Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Joyful July Hauls 2022!

Join me in posting all your Joyful July hauls! I think we could all use a little more joy in our lives right now! Happy Birthday to all the July babies!🎂🛍E34D903B-3C5C-4CBE-839F-3522171B66B7.jpeg

Re: Joyful July Hauls 2022!

@Mellmars1185 how's the lasting power for you?

@CookieGirl1 TBH i tried it on before I showered. I think the steam from the shower affected it because i was able to wipe some off when I was done. I used a cleansing balm to remove the rest.I will report back when I where it out!

Gucci has such pretty lipsticks, @Mellmars1185!

Avene direct and Polish Pickup: 

A restock and hey, only 3 polishes this time! (No lipsticks, but there are a few coming.)A restock and hey, only 3 polishes this time! (No lipsticks, but there are a few coming.)
Avene: 

• RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream - a restock. This is the retinaldehyde I’ve used for 1.5 years. I ran out earlier this week and some new skin texture has popped up in its absence, so I’m glad the new bottle arrived quickly. I usually buy 2-3 at a time during one of their sales, but I missed the most recent one. 

• GWP: Hydrance Light Hydrating Emulsion and Tolerance Control Soothing Skin Recovery Cream - the former is a lightweight dimethicone-based moisturizer that also contains squalane; I’ve never tried this moisturizer before. The latter’s a thicker postbiotic soothing moisturizer I’ve used before with good results for my reactive skin. 

Polish Pickup: 

• By Dany Vianna, Starry Sky - aka “that Vincent van Gogh polish” I forced myself to pass up during a previous PPU. There are little yellow and sky blue star glitters in the mix. 

• Fair Maiden, Mindfreak - part of my attempt to make up for missing Nailed It’s special May All Your Bacon Burn polish shade. I plan to layer this with another polish to see if I can replicate the Calcifer-inspired shade. But I also like it on its own, at least on the swatch stick. 

• Sweet Heart Polish, Everything? - really does look kinda like everything bagel topping. It’ll be fun to layer with other polishes, and I’m sure I can get it fully opaque as a solo shade in 3-4 coats. 

@WinglessOne  It's amazing how quickly new skin texture can pop up; one night of not doing my skincare routine usually does it.  I'll have to look into the Avene.

@Ispend2much6  Right? To be fair, new skin texture could've been brewing for a while and just chose last week to surface, coincidentally, while I was off retinal. But considering how quickly it began to calm down once I reintroduced that ingredient, I'm gonna give retinaldehyde credit. 😄 

Nice haul @WinglessOne ! I’ve wondered about the RetrinAL, good to know you love it. Oof that Recovery thick cream has saved my skin when allergies have gotten to me. Miracle stuff. 

@Sunnysmom   My dermatologist recommended that cream/serum to me when we both decided my skin wouldn’t tolerate tretinoin and might prefer something gentler than retinol. Not that retinal can’t also irritate skin (it absolutely can), but since my face was already used to fairly high strength retinol, retinal was the logical step-up for me.  

That wasn’t the first time my derm had recommended Avene RetrinAL to me, but it’s the time I finally agreed to try it. That product also contains evening primrose oil which gives my skin the nightly vitamin F boost it apparently needed. 😀 And yes, that recovery cream is wonderful! Avene let’s you pick free samples for your order, and I always add that cream if a DS is available. 

🤔 @WinglessOne, I bet mine would tolerate it too then. Primrose oil sounds like a good add. When I noticed it was first coming out I looked for it and it wasn’t yet, so I kind of forgot about it lol. I buy most of mine at Walgreens (or Ulta) and the SA there gives me such huge sample sizes . I love it. I will have to order directly too as it sounds like that’s another great way to try stuff. Thanks! 🥰

Glad you got your RetrinAL, @WinglessOne! I hate when I miss sales, but it happens.

@curlychiquita  I wish Ulta carried Avene's RetrinAL line so I could use points instead of paying out of pocket. 

@WinglessOne Nice haul!

Thanks @Mellmars1185 !

Fun polishes, @WinglessOne!

Thanks @CookieGirl1 !

Sephora, including purchases from Multiplier event

7.25.2022 Haul Sephora.jpg

7.25.2022 Kate McCleod mini.jpg

Summer Fridays Poppy.jpg

Thank you @ather for the heads up on the Summer Fridays launch of the new Poppy shade. I'm loving it! 

Victoria Beckham Beauty - wasn't intending on picking this up, but I have been on a coral lippie kick and since I was on the site purchasing giffts anyways, it was awfully easy to just add this to my cart at the last minute. 😉

7.25.2022 Haul - VBB.jpg

VBB Lip Tint - Poupette.jpg

@itsfi 

THe mini stone sounds interesting. 

@itsfi ,

The Summer Friday Poppy and Victoria Beckham Beauty coral swatches are beautiful!  The Kate McLeod Daily Stone is very interesting!

@itsfi  Wow!  I love your hauls!

@Ispend2much6, thank you. Not a miss in this hodgepodge group of beauties.

@itsfi love everything in your haul!

1,030 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos156
  • E34D903B-3C5C-4CBE-839F-3522171B66B7.jpeg
  • C74AD505-69EB-473A-B272-59A6ED16408E.jpeg
  • Polish shade names, clockwise, starting with silver: Jett, Dahlia, Adina, Dominique, Tru, Zara, and Reece.
  • I just realized I left a couple blues out, including Pat McGrath PermaGel Blitz Blue.
  • C6C18686-334A-48D9-A33B-1CCB5165BF6D.gif
  • B5B83A1D-C88E-4C8B-A6B0-D4A57A319B39.jpeg
  • 0E86B87F-1404-4146-A124-DFFECF4D7F7F.jpeg
  • AFA8D8E1-0EA7-42A4-9B12-1882B4C33D07.jpeg
  • 9FA5729A-224C-4957-98FF-EBFD4CE0B8AF.jpeg
  • thumbnail.jpe
  • 37930567-F59E-4DE3-9DBB-30A1418257DA.jpeg
  • haul july 2022.jpg
  • Australian gold coconut lip balm ingredients list
  • D7452523-F22A-436A-88BA-2E0703B1B109.jpeg
  • 3D44B8BD-D29A-458E-BE5A-E83919474E61.jpeg
testing