with this one. A few of their masks have the normal eye/nose/mouth spacings and this is one of them;)

@ShortErica this photo made my day hahahh!!!

My quest for a new cleanser luckily coincided with a 20% sale at Paula’ Choice. I also saw Glossier’s new brow product and had to try it along with their mascara, and I might as well grab a few more of their eyeliners for good measure. 

But before I get into those hauls: tonight I wandered into a Sephora. 

Dear beauty brands: STOP CALLING CONCEALERS “CREASELESS.” Kthxbye.Dear beauty brands: STOP CALLING CONCEALERS “CREASELESS.” Kthxbye.
Spoiler
Natasha Denona Sunrise palette: I went to the store specifically to swatch and play with this palette. Now I’m glad I never bought Cranberry after all. 😄 I think I’ll be happier with Sunrise. I’ll wait til daylight tomorrow to swatch it for the Deeper Hues thread, and maybe swatch-compare it against some Viseart mattes. 

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks in Violet Plum and Bark: Continuing my collection of these fantastic shadow sticks. Thanks again to @Ispend2much6  for messaging me your Violet Plum vs. Heather Steel swatches! (I ordered a couple other shades from Nordstrom, but they were out of Violet Plum.) 

Make Up For Ever Artist Color Pencil in All Around White: I already have many other shades of these. After using UD’s white eyeliner, I think I’ll prefer MUFE’s. 

Pat McGrath Labs BlitzTrance in Flesh 3: I tried to resist the PMG section but the new BlitzTrances got me. 😄 If anyone has the shade Flesh Fatale from the first release of this line, Flesh 3 seems more peach toned with gold shimmer vs. Flesh Fatale’s pink shimmer. 

Warm interior lighting.Warm interior lighting.
Tarte Creaseless Concealer: I hate that Tarte calls this “creaseless” (NO CONCEALER IS TRUELY CREASELESS), but last week a friend insisted I try this—not for the silly no-creasing claim, but simply for its texture. “If you hate it and don’t wanna return it, I’ll buy it from you,” she said. (We’re the same skin tone in the center of our faces; we use the same 2 shades of NARS Radiant Creamy.) So I’ll try it tomorrow using a disposable doe foot without double dipping. 🙂 
Glossier goodies: 

Only meant to buy 2 of these things, really. :DOnly meant to buy 2 of these things, really. 😄
Spoiler
Brow Flick: This is what drew me back to Glossier’s site. It’s a liquid brow pen like UD Brow Blade and MAC Shape + Shade. I didn’t like either of those 2, partly because neither comes in a true black shade. So now I’m trying Glossier’s, which does. Tested it on my hand and was impressed, so I’ll give it a true test tomorrow. 

Color Slide eyeliners: Thank goodness all of these perform better (during my swatches) than the yellow one did! These all feel smooth and creamy like the moss green Stable Relationship shade, which I still love. I wanted Early Girl for kinda cheesy personal reasons (involves my name), and also bought 4 others: Hardcore Velvet, Critical Mass, Disaster Class, and Jumbo.  
Early girl gets the liners!Early girl gets the liners!
Lash Stick: I thought I’d already tried this before, but nope. Applied 2 coats to my top lashes when I got home tonight. Was not prepared for the brush’s flexibility. That thing’s limber! That plus the thin brush shape helped me get every single lash, including the shortest finest ones in my top inner corners. Being a Glossier product, it’s obviously not gonna give me CT Legendary Lashes results—and that’s okay, I don’t expect it to. I expect it to make my lashes look enhanced but still natural, and that’s what it does. Bonus points for being a tubing mascara. 

Glossier Lash StickGlossier Lash StickBare lashes, for referenceBare lashes, for reference
Paula’s Choice bonanza: 

Gonna play the cleanser lottery this week.Gonna play the cleanser lottery this week.
Spoiler
Last time I saw my dermatologist (in mid April), he scolded me for not washing my face in the morning with a cleanser. I stubbornly objected—“Are you sure water and toner aren’t enough for my skin type? Not even if I toss micellar water into the mix?”—but really, with AHA doing its nighttime magic and my oily zone’s “we never close” policy, fiiiiiiine, he’s right: I need to wash AM and PM with more than just water. But I find my current PM cleanser’s too drying in the morning, which is partly why I started AM water-washing in the first place. 

So I’ve been searching for a cleanser I can use in the mornings, and possibly also at night because I really don’t want 2 different cleansers. I’ve only ever tried one Paula’s Choice product before, but it’s a pretty good one (one of the BHA serums; I spot treat with it). Since they sell foil sample and travel sizes of most products, I figured I’d grab a bunch during their sale to test. Surely one of them has to work for me! 

Cleansers: 

- CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanse 
 - DEFENSE Hydrating Gel-to-Cream (I suspect I’ll like this one most, so I also bought a full size at sale price) 
 - Hydralight One Step Face Clean (another strong contender worthy of full size purchase, and there was no travel size available)
 - RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Clean 

Hyaluronic Acid Booster: I can’t go wrong with HA, my skin’s best friend. 😄 This will be nice in the AM, in addition to my vitamin C serum. 

Lipscreen SPF 50: Tossed this into my order to bump it up to the GWP minimum. 🙂 

GWP: Smooth It Out Anniversary Kit + bag 

Small white & silver bag is part of anniversary kit. Wasn’t expecting the blue tote bag.Small white & silver bag is part of anniversary kit. Wasn’t expecting the blue tote bag.

those liners are gorgeous great haul @WinglessOne

those liners are gorgeous great haul @WinglessOne

Re: those liners are gorgeous great haul @WinglessOne

Thanks @lmaster ! 

@WinglessOne  I am in serious envy!  I am dying for those new PMG BlitzTrance.  They look stunning with your coloring.  Hopefully they look as good on the lips.  I also want to comment on the Paula's Choice pore normalizing cleanser.  I really like it.  It's a gel formula and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped.  I'm going to have to jump on the Paula's Choice sale too as I'm almost out of my BHA from there.

@sprocketta  I swatched the new red BlitzTrance in-store and immediately thought of you.  ❤️ We’ll just have to remedy the lack of these lipsticks in your life. 

And thanks for the glowing review of the Pore Normalizing cleanser! Good to know it’s not stripping; I was worried about how my non-oily skin areas will react to it. If it can cut through and remove my sunscreen, and clean the oil slick in the middle of my face, without making most of my face a desert? It’ll be a keeper. 🙂 

Oooh, thanks so much for the swatches of Flesh Fatale and Flesh 3 @WinglessOne! Helpful to see them IRL. The colors on those eyeliners are fun! What a great haul! Can't wait to see the fab looks you'll create with these goodies! 🙂

Thanks @itsfi! Glad the swatches were helpful! 🙂 And I love colorful eyeliners. There are days when I wear no eye makeup except liners and maybe mascara. You can do a lot with a handful of those pencils! 

Great haul @WinglessOne! Enjoy all your goodies!

Thanks @faeriegirl!

oooh those eyeliner swatches are so pretty @WinglessOne enjoy all your new goodies!

38 Replies
testing