Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Jam packed June hauls 2020

Because retail therapy is the best therapy!! Bring on summer and post your Jovial June hauls to get your minds off the stress for even just a few minutes. Happy birthday to all those June babies!! Stay positive and strong, have faith in all that's good 

Re: Jam packed June hauls 2020

@Loretta55  that's a great one, congrats on getting a great deal!!  those washcloths are totally cute too!!  I might wander over there if I didn't already have the set of large masks that I still need to get to and use...I'm so bad about actually using things I buy lol.

I am hoping for a warehouse sale @treestar86. Their fulfillment center is only a 15 minute drive from my house. I am amazed by the results every time I use that mask.

that would be neat @Loretta55  I think the set of 6 large masks I got is reg. $75 but I waited until it was on sale for about $45 I think?  they usually go on sale for about that around the holidays, at ulta anyways.

I stopped purchasing the larger sizes of masks because if I am lucky if one of those masks work for me @treestar86. If I am not sure which mask that I would prefer, I would purchase a sampler pack.

oh, bummer. @Loretta55  it would be nice if there were a skincare sharing/splitting group or something for that...otherwise I just have to put things on ebay lol.

PTR does offer a smaller sized sampler @treestar86 PETER THOMAS ROTH - Mask-Erade. I received a similar set in a gratis package last year and that is how I found my 2 favorites. I like the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask and the Irish Mud Moor Mask.

The more exciting items from 2 of my late June orders: 

Ulta 

The green eyeliner's end cap popped off while I removed its shrinkwrap; I popped it back on after this photo.The green eyeliner's end cap popped off while I removed its shrinkwrap; I popped it back on after this photo.
Notes: 
Spoiler
L.A. Girl Shockwave Neon Eyeliners - The shade Screamin’ is part of my continuing quest for a great yellow eyeliner pencil. I also bought the shades Electric (blue) and Gotcha (green) to pair with the next item on my list. These gel pencils felt nice on my hand. I’ll see how they perform on my eyes sometime this week. 

Uoma Beauty Black Magic Carnival Color Palette - I’ve wanted to try an Uoma eyeshadow palette since their first one launched, but none of the color stories spoke to me—until this one. I should’ve waited til daylight hours to photograph swatches and better show off the shimmers, but this’ll do. The mattes feel quite creamy. The yellow and orange mattes are very buildable, which is nice: I can get a subtle wash or a bold punch out of them. This palette will be fun to play with. 

All eyeshadows were swatched with dry fingers.All eyeshadows were swatched with dry fingers.
MAC Creamsheen Lipstick in Sweet Sakura - I’m not a big fan of the Creamsheen line. They’re generally too subtle and/or semi-opaque for me. But Sweet Sakura’s a shimmer, and I’m a sucker for a sparkly red, and though I SO do not need more red lipsticks, I bought this one anyway. I want to see how it looks in natural sunlight, but so far I like it. 

MAC Creamsheen in Sweet Sakura. Couldn't quite capture the shimmer in this photo.MAC Creamsheen in Sweet Sakura. Couldn't quite capture the shimmer in this photo.
Sephora 

Left blush duo: Oh She's Different. Right blush duo: Do We Know Her?Left blush duo: Oh She's Different. Right blush duo: Do We Know Her?
Notes: 
Spoiler
I’m finally trying some Patrick Ta items. I’ve resisted all his lipsticks and glosses because they seem too similar to shades I already own, but eventually I'll cave and buy one (most likely a bullet) to test. I hope more shades are available by then. Meanwhile, I picked 3 things from his new Major Headlines release: 

Precision Lip Crayon in She’s Not From Here - This orange red liner will pair well with several of the warm reds and red oranges in my lipstick hoard. I also want to try it as a full base coat and see how it wears as a solo lip color. It sure is pretty! It’s a click-up pencil, so I won’t have to sharpen it. I just hope it doesn't run out too quickly. 

Double-Take Creme & Powder Blush - First I chose Oh She’s Different. After adding the lip liner to cart and resisting all the lipsticks again, I was so proud of myself that I decided I deserved a treat—so I added another blush duo to cart, Do We Know Her? This one looks rather subtle on my wrist, but I’m not mad about that. The cream blush seems buildable, so I’ll see how far I can push it on my cheeks. Meanwhile, Oh She’s Different is exactly what I’d hoped for. 

Patrick Ta blushes and lip crayon. In each blush duo, top is cream and bottom is powder.Patrick Ta blushes and lip crayon. In each blush duo, top is cream and bottom is powder.

And: thank you @lmaster  @faeriegirl  @SportyGirly125 ! (Can't tag more than 10 people per post, boo hiss!) 

Thanks for the swatches @WinglessOne I've been eyeing the...

Thanks for the swatches @WinglessOne I've been eyeing the Patrick TA blush in coral but trying not to purchase too much until Fall. That lip color looks great on you!

Re: Thanks for the swatches @WinglessOne I've been eyeing the...

@Luvstravel @I got the blush duo in coral and swatched it on the Patrick Ta thread 

The Uoma Beauty palette is stunning, @WinglessOne!

@WinglessOne Whoa it's all so beautiful!

Nice haul @WinglessOne.

RE: Re: Jam packed June hauls 2020

Super cool haul!

@WinglessOne  those blush names are e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. 😄

I need.

@WinglessOne the Patrick Ta duos look so pretty and it seems like they're getting great reviews across the board.

@WinglessOne Way awesome haul! Everything looks awesome! I've been wanting to try out Patrick Ta as well. I'm so intrigued by those LA Girl liners. I've been wanting to try out some colorful liners and get out of my comfort zone. They look very pigmented and beautiful.

Great hauls, @WinglessOne!! That green shimmer in the Uoma palette keeps catching my eye!! These are all gorgeous. Enjoy your goodies!!

Beautiful haul @WinglessOne! 🙂 You're making me want to pick up that MAC Sweet Sakura lippie, even though I don't need any more lipsticks and even though I know that color will not look as wow! on me the way it does on you. Very pretty!! 

Ohh those liners!!! @WinglessOne wow great haul

2,754 Replies
testing