Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022 Holiday Shopping Advice2022 Holiday Shopping Advice

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! We like to think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration. Whether you’re ready to start making a dent in that gift list, or mainly looking to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself, you’ve come to the right place to ask for all the recs, show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! 🎁

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Thanks for the heads up. Do Dior and Gucci go on sale, too? In the past, right at event launch moment, some items not available. 

@skincarecrazie 

Are there any exclusions?

The promotion is not valid on The Ordinary, MAC Cosmetics VIVA GLAM products, Sephora Collection, in-store services, purchases on Instacart, Instagram Shopping, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards, FLASH Shipping, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, or shipping and handling charges. Limited to one Dyson item and three tarte Shape Tape Concealer per SKU per transaction.

@skincarecrazie looking at the Faqs those do not appear to be on the excluded items list 

Thanks

The new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Face Palette Elephant, HUDA BEAUTY Empowered Eyeshadow Palette , and the new Natasha Denona My Dream Eyeshadow Palette 

Beautiful palettes @Amelia1!

Really great choices @Amelia1  🙂

@Amelia1 Great choices.  I own ND My Dream and HG in Elephant and have the HUDA palette on the way.

I always use all the fall discount codes to stock up on my essentials, and since I got my shampoo and conditioner during F&F, I'm going to get my skincare during the Rouge sale. REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Overnight Recovery Balm is a winter must-have for me. This community never steers me wrong, I started using it two years ago when y'all recommended it when I started using trentinoin and my skin was super dry and sensitive. 

The First Aid Beauty sets usually have the rest of my skincare essentials (the moisturizer, cleanser, and pads), so I plan on getting First Aid Beauty FAB Skin at the Disco .

Every 2-3 years, I replace my Hourglass palettes (they last that long for me because I use makeup maybe 1-2 times a week these days!), and when I saw the designs of the palettes this year, I knew I wanted Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Face Palette !

Finally, something I've just been curious about -- BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Hair Oil Everyday Gloss 

F8E62865-C2C5-449B-8FF7-E32467184A5A.jpeg

Nice list @txcatx ! FAB always has really great holiday sets.

Love your picks @txcatx the face palette look so pretty 😍 

@txcatx that Hourglass palette that you picked would be my choice, too.  It's so pretty!

@txcatx that Ren balm is such a life safer during the harsh winter months coming up. I am on the fence on the Hourglass palette but have heard nothing but good things (they always kill it with their check palettes).

@txcatx I own all three of the HG ambient lighting palettes from this year and I know you are going to love it. 

@txcatx , I love the FAB holiday set, such a great value

@txcatx The Hourglass palettes are so pretty this year! I can't decide which one I want most...

This was also my struggle, @AlexBT!! 😅

Right now the only things on my list are Olaplex No. 3 & No. 8 Hair Repair Remedies Set and either HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 100 Light Neutral or Westman Atelier Vital Skincare Complexion Drops Dewy Skin Tint 

Edited to add-

Westman Atelier Squeaky and Cheeky Duo Lip and Cheek Holiday Gift Set 

The WA mini set looks like such a great deal, @faeriegirl!! 

It does @haleyvvvv !  Their stuff is so expensive it is definitely nice to get them in a value set plus a discount.

@faeriegirl have you tried the HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 070 Fair ... (yeah, I know, wrong shade but you get the idea)?  I don't have it; I only tried a sample that they made for me in store to try.

testing