Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Incredible April Hauls 2024

Please post your incredible hauls for this month. I can’t wait to see what everyone gets during the Sephora Savings Event which starts first for Rouge members on 4/5.

Sephora Savings Event 2024 FAQs (Updated 3/4) 

Happy Birthday month April babies!!!

IMG_3271.jpeg

Re: Incredible April Hauls 2024

@itsfi  Smart move!!! I couldn’t believe how many DS of shampoo and conditioner I have to use!! 

It sneaks up on you, doesn't it @ather? One day, the number is manageable and the next you're left wondering when all these made their way here?! And why you're just now realizing it? 🤣 Just have to work on being better. 

OOOOOoooooHHHH @itsfi such detailed review!!!! Thank you 🥰 I may need to wait a year or so to try as I've just looked at the backup dry shampoos and I think I have 8 in row.. the dampness reminds me of my shock/horror with IGK Mini First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo 2 oz/ 90 mL and then the magic of like.. the dryness? 😂

I think I would be very curious as to what the volume looks like @itsfi 🤔 this thin hair girl can definitely use some!!!

lol, yes!!! That's exactly how it went @jaaayp. Damp, damp, damp and bam! Dry! 🤣 I'm pretty sure I need to impose a moratorium on hair care products in general for the foreseeable future. It's an understatement to say I have a lot, and a variety of products too. So, while I'm on a 'low' buy, it will be a no buy for hair care items. Hoping that there will be a mini / travel version of the K18 dry shampoo offered as a promo gwp. That would be a great way for folks to try it out and see if it's something that will be a good fit for them. 🤞

GOOD IDEA @itsfi we should start a petition for the trial size LOL 😂😂 idk if it's just me, I go through hair products the fastest/most, then skincare, then makeup (which is why I don't buy too many makeup items vs the other 2). I also have thin/fine hair and my hair needs a lot more product to look not necessarily thicker but kinda like put together? (Not sure if you'll know what I mean 😅) so I wouldn't feel bad about having a lot unless.. you just go don't through them as much?!

Ahhhh, interesting @jaaayp. For hair care, do you go through treatment / styling products more quickly than shampoo and conditioner?

The bulk of my hair care is shampoo, conditioner and hair masks. I have a fair amount of treatment and styling products but I don't use a lot in my regular routine so it takes me some time to get through them - maybe on average 9-12+ months. Hair oils, hair serums and heat protectant items make up most of my treatment / styling products. Then hair mists and then maybe dry shampoo and for dry shampoo, that's really more back up of back ups. Whoops. 🙄 Then miscellaneous hair care products, like mousses and pre-wash oils and... some of those miscellaneous item I'm pretty sure I don't know how to use. Hahaha!  My individual strands are fine but I have a lot of strands (even if I shed a bunch, there seems to be a lot of them on my head, though admittedly not as much as I used to have - ahhhh, aging!) I go through hair oils more since I highlight my hair now and scalp care is something I focus on more as well. 

Skincare I do better with less is more, or if I have a little more products in my routine, I try to stick to those products and not introduce many new things. My skin prefers a more simple, regular routine. I don't use sheet masks as often for that reason; or, if I do, it's usually the same handful of sheet masks that I rotate through, instead of a new or different sheet mask every time. I feel like my skin has become less dehydrated than before because of my heavy sheet masking days, but now, my skin is more fussy and prefers to have a set routine to stick to. So all that said, I've been trying really hard to not get distracted by new releases, but it is not easy, especially with the skincare. 

Yup. I can empathize with the new releases.. They're making these products too fast @itsfi !

I think my routine is the other way around.. I bleach my hair and therefore, I only wash my hair once or twice a week. Before I wash, hair oil #BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Hair Oil Everyday Gloss 3.3 oz/ 100 mL and scalp oil (good bye holiroot).

Tbh, I only learned this year that depending on the condition of my hair (fresh bleached or not), less is not always more so im going through a lot of these products more quickly. As an example, I started noticing the 2 pumps of verb oil was becoming not as effective. I upped it to 4 pumps, voila, silky, soft hair.

I have 3 sets of shampoo & conditioner in the shower and 2 purple shampoos and 2 hair masks and 1 detox shampoo...... seems like a lot typing it out LOL (day 1). After wash, OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL and either Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme 3.3 oz/ 100 mL or K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Day 2, minimum products. Just scalp serum.

