Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Joyful July Hauls 2022!

Join me in posting all your Joyful July hauls! I think we could all use a little more joy in our lives right now! Happy Birthday to all the July babies!🎂🛍E34D903B-3C5C-4CBE-839F-3522171B66B7.jpeg

Re: Joyful July Hauls 2022!

@lmaster @Thank You. I have been eyeing it for years.  Glad that I was able to get it on sale. 

Lisa Eldridge and Care to Beauty: 

These reformulations of LRP sunscreens aren’t available in the US because they contain the shiny new UV filters we can’t have yet (or ever). Also, yes I see the typo and yes it bothers me tremendously :D but no, I will not go back and redo this photo to fix it.These reformulations of LRP sunscreens aren’t available in the US because they contain the shiny new UV filters we can’t have yet (or ever). Also, yes I see the typo and yes it bothers me tremendously 😄 but no, I will not go back and redo this photo to fix it.
Details: 
Spoiler
La Roche-Posay Anthelios UVMune 400 sunscreens - both are reformulations of existing products (thatll probably keep existing in the US since the FDA wont let us have the shiny new toys). These new versions contain a brand new UV filter, Mexoryl 400, that’s more effective in the "ultra long" UVA range (380-400nm) than other chemical UV filters on the market. They also contain Uvinul T 150, Uvinul A Plus, Mexoryl XS, Mexoryl XL, avobenzone, and Tinosorb S. Of all the European retailers I checked, Care to Beauty in Portugal had the best overall deal (to me) on these. This was a good first-time shopper experience with them. 

• Hydrating Cream SPF 50+ - rubbed a bit on one arm. Comes out of the tube as a very thick cream, but blends quickly and easily to an invisible natural skin finish (not matte or glowy) that doesn’t feel heavy or greasy. Doesn’t mean it won’t feel greasy on my face, but we’ll see about that this weekend. It has that fragrance free sunscreen smell. The scent's not overwhelming on my arm, but it sticks around for a good 10 minutes before largely disappearing. 

• Invisible Fluid SPF 50+ - after a good shake, this went on my other arm. This sunscreen is very runny. It’s been a while since I used the US version of Invisible Fluid, but I don’t recall it being this runny. This one nearly ran off my arm onto the floor upon application. 😅 Still, it was very easy to blend out with no streaking. The problem will be figuring out how much of this to apply for adequate protection: I can’t use my usually finger-lengths method with something this liquid thin. Might have to use a measuring spoon on face test day. This sunscreen left more of a natural radiant glow finish behind than the cream sunscreen. It also has that sunscreen smell, and it’s more persistent than the cream sunscreen’s scent. 

Lisa Eldridge - she recently re-released 2 shades of her limited edition Insanely Saturated lipsticks, so I finally got to buy Skyscraper Rose. Also grabbed a new shade, New Wave. Both have a demi-matte finish that leans more matte. Later on, I should do some comparison swatches with other lipsticks I own. Meanwhile, I love both of these. 

Crystal Knockout: 

hauls-2022-july-13-CrystalKnockout.jpegA little thermal shift action.A little thermal shift action.
Psyche Blossom is a tri-thermal. I couldn’t force a tri-color ombre on the swatch, so it just shows the cold dark blue and warm turquoise shifts. I forgot to take a photo of that shade in its fully warm state. City of Rainbows looked crazy colorfully sparkly at CK’s site, and it does not disappoint in person. 

Smith & Cult 70% off sale: 

All 7 caps and the top right polish are silver; they're reflecting nearby warm lighting in this photo.All 7 caps and the top right polish are silver; they're reflecting nearby warm lighting in this photo.
That Tang Bang swatch… first I dropped the stick on the floor (twice). Then I dropped the label on the floor, after peeling off the backing. Then the label tried to jump away again while I applied it to the stick, resulting in that crooked alignment. Then I bumped and smudged the nail swatch while it was wet. Then I impatiently applied another coat, resulting in some goopy looking texture my photo kinda sorta hides some of. I think that particular swatch stick is haunted. 😓 I’ll redo it if bugs me enough or goes all poltergeist on me. 

