Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: Whatโ€™s in Your Basket?

2022 Holiday Shopping Advice2022 Holiday Shopping Advice

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! We like to think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting โ€“ and giving! โ€“ unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration. Whether youโ€™re ready to start making a dent in that gift list, or mainly looking to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself, youโ€™ve come to the right place to ask for all the recs, show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisionsโ€ฆ and donโ€™t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! ๐ŸŽโ„

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the โ€œ#โ€ sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: Whatโ€™s in Your Basket?

@Ispend2much6  I was so happy to hear theyโ€™ve returned. When they shut down, I raided a couple of local Sephoras to buy all the bottles/travel tubes of Orris, Leather, and Book I could still find. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Iโ€™ll share my f&f picks here because Iโ€™m not entirely sure about when Iโ€™ll be hauling what. 

The holiday makeup product that has my attention the most is the PATRICK TA Major Headlines Blush & Highlighter Palette Vol II !  I love his blush formula and the colours are so up my alley. 
Iโ€™m not sure what my apartment is like right now but the most damage has been near my apartment collection.  Thereโ€™s a slim chance I have no eyeshadow palettes left in my collection, so Iโ€™m considering splurging on Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette .  If I were to pick, I would always gravitate towards cool tones.  Iโ€™m still considering PATRICK TA Major Dimension Eyeshadow Palette or Natasha Denona Bronze Eyeshadow Palette ##as a contenderโ€” depending on my hair colour!

Iโ€™m going to need to replenish my beautyblender Blendercleanserยฎ Solid Wave Sponge & Brush Cleanser and sponges.  I may not get this from Sephora but Iโ€™m thinking about making the plunge and getting the holiday set from Beauty blender. 

Thereโ€™s a couple of holiday gift sets calling out to me.  I plan on getting Drunk Elephant Drunk Breakโ„ข: Weekend w/ My Baby Kit given the value and so I can finally try out the TLC Sakura Babyfacialโ€”?itโ€™s finally available in Canada!  I also plan on getting K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask & Mini Detox Shampoo Set .  I donโ€™t need shampoo, I just bought a couple of litres, but the price is steep for K18 and I donโ€™t see my salon ever caring this range so itโ€™s the best value.  I needed a new vitamin C so I am looking at Glow Recipe Hey You, Youโ€™re a Bright Light Brightening Set.  

I need to replenish some boring stuff.  Iโ€™ll be grabbing LANEIGE Limited Edition Lip Sleeping Mask and Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Mango Kiss .  Depending on routes, I may finally repurchase Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil 6 oz/ 180 mL 

Honourable mention to two more goodies on my list:  Moroccanoil Perfect Defense Heat Protectant 6 oz/ 225 mL and Dermalogica Daily Milkfoliant Exfoliator 2.6 oz / 74 g

for holiday gifts for others, I can see myself picking up a few Glow Recipe Hey You, You're Dew-ing Great Hydration Kit because itโ€™s cute and Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Mini Kind Words Matte Lip Duo Humble.  

Iโ€™m waiting to see if thereโ€™s a new Lash Stash for holiday. 

I really like the PATRICK TA Major Headlines Blush & Highlighter Palette Vol II @Nickelliebear1 . I used a rouge reward for it and it has been so easy to use.

@Nickelliebear1 @Save your money and do not buy the new PATRICK TA Major Headlines Blush Palette I have it and itโ€™s not that great. 

@SportyGirly125 Do you not like the shades or the formula?  ๐Ÿฅบ. Iโ€™ve seen a couple of reviews on YouTube and it looked fine but I would love to hear your experience! 

@Nahnom I didn't find the blushes patchy or short lasting.  Definitely not his normal formula because I have owned last years holiday palette, the duo blushes and the singles.  The wear test wasn't the issue it was the patience it took to apply it.  I did a look yesterday using it and you couldn't tell on me from my application that it wasn't that great.

@Nickelliebear1 @The shades wasnโ€™t an issue. It was the formula.  Hereโ€™s my mini review on it. 

