Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Ipsy June 2014

I love the sneak peeks, so I wanted to start the new thread for this month.  Even though I love trying new things I otherwise would never buy, I like having an idea of what is coming.

Looks like the bag does have the lei/flower theme in support of the luau.

Spoiler 1 (Lips)

NYX Butter Lip Gloss

*No other items are in the picture, so it looks like everyone will be receiving one.

Spoiler 2 (Eyeliner)

Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

NickaK Shimmer Eyeliner (both in the middle are this brand)

Ofra Cosmetics Eyeliner

*It looks like everyone will receive one of these three options.

Spoiler 3 (Face)

OleHenriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths

Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara

Laneige Complexion Correction BB Cushion

ClariSEA Sea Salt Solutions Face Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant

MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Cream SPF30

Ofra Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil

Skinn Olive & Enzyme Rich Cleanser and Resurfacing Mask 

Essence of Beauty Wind Kissed Fine Fragrance Body Mist

DERMADoctor DD Cream

Realtree Perfume

*It looks like everyone will get two of these ten samples.

Spoiler 4 (Hair)

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray

Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Anti Breakage and Anti frizz Styling Cream

*It looks like everyone will get one of these three options.

Spoiler 5 (the bag)

Re: Ipsy June 2014

I believe the samples are all free, and agree there is a profit margin.  However, I doubt it is all profit.  They have to incur shipping costs, advertising costs, packaging costs for the pink envelopes, staffing costs, rent or mortgages for their offices and warehouses, etc.  My guess is Ipsy makes a decent profit even with all of those costs taken out.  I also do not know if they pay for someone to make the bags each month or at least pay for the materials.

I guess I meant Gross Profit, since there arent COGs. Assembling and shipping and staff are all important costs, but they don't pay for the stuff they sell.  IPSY does these flash sales so that companies can make back the money they spent giving them those samples quickly.

They are probably making a decent profit on the flash sales.  I have ordered a couple and they are charged by and shipped by Ipsy.  Their staff is already on hand, so not a lot of added costs for these sales I bet, plus they are doing cheap advertising on Facebook and emails to people who are already members.  Talk about targeted advertising and a captive audience.  We have nowhere to run!  Anyway, I am sure you're right that Ipsy is making a nice profit.  

The bag is up.  It fits into the theme nicely and looks very pretty.

The bag is pretty!

I agree.  This is something I could see myself carrying to a beach themed party.  Most of the time, the bags just go into a big box to permanently reside.

I used three of mine last Christmas to fill with little makeup and nail goodies for three of my young cousins. It worked well. They felt like fancy ladies with their little makeup bags and goodies and I was happy to find a good use for them and save a bit of money in the process.

That is a cute idea.  It sure beats having them sit on a box.

What a cute idea! I love making kids happy Smiley Happy

Thank you so much notcreative for doing this for us!!!  Smiley Happy  I can't wait to receive mine now!! Smiley Happy  It looks really cool this month! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

You're welcome.  I am always excited for my bag.  As long as it improves a little on last month, I am sure I will stay excited.

Can't wait to get my bag now Smiley Happy

I know.  This bag is very cute.  They could put sand in it, and I would still want it.  Maybe, it is one I will actually use.

I love the bag! The only other bags that I've liked were the leopard print and plastic pink ones from last summer.

I really like this bag too.  Someone on Facebook mentioned that she was selling a dress in the same pattern for either $275 or $375, so this is probably going to look even better in person.

I Can't believe that it may actually be the bag I'm most excited for this month! Now if I got the Ole wipes with it I would be ecstatic! I'm pretty pleased with all of the options this month. 

I just saw what is in my Sample Society box, and I am definitely thinking this has to be better than that.  They are sending me four moisturizers and two perfumes (one of the four is one I just received from Ipsy too).  I have more moisturizers than I can use already, so it is weird they are sending me four in one box.  Perfumes are not my thing either, so I am not really pleased about getting two in one box.

This bag looks awesome, and I think everyone wants the Ole wipes.  I cannot wait to see who actually gets them.  Game on!  I want them, so please, please, please!

Has anybody gotten a tracking # yet?

yup, just got it

Not yet, but I am stalking my Glam Room to see what I am getting.  According to Facebook, they are posting the info today (even though it was not up by the 10th for the last two months if I remember correctly).  I cannot wait to see what everyone is getting actually to see who is getting what they want.

I finally got a shipping number today at noon.  It looks like my bag shipped yesterday morning, so I am hoping to receive it tomorrow or the next day.  There is no anticipated delivery date listed, so tomorrow is probably unlikely.

Highlighted

Check out what I just got in the mail today! I haven't even checked my glam room or gotten a tracking number lol and it's my first box. The bag is pretty cute, something I'd actually want to use. The NYX gloss isn't in a shade that would be flattering on me but oh well. I got the blue sparkle eyeliner and am a little scared to use it because liquid is already challenging, let alone a bright blue liquid Smiley Very Happy can't wait to try the Carol's Daughter style cream

Wow! The Glam Rooms haven't even been updated yet and you have your bag! I'm a little jealous Smiley Happy I'm actually hoping for the sparkle blue eyeliner.

I know, it's crazy! My Glossybox came very late so I'm glad I got this box in a timely manner at least. I'm not big on colored liner but I might give it a try Smiley Wink

Nice.  Is the Ofra item indeed an eyebrow pencil?  Please share what is in the pink tube, so I can update it above.  I see that it says RealTree.  Is it a perfume?  Thanks!

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • IpsyJune20141.png
  • IpsySoilerJune20142.png
  • IpsyJuneSpoiler20143.png
  • IpsySpoilerJune20144.jpg
  • IpsySneakpeek5June4014.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • ipsy.jpg
  • Untitled.png
  • ipsy1.jpg