Day 3, dry shampoo kicks in! Yaaaay. I love using the igk Duo. I LOVE both. It makes my hair look amazing. I usually put in some curls to refresh my flat hair, does the trick imo. With curls come Verb Volume Dry Texture Spray and Bumble and bumble Thickening Dryspun Volume Texture Spray 

Day 4, maybe dry shampoo, maybe not but by this time, I need dae Prickly Pear Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or dae Cactus Fruit 3-in-1 Styling Cream 5 oz/ 150 mL (pretend it's not greasy) and of course OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL 

Day 5, I contemplate if I wanna wash for the weekend. If I do and I have dry shampoo in already, I just usually just oil the mid/ends because using dry shampoo will pretend oil absorption.

Day 6, repeat day 2 or 3 depending on whether I washed or not LOL

Day 7, wash day, day 1 repeat.

As for skincare, I think im also the opposite. Or maybe not opposite per se but I need to rotate my products. Not every single day but once my face gets used to a certain routine, I find that it's not as effective as it was on week 2 and I need to give my skin something different. I am minimizing my 9 steps down though. I decided with this low/no buy, I will be removing the toner and essence and focus my attention to serums.

Ahhh, your hair care routine @jaaayp! You have gotten it down! It's a great feeling when you figure out what works best for your hair care (and skincare, too!) 

I read "I have 3 sets of shampoo & conditioner in the shower and 2 purple shampoos and 2 hair masks and 1 detox shampoo...... seems like a lot typing it out LOL" and thought "ohhhh, I'm jealous that she can fit all that in her shower!" And, of course, now I'm wondering, which shampoo, conditioner and purple shampoos do you have in your rotation at the moment? I've only started working purple products in my routine and it has made a difference. The Bread hair oil gloss is on my list...errrr, for when my low buy era ends or when I run out of hair oils - hahahaha! Not sure that latter one happen anytime soon. 

Oh, I love face serums. 💗 I used to have so many, not all in my routine, but I would rotate them in and out with some frequency. Serums and essences still make up a good share of my skincare collection. That's so funny - you're removing the toner and essence from your routine and I'm bringing them back in, though for limited appearances, in to mine for the warmer months. 

Yes @itsfi ! It really is a good feeling to get a routine down as the decision fatigue can be draining sometimes, esp at the end of the day and you're trying to figure out what skincare to use 😂😂😂 I find that it also helps with the pan it challenge 🙂 

Right now I have the BondiBoost Thickening Therapy Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner Duo and the Verb Ghost Weightless Shampoo and Conditioner Jumbo Set for Fine Hair aaaand Matrix OH SO Silver Shampoo & Condition. Additionally, I have the Olaplex No. 5P Blonde Enhancer™ Toning Purple Conditioner 8.5 oz / 250 ml and L'ange purple shampoo. Been using all of them for a year now and have backups of each so I won't be rotating them anytime soon. Are you a fellow blondey now?!? I'm trying to go darker next time I get my hair done. Yes.. I have a pretty large shower to fit all that plus bodywash and hair masks 😂 what's in your shower?!

Tbh, I think im truly getting skincare fatigue. I really need to stop buying backups.. also.. buying like 3 different things to try at once (i.e. I run out of retinol and buy 3 different retinol to try) 🫠 I would love to see your skincare collection @itsfi just to browse... not to get inspired 🤭

@jaaayp,I have been hearing a lot about BondiBoost recently; will make a note to look into them ... after I work through my stash more. I like that Verb set - it's a good one. My hair is still dark - dark brown/black; it has some blonde highighlighs in it. That's probably as far as I'll go. I would have a hard time sticking with the upkeep. Purple shampoos help with brassiness in the blonde and browns in my hair. I've been working healing my skin (dryness and breakouts) so it's been a super simple skincare routine for me of late - haruharu cleansing oil and their soft cleansing gel (replaced with Rhode Pineapple Refresh Daily Cleanser a couple of times a week), EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL, Rhode Peptide Glazing Fluid, EADEM Cloud Cushion Plush Moisturizer with Ceramides + Peptides (the mini from the discovery set) and Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

Let's see ... my shower shelf is currently lined with 

haircare:

* Oribe Signature Shampoo 

* Oribe Signature Conditioner 

* OUAI Mini Detox Shampoo 3 oz/ 89 mL 

* Virtue ColorKick® Debrassing Blue - Purple Shampoo 8 oz/ 240 mL 

* Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL (gratis) 

* BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Scalp-Thingy: Scalp Massager 

bath & body:

* Soft Services Buffing Bar Exfoliating Body Bar for KP and Ingrown Hair (2 pack) 7.5 oz / 221 g - I have a mini from the discovery set; it is used only on the soles of my feet. It's too rough for anywhere else.

* Kosas AHA + Enzyme Exfoliating Body Wash (the orange bottle)

* 54 Thrones Moisturizing Butter Cream Body Wash - Non-Stripping with Shea Butter, Ceramides and Niaci... 