I have tried PT single blushes as well as his duo blushes so I know what to expect from his brand. Sadly, this palette is nothing like the one from last year or the current singles or blush duos he has. The cream highlighter was easy to apply but the highlighter powder was hard to apply even using my fingers.  It took several attempts for it to show up and left behind more glitter than I would like as a highlighter. The powder blushes had a lot of kick back which I wasnโ€™t use to.  It took patience for me to blend into the skin but did not look patchy. Overall, Iโ€™m sad this isnโ€™t normal PT quality shades.  Even though I got it on sale I would not recommend this product unless the formulation is changed for this holiday palette.

@TeamBIC  Yay holiday savings time is my favourite time of year!!! I already have a long list ready! Canโ€™t wait to see what everyone gets!! 

@TeamBIC   Oh gosh ha, Iโ€™m already accruing a list and itโ€™s been just hours since a pretty decent f&f haul.  
I know for sure Iโ€™ll be adding a couple more of the  Gucci blushes to my collection.  Iโ€™m collecting them like Pokรฉmon.  Theyโ€™re lovely.  Radiant pink is next;) 

By then perhaps Guerlain will have released their holiday meteorites? Theyโ€™re on my Christmas list:). 

Iโ€™m also hoping to get my hands on this years Dior holiday nailpolish- or is it get it on my hands?๐Ÿคญ  

I was also eyeing those buxom gloss sets and chose the Fresh Sugar set over them this last round.

Gucci Luminous Matte Beauty Blush 03 Radiant Pink Dior Dior Vernis Gel Shine and Long Wear Nail Lacquer Junon 494 Buxom The Main Event Plumping Lip Set 

That gucci blush is so pretty, and thanks for reminding me of the guerlain holiday meteorites @heartsmyface ! Going to keep an eye out for those...

@heartsmyface  That blush looks beautiful!

Oooh Iโ€™ve never tried any of their nail polishes @heartsmyface ! That looks interesting 

Omg I forgot that the sale started in October! I just bought the pat mcgrath blush pallet today because her blushes are to die for!!! shoulda waited to use my 20%, will probably pick up more from the celestial nirvana collection if she releases it in time. 

That's a lovely blush palette @AvianRose 

It's sooo pretty!

Ooooooh the dates for the holiday sale! That is big exiting news ๐Ÿ˜ *yay!*

With the F&F sale I have some really exciting goodies on the way ๐Ÿ˜„ including mini sizes of a primer and a setting spray I am testing out. If I like them it would be a great opportunity to grab them in full size. ๐Ÿ’œ

I have the mini size tube of Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kindโ„ข Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL (my second tube) I really want to get this in the full size tub.  It's so what my hair wants. It leaves my hair so soft, shiny and manageable. Yum, even the way it smells.  I really enjoy this one. 

I have been putting off purchasing it for a long time (using up other conditioners and hair masks first)  ๐Ÿ˜… I have to dwindle my collection down before I splurge. 

I will want to restock my hair oil The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density 2 oz/ 60 mL and decided on a face wash fill up.  I have TULA Skincare Mini The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL and they are both getting low.   I really like them both, but I need to figure out which one I want to repurchase over all. 

Also, I do want to wait and see all the gift sets that are coming out, I hope to grab skin care gift sets for Christmas Presents ๐ŸŽ gifts that let you pamper yourself are so fun to give ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Oooh yes, I love the way it smells too @faeriegirl I'm curious to try the Briogeo Superfoods Matcha + Apple Replenishing Shampoo

I think it'll smell so good and pair well with the hair mask ๐Ÿ˜‹

@CynthieLu don't you love it when you use a mini and it convinces you that you NEED the full size?

Yeeeees @CookieGirl1 

I love mini sizes. I feel like it's the best way to try out a brand or product. Oh thou, the feeling when find some thing great, it's priceless ๐Ÿฅฐ

Briogeo does make such great hair masks @CynthieLu !

3 Replies
testing