Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022 Holiday Shopping Advice2022 Holiday Shopping Advice

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! We like to think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration. Whether you’re ready to start making a dent in that gift list, or mainly looking to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself, you’ve come to the right place to ask for all the recs, show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! 🎁

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@CynthieLu @niki172 does the serum really work very well?  I've toyed with the thought of trying it and haven't yet.

@CookieGirl1 I've found with the Ordinary serum (only using it for about 3+ weeks) that I've seen improvement especially on my temples where new baby hairs ARE growing in. Since it's fairly inexpensive I would recommend trying it out if you can. A big plus is that it doesn't affect my already oily scalp and make my hair look like a grease pit (I use it at night) and my hair doesn't look like I've done anything to it when I wake up. I've had no side effects like burning and I bet with me putting this on a decent chunk of my scalp (I use it in targeted areas) that I'll need a new bottle in about 3 months maybe 2 1/2 which I think is decent.

For me @CookieGirl1 it helped me with itchy flaky scalp.  How i use it,  I tilt my head back *this stuff had a thin consistency, it moves fast!* I do two drops at my temples, and than massage it into my entire scalp.  I do this at night and by morning it's all absorbed. My head dosent itch. I can't say if it's regrowing thining spots at my temples because I think it is but not dramatically lol but my hair looks and feels good after over a year of use. And my scalp dosent itch *yeahy!* Two drops at night and I'm not oily, I still only wash my hair 2ish times a week and I can tell when I forget it because my scalp starts to bother me

@CynthieLu that's actually a really helpful review AND I appreciate the application tips.

I think everyone finds thier own way to use something they love,  ooh but when you find the way that works for you 😋 its a good feeling @CookieGirl1 

The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squaline Oil 

Kiehls Avacado Eye Cream

HourGlass Ambient Soft Glow Foundation 

HourGlass Ambient Light Palette

NudeStix - MINI Nudes 3 Pak Roses & Honey

Amika Kertian - The Kure Intense Bond Repair   Mask 

Nice list @sarahfogel !

@sarahfogel the Nudestix set is so cute!

Lovely list @sarahfogel 

Thank you ! I think the Hourglass Makeup will be perfect  for holiday looks and events ! Also my hair in the winter needs  a good hair  mask. So exicted ! 

Love the excitement of these sales @sarahfogel mee too *eeee!* 😋

Ahhhh yeeaaahh, it's the Holiday Savings Event! I love this sale event, my wallet, not so much. 😉  Here's my initial list @TeamBIC; it will no doubt see some changes - mostly, additions, of course! 😂

Restock
  • Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays Lightweight Foundation- love how this evens my complexion while still looking natural and glowy
  • amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo #or perhaps amika Dry Shampoo Lovers Set - I can't believe the first time I tried this beauty was when I received it in my experiene package for SEPHORiA 2022. It's my new favorite dry shampoo! 

Gifts for Others
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Mango Holiday Hand Mask and SEPHORA COLLECTION Coconut Holiday Foot Mask - I was so happy to see these pop up online this morning! 😍 These make wonderful stocking stuffers. I also include a set in the guest room as part of a "Welcome! We're so happy to have you stay with us!" basket. 
  • NEST New York Wellness Votive Trio Set - who doesn't want a sprinkling of wellness during the holidays! A great way to try these new scents. I include a gift card for the recipient to pick up a larger size of the their favorite scent from the set (or to pick up something else they may want)!
  • Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm Set - these balms are fabulous, and, seriously, how cute are those mini's! I may have to pick up one of these sets for myself as well!
  • Depending on the recipient, either JVN Complete Hydration Hair Set or Ceremonia Mini Hair Hydrating Set: Scalp Care, Shampoo & Treat - these make great gifts for the frequent flyers in the group.
  • A couple of fragrance discovery set (Fragrance Value Sets & Gift Sets | Sephora) - I'm still thinking about which ones to gift as there are quite a lot of lovely sets that have come out. 

Gifts for Me
  • Dior One-Minute Mask - this doesn't seem to be coming up to tag anymore. Hmmm... please don't be discontinued, please don't be discontinued...
  • Hoping the Lys Lip Treatment Oil set that @Nahnom posted about on the Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!! - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com) thread comes to the US in time for the holiday sale event. To our lovelies in Canada, both the lip oil and blush sets look amazing! 
  • The Westman Atelier holiday set - The Petal Set, if Sephora gets it during the sale. Please let it make its way to Sephora; please let it make its way to Sephora.
  • Others ... because I know there will be more. Stay tuned! 

Great list, @itsfi!! The JVN set is such good value, I find that they're pretty good for everyday and excellent for travel 

Completely agree  @haleyvvvv! I have a work trip next month and will be taking the JVN set with me. 💜

@itsfi 1) you give great gifts! 2) thanks for adding to my list 😂 - I need to go check out this Dior mask that you speak of and the Westman Atelier set that I had no idea was coming out. 

Awww, thank you @niki172! We'll have extended family coming through town during the holiday season so I have to be prepared and ready with gifts! 🎁

Oooh, the Dior 1-minute mask! 💕 As I've gotten older, my skin has become more dry and sensitive. It needs exfoliation but it can't handle the potent ones like it used to. I first used a foil sample of this mask in August, 2020 and liked it a lot. Fast forward, September 2022, I was lucky to have an opportunity to attend a Dior facial event where the 1-minute mask was one of the products used. It was OOS so I didn't pick it up then but it reminded me to add it to my list. 😉 It's quick, easy and works! 👍 The WA set is really pretty; I have one of the products already so I'll gift that one but the other two items in that set look beautiful. @faeriegirl kindly let me know that there's a product page for it on Sephora, with signups for notification for when it's in stock. And now, we wait. 😁

@itsfi thank you for letting me know about the Dior mask - now I have to go check it out 😊. Ah yes the waiting game on when new products (especially around the holidays) are going to drop. It's almost a game isn't it with a bit of a rush when you successfully can grab that item lol.

@itsfi I'm also an Amika Perk Up superfan! I have like 2 spare cannisters in my stash so I never run out, lol. I used to swear by powder dry shampoo only; this is really the first "wet"/spray version I can't live without that truly makes my hair feel clean again.

Hahaha @AlexBT; I love your strategy - must have backups on hand always! 💖 I'm thinking about picking up a couple of backups during the sale - one to keep in my drawer at work and one to keep in my gym bag. Oh, and of course, one to back up the one on the vanity at home. The amika is insanely good! I 100% agree - my hair feels very clean, not clean like "I used a dry shampoo level of clean" but clean like "wait, did I wash my hair or is this from the dry shampoo?" clean!

Your initial list is impressive @itsfi 

I hope those sets from Lys Lip are available to you in time for you to get your hands on one 🙂

@CynthieLu, thank you! Things will rotate on and off the list as new products are released. hahaha! I've tried to be fairly good all year long in anticipation of the holiday sale season. 😂

testing