Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ„Holiday Mystery Friend Gratis๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽŠ

I just received the most wonderful Holiday SURPRISE!

Thank you soooo much Sephora, The BIC Team and @KatieBT, First aid Beauty Herbivore, Kate Somerville, NARS and from the bottom of my heart to my dear friend @tsavorite for nominating meโฃ๏ธโฃ๏ธโฃ๏ธThat was so nice of you to think of me โค๏ธ

Iโ€™m in love with all these new launches of skincare and makeup that I received as gifts!  I canโ€™t wait to try them all out and report back on how wonderful they are.Sephora Holiday Mystery Friend Gratis boxSephora Holiday Mystery Friend Gratis box

An amazing collection of new launches to tryAn amazing collection of new launches to try

Itโ€™s all so BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank You!!!Itโ€™s all so BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank You!!!

First Aid Beauty berriAir Cream: A light moisturizer that provides adaptable hydration to normal, combination and dry skin

Herbivore Emerald Oil: This is a glow inducing blend of cannabis sativa hemp seed oil, squalane and adaptogens to calm and nourish the skin.

Kate Somerville Liquid ExfoliKate: This nightly leave on peel resurfaces and renews while you sleep to reveal smoother and more radiant skin 

NARS Ignited Pallet: This is a limited edition Sephora exclusive eyeshadow palette featuring a lineup of 12 blazing eyeshadows in a versatile range of Matte, Shimmer and Glitter finishes 

Such an Amazing lineup of high quality products!!!

Iโ€™m so very grateful ๐Ÿ’ Many many Thanksโฃ๏ธ

Re: ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ„Holiday Mystery Friend Gratis๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽŠ

@tsavorite  oh yeah I do appreciate having the opportunity to give this a try! Don't get me wrong. I just can't say something is the best or awesome when those aren't my true thoughts on the product. I have to be honest about how I feel about it.

@veronika23 I do find that if you use it like a primer instead of a moisturizer, it has a nice "tack" and helps foundation stick. I've put it ontop of my Algenist Collagen in the morning a few times and its been quite nice and I've had really good foundation days. 

Ohhh good to know! Thanks @GG84! ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23 I was going to leave a review of this as well, but you pretty much said exactly what I was going to. I agree with you on all counts. Itโ€™s nice, but just not quite enough. It might be a better fit in the summer, though 

@jozkidOops sorry! ๐Ÿ˜ž  yeah might be a better fit for summer for sure!

No apologies @veronika23 .... great minds think alike! ๐Ÿ˜†

Hahahaha yes they do @jozkid! ๐Ÿ˜„

@veronika23 Great review/feedback!  I get frustrated when good products come in jars, too!  I just don't get it sometimes!

Thanks @greeneyedgirl107! I don't mind it but this one should definitely be in another type of packaging.

See what I'm talking about ( in my post below )? My FAB BarriAIR face cream is disappearing on me. Turning into what I call a foam dust. Anyone else?

IMG_8952.png

Yes! @lyravega To my surprise thatโ€™s what I got too. What the heck is up with that??? 

I was wondering if that was a product reaction to skin oils from my fingers and that I should try using a spatula to get it out? Or is it the exposure to air thrn they should have packaging like the Dunk Elephant polypeptide cream.

@PaletteAddict99 Yeah, it was quite a surprise, right? Never seen anything like it. As I said in my previous post, I believe it's "just" a delicate nature of the texture of the cream. Every time you expose it to air, which you have to do when you use it, it will start to disintegrate. It should definitely be in some kind of airtight packaging, not in an open jar like this. 

@lyravega,

On the other hand, it's kind of interesting, because it's so unusual.

I open the jar and wonder what it's going to look like today.  Like a living thing.

Mine is still very moist to the touch.  Sometimes it shrinks. Or the foam bubbles have popped?

Inside the top of the box it says, "Like air, this cream is always on the move!  The foam grows and shrinks, but its love for your skin will remain unchanged."

@tsavorite Haha, I love you being so positive about it! ๐Ÿ˜›

It is moist even when just a foam dust... But it's disappearing. Every time I open it, there is less and less of it. I am almost half way through it, and I just used it a few times. I'd be pretty bleeped off if I paid for it. 

@lyravega,

I understand what you are saying!  I actually did buy the jar that I am using, and received the Gratis afterwards.  I still think it's a playful jelly texture, but if it disappears into thin air, that's not good.  

Same here, @lyravega. Itโ€™s kept me from doing more thorough testing: I donโ€™t want to speed up the disappearing act. Since itโ€™s kind of a whipped mousse texture, maybe this stuff shouldโ€™ve come in a mousse spray/pump dispenser. FAB couldโ€™ve at least put some kind of snap-shut seal between the product and jar lid. 

@WinglessOne @itsfi I wanted to leave it for the summer, as it is not enough for my skin right now no matter what I do, what I mix or layer it with ( but there are still some combos/products I need to try it with )... But now I wonder if I do that... Will there be anything left in there by the summer? Smiley Surprised 

I agree, they should have put it in a way better packaging. Airtight something. Anything. Just not a jar like this. 

@lyravega @WinglessOne thatโ€™s what I wanted to do too, set it aside for spring/summer and try it again to see if it would be a better fit for my skin but I didnโ€™t know if thereโ€™d be any product left so I ended up just using it. I agree that airtight packaging would be a better fit for this product.

@lyravega, it happens to my jar too. Iโ€™m almost done with the moisturizer and everytime I open it, Iโ€™m greeted by a layer of foam dust - thatโ€™s a great description for it.

@lyravega Yes! Mine is doing that also! It's the air making contact with it. Very poor package design but I get the visual they were going for. 

@GG84 Very poor packaging for this kind of product, indeed! Yeah, I know, the texture is way too delicate to be exposed to air like that. I just wanted to make sure it's not just me. 

Photos56
  • Itโ€™s all so BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank You!!!
  • An amazing collection of new launches to try
  • g1.PNG
  • g2.PNG
  • g0.PNG
  • 081B2F78-01D9-494D-A34D-3D07B9FF46F2.jpeg
  • DC1F505C-5D9C-4D0D-AB5F-227C0A104C0F.jpeg
  • Sephora Holiday Mystery Friend Gratis box
  • IMG_3632.JPG
  • IMG_3640.JPG
  • Thank YOU Shosh85 for your kindness! This is such a beautiful surprise. I'm so appreciative of your thoughtfulness and thankful for your friendship!
  • C9BA1D0A-46CC-4CEA-B9BC-4EEB3ED08188.jpeg
  • CA0AF5A9-CD09-40CC-9666-7EDB39526732.jpeg
  • 9C52AD7E-82F1-4B38-8AE7-E30A5D7449AA.jpeg
  • NARS Ignited Palette mattes, shimmers & glitters
testing