Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

JUICY JUNE HAULS!

I did not see a thread for June 2017 hauls so I'm hoping it's okay that I start one!

Since it's my birthday month and I'm saving up for a trip later this summer I am more than happy to live vicariously through the juicy hauls that I know this month will bring!

June Hauls Please

Re: JUICY JUNE HAULS!

@pinyo  It wasn't earlier in the year (was still the eyeshadow). They recently changed it.

As an earlier in the year Birthday I'm jealous! Hope they keep it around for my next birthday!

I should not be buying stuff, but alas

Sephora.jpg

Spoiler
A couple Formula X polishes.  Not pictured, a UD lipstick ordered for a friend.

DS.jpg

Spoiler
Nice finds at a local dollar store.  The bottle is one with a flat top that you can press a cotton ball, etc. down on.   They also had a number of small to medium acrylic organizers, It's likely I will snag a few more.

B&BW.jpg

Spoiler
Any guess what my favorite scents from Bath & Body Works are? ....As a hint I'll note the Brown Sugar Fig was purchased in store as a temporary hold over since I wasn't sure how quickly my online order would arrive.

Spoiler
WARNING, RANT........I HATE that B&BW has made it a point to continuously discontinue popular scents.  I'm telling my age a bit here but I remember the release of the Black Raspberry Vanilla when I was in high school.  My mom and I were obsessed and clearly half my city was because it was rarely in stock at local stores.  Nowadays my only chance of picking it up is waiting around for their semi-annual sales (my first year where none of the 6 stores near me had a single bottle of anything) & I couldn't even get a single body wash online....the body cream was the ONLY thing they had in this fragrance😩.

The Wild Madagascar Vanilla is a much newer release that they also discontinued for whatever reason.  I probably would've cried if I weren't able to get some body washes online.

This whole get rid of things people actually like is one of the reasons I've significantly reduced shopping at B&BW.  I won't even purchase a candle unless it's during their big candle sale.  Le sigh, end rant 😶).

@ElleElleG

Yes, I hate how bbw does that now! Now I only go in for the semi annual sale and grab whatever scents  I like that are the cheapest, and treat them all as "I'll never see this one again"...I have no idea what their current scents are anymore. I gave up when they discontinued White Cherry Blossom many moons ago 😡

Agreed!  I don't keep up with their current scents either & at each semi annual sale I'm like wha the heck is this.  Honestly their semi-annual isn't even as good, deal-wise, as it used to be.  The number of fragrances/items that are truly "on sale" has diminished greatly @RGbrown

@ElleElleG I went a little overboard a year and a half ago (they ran some one day specials for $3 shower gel and $3 lotion before Xmas that year) and I still have what is likely a 5 year supply. 😂 I still usually drop by at least once for each SAS, but I didn't even do that this time around. For the most part, I only swing by every now and again if I need candles and know I can get the big ones for under $10. Keeping up with their scents just became too much of a chore.

I have a couple things coming that I was going to wait to post about  until some other stuff arrived but I have no self control. I will just post in in dribs and drabs instead!

As of June 2017 I now have all the Charlotte Tilbury blushes! I mean, there are only, like, seven so this wasn't some arduous process. But, still feels good to have them all. And I actullay LIKE them all and all will get use. 

IMG_4914.JPG

Here was the last missing piece: Love Glow, along with a CT blush brush to mark the occasion. I am crazy about brush handle in particular. 

Also my free Pretty Vuigar Liquid Liner came - just had to pay shipping. It seems pretty solid. I had a nice even line across my lid very easily 

Also, I fell asleep at least three times trying to post this. Please ignore the inevitable tryeposz!!

How satisfying to complete your blush collection!  Enjoy!  @starsandbucks

Looks like some amazing goodies!

So jealous of your CT blush collection. I missed out on the free liner! Glad to hear it's good quality 😄

Oooo, I'm excited that you like the Pretty Vulgar liner! I got it but I'm waiting to use up some others before I use this one. I adore the packaging. 😍 @starsandbucks Nice blush, too!

The Jo Malone promo last week finally made me pull the trigger on my very first purchase from the brand.  The bath oil will be a surprise gift for a dear friend, while the generous freebies will be mine. 😉  Some initial first-impressions in the spoiler cut below.

Spoiler
Basil and Neroli: I was expecting this to smell much more green and herbal, maybe something like the Diptyque L'Eau des Hesperides?  I found it to be much more floral-smelling than the name would suggest.  If I were to re-do my purchase, I would have probably gone for either of the Cologne Intense instead of this scent.

Peony & Blush Suede:  I was expecting musky floral, but found it to be more like sweet / candied floral instead!  On the dry-down, the scent changes to something warm, comforting.  I ended up liking this much more than I thought I would.  

The only thing that I really didn't care for is the body cream sample.  Maybe I got an off batch, but the texture was quite stiff, difficult to spread, and not very emollient or hydrating.  I'll still use it up, by thinning it out with some body oil, but wouldn't purchase as a full-sized product.

Jo Malone 1st Purchase - Copy.jpg

Very sweet of you @MlleCC to think of your friend.  Beautiful photo.

What a lovely photo!  Congrats on your first Jo Malone purchase!  @MlleCC

Fortunately, the hauls have slowed down a little...

Sephora and Birchbox:

sephora061617.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Beauty Protector Spray (Birchbox)
2.  Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm (Birchbox)
3.  Beautyblender Solid Pro (Sephora):  LOVE this!
4.  Mystery Samples (Birchbox)
5.  Samples (Sephora) - I could have sworn I added a promo, but it didn't show up on my order or packing slip - weird...

Kylie Cosmetics:

kylie061917.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Koko Kollection Face Palette
2.  Salted Caramel Kylighter
3.  Maliboo Lip Kit
4.  Strawberry Cream Lip Kit
5.  In Love with Koko Liquid Lipstick Set
6.  Royal Peach Palette

Here are swatches of the lip products:
IMG_1261.JPG
Top to Bottom:
1.  Maliboo
2.  Strawberry Cream
3.  Koko Doll
4.  Koko Sugar Plum Gloss
5.  KoKo Baby Girl
6.  Koko Bunny

That Beauty Protector spray is the best!! It smells so good and it works extremely well (imagine that) 😄

I know, right!  This is like my 5th repurchase!  😊   @Mcakes

@Tamara76 The Kylie stuff is so well marketed. Can't argue with the presentation! How do you find the shadows?

@fairlywell  I agree!  She has killer marketing, and with a teenage girl in my house, we are especially susceptible!  😊

Most of this Kylie order is for my daughter, but I do have the Burgundy palette and the quality is not too bad. Her shadows definitely aren't in the same quality range as ABH or Natasha Denona from a formula standpoint, but the colors are beautiful!

I really love her lip products, though, especially the glosses and the new velvet formula and I also like the highlighters.  

It's my birthday week and I've apparently lost my mind a little bit. There's still more on the way. 😱

IMG_0173.JPG

happy Birthweek @fairlywell! What a fantastic haul to celebrate it with 😄 ❤ Enjoy your special day!

4 Replies
testing