Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

⛱🏝JOYOUS JUNE HAULS!!🌞🌴 2021

Happy Birthday 🎂🥳to all of the beautiful June babies out there!! Share your almost-summer hauls here🛍 😍 So many good things to look forward to, soak up some sun and let’s see what everyone is bringing home!

870D1EAF-836B-45B5-BD72-FFA32CFA285F.gif

916A60D4-B175-42BA-9AA0-6DC85DC26BC1.gif

Re: ⛱🏝JOYOUS JUNE HAULS!!🌞🌴 2021

Yay for catching the TJ Watermelon mist this year, @Shosh85! I haven’t tried anything yet from Good Molecules, if there is a stand I would love to know about it👍🏼

@eshoe  I was so worried I'd miss out on that watermelon spray! When I saw it on the shelves I swear I heard angels singing 😂

This is only day 1 of trying/testing everything out, but so far my first impressions of Good Molecules are really great! We'll see how it goes after I've had more time to use them 😉

That’s good enough for me, @Shosh85. the price point is so good, it seems like a safe bet either way🙌🏼

@Shosh85  That primer is interesting.  I looked up each ingredient, because I have gotten burned before when buying something that supposedly contained no "silicones" and it did.  Lots of plant-based ingredients in this, some manmade, it uses ethylhexylglycerin for a preservative instead of parabens.  Several skin softening ingredients, including the cetyl ethylhexanoate as the silicone substitute.  I may have to get this!

@Ispend2much6  Oh interesting! I didn't really even study the ingredients too much and honestly I didn't really even get it because it's silicone free - I got it because I've been trying to find a good moisturizing primer and this one got good reviews, plus it's a great price for the amount you get. 😃

@Shosh85   I only noticed because dimethicone tends to clog my pores.  I won't use any skincare with it, and I try to limit the face makeup I use with it but that's pretty difficult to do.

@Ispend2much6 I wonder how similar the GM is to Glossier’s Priming Moisturizer 🤔

Spoiler
Aqua/Water/Eau, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Stearic Acid, Propanediol, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Palmitic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Tropaeolum Majus Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenyl Trimethicone Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d'Abeille, Mel/Honey Extract/Extrait de Miel, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Phospholipids, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Tetrapeptide-14, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Butylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, Cetyl Palmitate, Betaine, Potassium Sorbate, Ceteareth-20, Laureth-7, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate.

@eshoe  It doesn't seem like it's very similar.  Glossier is using a lot of natural, and a greater quantity of, ingredients.  Offhand I see about three that are the same, towards the end of the list.  Glossier does have a silicone- the phenyl trimethicone.

Oh I missed that, @Ispend2much6 - thank you for pointing that out! That also explains why I had to toss it before finishing the entire tube, as the scent went off.

@eshoe  You're welcome!  The natural products do go bad pretty quickly.

@Shosh85 What's the texture like on the Good Molecules Brightening Serum?  It's been on my radar for a while.

@greeneyedgirl107  I've only patch tested it a few times on my arm/hand so far, but it feels a lot like a dry oil to me - it's maybe very slightly viscous right at first, but absorbs super quick and makes my skin feel sooo soft and smooth - not oily or greasy at all. I can see it working great under makeup. I'll let you know how it goes after I've been able to try it out more.. and on my face 😉

@Shosh85 That sounds like a good texture for me.  I'll have to pick one up once the weather cools off.  It's been in the high 80s here, and my skin is suffering.  Once it goes back to normal, then I can try some new things!

Very interested in the silicone free primer!! Enjoy all your goodies @Shosh85 

@lmaster  I just tried it today, for only a few hours and without a mask (but I was outside) and first impressions are great! It really does feel moisturizing (much better than all the other primers I've used that claim to be moisturizing/hydrating), helps my foundation go on more smoothly and seems to keep it in place well, despite being in the rain! Tomorrow I'll be trying it with a mask on, so we'll see how well it does then 😉 @Ispend2much6 

Thank you!! Please keep us posted with a mask @Shosh85 🙏

@Shosh85 ,

Great Hauls!  I wanted to try Trader Jo's Watermelon Facial Mist, and I don't live close to a Trader Joe's, so I ordered one on Amazon. 

I just found out the price difference.  At least I got the lesser of two evil prices... more like paying for shipping.  It's tolerable.   I wish that trader Joe's would sell online, but they say that they never will.

@tsavorite  I looked into buying TJ's online too, but those prices really are bad. Due to COVID and my kids being out of therapy for over a year, there was a lot of stores I wasn't able to go to until now. Sorry you had to pay so much for it - I was honestly very tempted to!

@Shosh85 @Great haul. Glad you got your hands on the TJ seasonal beauty items. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125!! I was so worried I'd miss out! Everything just smells sooo good! 🍉🫐😋

@Shosh85 yay for TJs watermelon spray!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos208
  • 870D1EAF-836B-45B5-BD72-FFA32CFA285F.gif
  • 916A60D4-B175-42BA-9AA0-6DC85DC26BC1.gif
  • 50C6A98E-883D-484F-B943-27D7C7B385D6.jpeg
  • 433BA38E-A6ED-48A1-902A-255F786DE5F7.jpeg
  • FFBBAC01-BA34-4EEA-A9EB-FDC93F2D8A4A.jpeg
  • FFD9EFD3-102D-4F04-B488-C0DB11C89730.jpeg
  • Picked this beauty up from Westman Atelier direct last month. She arrived today.
  • WA Swatches.jpg
  • PXL_20210602_233906019.jpg
  • PXL_20210602_233702399.jpg
  • 9D5D9B1B-72A4-449C-9FED-E51F695E635F.jpeg
  • 95BF2B10-39B3-40C1-AD47-251633D1511A.gif
  • 9AA0ABF7-BAC1-4F81-8459-E409772D234E.jpeg
  • 28252914-C961-4672-A2D5-5E53B167B2FB.jpeg
  • ED3ED8D9-7003-49B7-9323-79F4F76E4999.jpeg
testing