Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Dyson Supersonic Holiday Set is always a good idea if you're looking to invest:) they only go on sale during the semi annual sales! Definitely the time to buy! Heads up though they go fast!!

This is my basket right now. Definitely not the final one, it'll definitely be trimmed a bit. I will probably grab some of them before. 

Screenshot_20211017-133614_Sephora.jpg

Screenshot_20211017-133628_Sephora.jpg

Screenshot_20211017-133641_Sephora.jpg

Screenshot_20211017-133656_Sephora.jpg

Screenshot_20211017-133719_Sephora.jpg

Spoiler
PAT McGRATH LABS Mini Red Fantasy Lip Set Trio 
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Resting Peach Face Cream Blush & Mini Gloss Bomb Cream Duo 
MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Fever Lip Set Red 
Farmacy Garden Party Green Clean Trio 
FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Glossy Posse: Fantasy 4Sum 4-Piece Gloss Bomb Set 
PAT McGRATH LABS Divine Blush + Glow Trio 
Cheekbone Beauty SUSTAIN Lipstick Aki 
Jack Black Bundle Beard Tamer 
Sephora Favorites Sparkly Clean Makeup Set 
Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Edit Face Palette - Universe 
Farmacy Clean Greens Duo 
Aquis AQUIS Copper Sure ™ Lisse D'Air Turban 
PAT McGRATH LABS Major Mini Lip Trios Divine Rose 
Charlotte Tilbury Cryo-Recovery Lifting Face Mask with Acupressure Technology 

CT!!!!

@haleyvvvv Oh my goodness!  Now this is a list!

@haleyvvvv Yes to your whole list. 😍

@haleyvvvv  Excellent!  The MUFE lipstick formula is really nice.  I never make my basket up this far before a sale because, well, we know that will probably be emptied before then. lol

k

I’m new to the makeup game but an expert at looking young. That fat water is divine! I use it am under my tinted moisturizer, and pm under my nighttime moisturizer. It’s a great buy. Oh and a little goes a long way 

Anything Fenty

These items are definitely on my list:

Natasha Denona Mini Metropolis Palette & Brush Set 

Shiseido Super-Soft, 100% Natural Facial Cotton 165 sheets 

I just know a few more items will fall into my cart as well.  🔮

Oh, thank you for reminding! I totally forgot. I am going to get some the Ordinary products.

@Edelveys I think TO products are usually not included in the coupons.  I checked at Ulta, b/c who doesn't want to save a couple buck (?!), but I think they are excluded there as well.

Definitely wanna get Natasha Denona Retro Eyeshadow Palette and Natasha Denona Contour Sculpting Powder since they dont sell kevyn aucoin anymore I am hoping that is a dupe! Has anyone tried any of these products?

You will LOVE the Retro palette. I took one look at it as soon as they released images and pre-ordered it. I'm a HUGE Natasha Denona fan. Her eyeshadow formula is one of the best, if not the best. But the color story in this palette is just gorgeous and you will love it and gets tons of use!!

fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Skincare Value Set Herbivore Moment to Escape Soft Glow Body Set #Can't wait to grab these sets!

@TeamBIC Due to PPE I'm still not wearing much makeup.  So, I think all I need is another Grace Eleyae Slap cap (can't seem to tag it).  I also bought a Kitsch stain pillowcase at Ulta recently, but have yet to try it.  IDK if I will like it, but I also don't know if it will fit on my memory foam pillow.  Luckily, I discovered this one at Sephora: Kitsch King Satin Pillowcase .

@greeneyedgirl107 which slap cap did you try? The original or the adjustable? I ended up returning the original bc it slid off my hair overnight but idk if it was just user error on my part (I didn't secure it or anything) or if I should get the adjustable one.

@makeitup305 I bought the original and the adjustable.  I preferred the original.  Here's my review:

My hair was getting roughed up at night - especially when I slept in over the weekends. I had tried a silk pillowcase, but wasn't impressed with the one I bought. I tried this, and once I got the hang of it I really liked it. I wake up with my hair smoother than when I go to bed!
To use this, I gather my hair into a loose bun on the top of my hair. Then, I put on the cap. My hair then moves onto the back of my head. I tried it with a French twist, but I wound up with dent marks from the twist. I also read on BIC that pineappling your hair works to keep your hair in place.
I've had good luck with this cap staying in place. If it does come off in the middle of the night, it is easy enough to put back on. I find the elastic on it to be firm enough to hold on, but not so firm as to be uncomfortable.
I'm assuming with time that the cap will loosen, and I am concerned about how it will wash. But the price is so affordable that I don't care if I have to replace it.
I think the only thing I would change would be to have more fun colors (where's the pink?) or prints.

And here's my review for the adjustable:
I didn't like this as much as the original I kept having a hard time getting this on my head at the right spot. The part that is supposed to go at the back (where the ties are hidden) kept getting misaligned onto the side when I put it on. I also found it difficult to guide where I needed it to be because the tag was on the side. (The original one has the tag in the front, so it was easy to position correctly.)
Once I got this cap on, I pulled the strings and I heard a squeaky sound like styro-foam next to my ears. When I laid my head down on my pillow, I heard more squeaking from the heftier cap. This was a total no-go for me.
I prefer the original, but I can see how others would prefer one that is more adjustable. Of course, I was also resistant to the ties because they were hidden in a pocket, and because I was afraid they'd tickle my neck while I sleeping.
I also wish the colors were more fun or that there were prints (like a black and white polka dot or something).

I have the king size ones. 100% recommend. I love the pillowcases. They overall feel a lot better and it does seem to help my hair and ski.  

testing