* ALO Mega-C Skin-Soothing + Hydrating Body Wash with Vitamin C & Magnesium 6.8 oz / 200 ml (mini version - this one's new to the routine)

* shower scarf 

other

* hydrating face mask of some sort, if there's room on the shelf, lol

GURL you got all that in your shower @itsfi ?! It's an awesome collection you have going there 🥰 purple shampoo is helping you with your browns?! Wow! That's amazing to hear. I was ashy brown (on the lighter side) for a while and I had to use like BLUE shampoo for a while. My hair would always lean brassy (Asian bleached hair) and I absolutely would lose my mind over it. Adding blue made a huge difference which... is probably what I would need to start doing once I go darker.. 🫠 

I haven't tried the virtue one.. is it good? Less drying? I love the olaplex for toning but it makes me tad dry (better than others) and I picked up Lange because that one really doesn't dry it out at all (idk how they do it)

I think/hope in a few months, I hope to have a simplified version of skincare like yours with eadem serum in it. I really liked it. I kinda wish I didn't have like 4 bottles of vitamin c in my collection rn LOL sorry to hear about your breakouts but I'm right there with you. I was told "it's good you breakout because that means you're still young!" 😂😂😂😂

Lol, that’s a good reframe on the adult acne situation we got going on @jaaayp! As with a lot of things, getting older has meant needing to make certain adjustments. I need to remind myself that I need to be patient when it comes to figuring out those adjustments. And then, I also need to remind myself to actually make an effort to make those adjustments. Just thinking about it isn’t going to make them happen. 😆 

Hence those "making notes 📝 " comments @itsfi 😂 I mean its very true.. I noticed that I used to be combo/oily all year around but lately I'm noticing stinging/drying which was very new to starting... last year? Then all this hoarding/hauling different skincare trying to find out ASAP but yes.. patience must be learned LOL 

@jaaayp, to be fair, the Oribe are the smaller sizes. I forgot I also have Sol de Janeiro Beija Flor™ Renewing Body Wash 13 oz / 385 mL and Moroccanoil Shower Gel Cleanser Spa du Maroc 

The purple has been helping to tone down the brassiness. 💜 I *try* to use it once a week. I like the Virtue but haven’t tried too many purple shampoos. I also like IGK Mixed Feelings Purple Leave-In Blonde Toning Drops 1 oz/ 30 mL, a product I learned about from @Mellmars1185. I made a note about blue shampoo, I’ve heard that is good for brown hair and toning down brassiness. At a certain point, my Asian hair gets brassy, it’s usually a couple of weeks before my next hair appointment. Depending on how much highlighting I had done, it can range from not so bad to “ack! Look away. Look away!!!” 😝 I often put my hair up in a clip to hide it, especially when I’ve been less disciplined about taking care of my hair (more often than not 😔). 

Now I’m curious, what blue shampoo have you found to your liking? Inquiring minds need to know. 

@itsfi I am so glad the drops are working for you! There is definitely a lot of product in that tiny package.

Yesss @Mellmars1185 @itsfi I love those drops too. Kohls sephora does 50% off on them every now and then! Yay my wallet.

I used to use the matrix blue shampoo. It worked wonders but I think it really depends on how dark/light your browns are 🤔 

I think we both for the OUAI Detox Shampoo.... or at least I did. It's crazy how we have so many products for hair! But I guess that's also on me trying to find the next best thing LOL

Thank you @itsfi! It sounds great!

I was really surprised @faeriegirl. I mean, I'm generally of the mindset that if it's from K18, it's going to be good, but I wasn't expecting that I would think that it could possibly beat out the amika Perk Up. Time will tell on that one but so far, the K18 has been superb.

Gorgeous, amazing finds and pics! @itsfi 

Awww, thank you @sister13! Going into the sale, I had a list of beauty categories that were off limit for purchase because my stash is already ... very healthy in certain categories. After this haul, I think I may need to expand "No shampoo and conditioner" to "No hair care products". 😆 

Yes, I was on no buy for hair care (but especially dry shampoo) until the DAE one came out. That K18, though, rivals my HG of the IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo 6.3 oz/ 288 mL ! @itsfi 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos321
  • IMG_3271.jpeg
  • 1000004869.jpg
  • 1000004870.jpg
  • 1000004871.jpg
  • IMG_3407.jpeg
  • IMG_3398.jpeg
  • IMG_3402.jpeg
  • IMG_1227.jpeg
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
  • IMG_1246.jpeg
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
  • A little pre-show before my spring sale items roll in.
  • IMG_1721.jpeg
  • IMG_1723.jpeg
testing