My Smith & Cult package situation was very similar to RGbrown’s: a single sheet of bubblewrap that wasn’t long enough, no boxes or padding around each individual bottle, and a couple of my bottles had loosely closed caps resulting in drier (but not completely dried out) polishes. Luckily and amazingly, none of my bottles broke and none of the decorative caps were badly banged up. But sheesh, S&C needs to improve their packing policy when orders contain glass items. 

Such an amazing haul @WinglessOne ! Those lippies look gorgeous on you and those nail polishes.... 😍😍😍😍😍 So beautiful! 

Nice haul @WinglessOne! Those polish shades are so pretty!

@WinglessOne I've heard that LRP had some new SPF products but hadn't checked into seeing if they were available in Canada yet (working through some stash before I let myself buy more).  Have you had a chance to try them out on the face yet?  I trust your skincare recommendations and have enjoyed a lot from LRP including their SPF with Mexoryl XL in the past. Love to hear how they're working for you so far!

@missjeanie  I haven’t tried them yet; I’m still working through some others on my test list. I’ll tag you when I’ve tested them. 🙂 

The lipstick looks beautiful on you, @WinglessOne! Also, I love a good orange nail polish like the Smith and Cult that you got.

Thanks @curlychiquita ! I’ll probably use that one (Fade the Sun) in my next mani. 🙂 

@WinglessOne Nice haul!  Those lippies are gorgeous.

Thank you @ragdoll4mom !

@WinglessOne I haven’t spotted the typo yet and now I feel like I am looking for a needle in a haystack. Hoping you did remove it, after all, ha!

@eshoe 😂 It’s an inconsistent punctuation typo. I still haven’t fixed it. Ah, the little things that trigger my editor reflex. 

@WinglessOne ,  Skyscraper Rose and New Wave are beautiful on you!   I think that I love New Wave!

Thank you @tsavorite ! 

@WinglessOne  Oooo another great nail polish haul that doesn’t disappoint!!! Both the LE lip colours are gorgeous also!!

Thank you @ather ! 

@WinglessOne @Great haul. Did you ever get that DM I sent you this week?

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ! I did get your DM and thought I replied, but sounds like I never actually sent the reply… argh. I’ll just say thank you here, for now. ❤️ I’ll try replying again later. 

@WinglessOne  No worries. Just glad you saw it. 

@WinglessOne haunted swatch stick 😂 get it out!! Beautiful haul nonetheless!!

@lmaster  I’m surprised that swatch stick hasn’t removed itself from the ring of sticks yet. 😂 

1,030 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos156
  • E34D903B-3C5C-4CBE-839F-3522171B66B7.jpeg
  • C74AD505-69EB-473A-B272-59A6ED16408E.jpeg
  • Polish shade names, clockwise, starting with silver: Jett, Dahlia, Adina, Dominique, Tru, Zara, and Reece.
  • I just realized I left a couple blues out, including Pat McGrath PermaGel Blitz Blue.
  • C6C18686-334A-48D9-A33B-1CCB5165BF6D.gif
  • B5B83A1D-C88E-4C8B-A6B0-D4A57A319B39.jpeg
  • 0E86B87F-1404-4146-A124-DFFECF4D7F7F.jpeg
  • AFA8D8E1-0EA7-42A4-9B12-1882B4C33D07.jpeg
  • 9FA5729A-224C-4957-98FF-EBFD4CE0B8AF.jpeg
  • thumbnail.jpe
  • 37930567-F59E-4DE3-9DBB-30A1418257DA.jpeg
  • haul july 2022.jpg
  • Australian gold coconut lip balm ingredients list
  • D7452523-F22A-436A-88BA-2E0703B1B109.jpeg
  • 3D44B8BD-D29A-458E-BE5A-E83919474E61.jpeg
testing