Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022 Holiday Shopping Advice2022 Holiday Shopping Advice

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! We like to think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration. Whether you’re ready to start making a dent in that gift list, or mainly looking to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself, you’ve come to the right place to ask for all the recs, show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! 🎁

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@TeamBIC I just tried to purchase LANEIGE Midnight Minis Lip Sleeping Mask Set but I guess it's not released yet.  I want to get it for my friend's birthday.  

Sephora Favorites Sephora Favorites Hello!— Beauty Game Changers Set B are always fun when I want to give a small New Year's gift.  Or, if someone gives me a nicer gift than I gave them, I do a little add-on.  Also good for Friends-giving.

Something like SC Multi-Use Face Powders (can't seem to tag it) would be a good idea for when I need to create stocking stuffers for my dad to give to my sister.

And advent calendars!!!  FORVR Mood Holiday Candle Advent Calendar seems nice!

I'll have to add more when others come to mind!

That candle set looks great @greeneyedgirl107 !

That candle set does look fun @greeneyedgirl107 ! I was really hoping Sephora was going to do the Sephora favorites candle set again! 

@Kim888 I know!!!

@greeneyedgirl107 

Ooooh Advent Calendars are so fun!  

@CynthieLu I know!  I gifted two of them years ago and thought it was the best thing ever.  However, my sister and friend were kinda underwhelmed.   😕

I know that feeling @greeneyedgirl107 

You try to get a nice gift for someone but it dosen't hit with them.  I have quite a few sisters 😅 one or two can be a challenge.

Have you seen CT's 12 day advent calendar? I'm not getting it, but it's sooo good looking lol.  I wish they didn't have to say what's in it.  I know they do,  but who dosen't love a good surprise? 

@CynthieLu it's really frustrating when gifts don't hit, but I guess I've done that to people as well. Having multiple sisters must be a real challenge!  Of course, i love gifting so I think I'd be up for it!

I have not seen CT's advent calendar.  I must check it out.  With them bring so popular it would be wise to get them now.  I agree that part of the fun is in the not knowing,  tho!  I'd hoped after me gifting advent calendars I'd be on the receiving end, but no such luck.  

@greeneyedgirl107 it was on CTs website,  it's full out luxe 🤩 it will live in my purchasing dreams lol

Thanks for sharing the info on the sale @TeamBIC !!! 

I did pick up most of the stuff I need to replenish during the FF sale, but I am thinking of buying the Farmacy Honey Haven Hydration Bestsellers Set as a gift for a friend and I may get one of the Gucci Luminous Matte Beauty Blush ! I’m trying to get through what I have but so many people are raving about those ! 

That blush looks beautiful @Kim888!  I keep telling myself I don’t need anymore blush, but I keep on buying them😂

@Kim888 that set would make a lovely gift 🎁 

Good picks, @Kim888! I'm patiently waiting for the shade of the Gucci blush I want to come back in stock so I can put that on my list as well! Do you know which shade you're most interested in? 

@quspork @I’m not sure if I want rose beige or Radiant pink! I love the look of silky rose online, but I did swatch in store and it looks quite chalky on me in real life ! 

which are you waiting for?

@Kim888 The Rosy Beige- which just came back in stock haha! I'm still kinda debating about the bright coral as well since coral shades usually do nicely on me in the summer. That's good to know about the silky rose- no one needs a chalky-looking blush!

@quspork I'm sure it would be nice on someone fairer like in the photo but it did not look right on my olive-y light/medium skin 

1,590 Replies
testing