Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Ipsy July 2014

I received the first sneak peek for Ipsy in my inbox this morning and figured I should share and get the July discussion going Smiley Happy

Sneak Peek #1

Everyone will be receiving 1 of these 2 items from bareMinerals

Sneak Peek #2

Everyone will be receiving 1 of these 2 items

Sneak Peek #3

Everyone will be receiving 2 of these items 

Sneak Peek #4

Everyone will be receiving 1 of these items

Re: Ipsy July 2014

I LOVE cream eyeshadows so I have high hopes that I'll love bareminerals Smiley Happy Overall, I'm kind of excited for my bag being that I love cheek/lip tints too! <3

Can I ask for some advice on cream shadows?  As you love them, I am assuming you know how to work them better than I do or have far less oily lids. What do you apply to get them to stay?  I find they crease on me no matter what I do.

Aww of course! I do in fact have oily lids as well too. When I was younger in my teens I had what I would think is normal to dry skin but as I have gotten older my skin is far more oily. That being said, primers are a must for me. As of right now, I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion and it seems to be working well though I have heard that the Nars eye primer is maybe better. I work really early in the morning, like 4am early and I do like to have something on my eyes just to make me feel better (since makeup does make me feel good) so cream eyeshadows work rather well for me. They're quick and so easy to use. I use my finger (freshly washed) or a synthetic brush to apply. As for cream eyeshadows, ones that I have used are: Benefit, Chanel, Lush, and a random one by Tini Beauty from ipsy. If you're interested, I would stop by Lush if you have a chance. Their new makeup is surprisingly really good. Their cream eyeshadows come in a dropper bottle with a sponge tip applicator, but what I like about them the most is that the formula is a bit different than what I'm used to. It's dryer, if that makes sense? And I find it to be long lasting. Smiley Happy Good luck dear! <3

As I was thinking about your question a bit more.. just to explain how I keep my cream eyeshadows in place may just be that I'm using an oil free cleanser and toner as well. So that probably helps me too. I currently use the Origins Zero Oil line and it seems to be working for me too. I'm sorry I wrote so much, I just got kind of excited that you asked me a question <3

http://www.sephora.com/zero-oil-deep-pore-cleanser-P297541?skuId=1375948

http://www.sephora.com/zero-oil-pore-purifying-toner-P297544?skuId=1375989

Highlighted

My eyes are strange.  Very oily on the lids.  Very dry underneath.  I like the NARS primer for powder shadows but have not tried any cream ones since I started using it in April.  Maybe, I will start trying them again and see how NARS holds up.  Urban Decay primer does not work for me.  My lids are just too oily.  Thanks for the advice.

My bag just arrived.

I was actually hoping for that blue nail polish! other than that, I think Im gonna be content with it this month! i can never have too many they're real mascara mini's! (I have like 4 lol)

My bag finally arrived yesterday!

I really like the lip and cheek tint.

Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • Ipsy1.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • Ipsy 5.png
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg