Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022 Holiday Shopping Advice2022 Holiday Shopping Advice

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! We like to think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration. Whether you’re ready to start making a dent in that gift list, or mainly looking to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself, you’ve come to the right place to ask for all the recs, show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! 🎁

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

#Glow recipe

A lot of viral thingsss💄🔛🔝

You should do summer fridays it is amazing I have the lip butter balm and oh it’s so good

Glow recipe stuff!!!

I'm definitely looking to get the Summer Fridays lip balm set! It's such a great price and you get to try three full size products which is such a steal 🙂

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! This festive season, I've got my eye on the powder brush, and I'm super excited about the potential deals and steals. I can't wait to see all your fantastic recommendations and share the joy of unboxings, swatches, and more! Let's make this holiday season extra beautiful. 

oh hi i just wanted to say i love hauls and vids there so much fun to make 

omg me too they are just so amazing

Here are some popular items that people often include in their holiday shopping baskets:

1. Gifts for Loved Ones: Consider the interests, hobbies, and preferences of your family and friends. Personalized gifts, such as customized jewelry, engraved items, or photo albums, can be meaningful and special. Additionally, popular gift options include electronics, books, clothing, beauty products, and home decor items.
  2. Holiday Decorations: Spruce up your home with festive decorations such as Christmas lights, ornaments, wreaths, and holiday-themed tableware. Adding a touch of holiday spirit to your surroundings can create a warm and joyful atmosphere.
  3. Seasonal Treats: Fill your basket with delicious goodies and treats. Think of traditional holiday snacks like cookies, chocolates, nuts, and candies. You can also consider gourmet food baskets or specialty items like hot cocoa mix, flavored coffee, or unique holiday-themed snacks.
  4. Electronics and Gadgets: Technology gifts are always popular. Look for the latest smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, gaming consoles, or audio devices. Consider the preferences and needs of the recipients to find the most suitable options.
  5. Subscription Services: Subscription boxes or services have gained popularity in recent years. They offer a wide range of options, including beauty and grooming products, gourmet foods, books, clothing, and even pet supplies. Subscriptions can make for exciting and ongoing gifts that keep on giving throughout the year.
  6. Wellness and Self-Care Products: Help your loved ones relax and take care of themselves by including items like scented candles, bath bombs, essential oils, skincare sets, or fitness accessories. These gifts promote well-being and self-care, which are especially important during the holiday season.

I think it's pretty but I really wish it had more depth.  The swatches that I've seen on IG as well as Jena's video just left me wanting a little more.

The only thing I bought was TOM FORD Gloss Luxe Lip Gloss 10 Love Lust because it was on sale.  I also ordered TOM FORD Gloss Luxe Lip Gloss 06 Ravish because it is also on sale and I really like the formula.

Re: Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket? (Updated 12/1)

Between the F&F sale and the annual fall/winter sale that was 20% off for Rouge I'm kinda shopped out at this point with Christmas and everything 😅. So I only picked up one thing a MAKE UP FOR EVER Buffing Foundation Brush 112 . I'm having such a hard time with my base right now with my dry skin it's driving me nuts! If it's not streaky foundation it's dry patches or pilling of some sort or it just looks down right like pancake yuck! I have so many products to try and nail down a system that works it's not even funny. I guess it doesn't help that I've gone makeup free for about 85% of the time these last 3 years lol. Practice, practice, practice and get back up on that horse again. It's like I've forgotten all my tips and tricks - I'm sure long Covid isn't helping me

I feel like I could have written this post. I have so many foundations, primers and skin tints and I am always  trying to find the best combo for my dry skin that looks patchy after I put skin care and make up on. No matter what concealer I try and I have several, all I see is it settling in my lines under my eyes. I try different eye creams to hydrate under my eyes but it is not helping.

I really like the sunny days tinted sunscreen from tower 28. It’s decent coverage and goes on really nicely. I also really like the make up for ever HD skin with their hydra primer. I also had good luck with the Lancôme Ultra wear foundation with La base primer. 

good luck!! 

oh my gosh girl it's me Marie Tina u look amazingly beautiful like always but in this pic we should have been side by side looking like sexii in our 20 young women... What what. .  Love u girlie. kisses love me 💋

@niki172  I am sorry you are dealing with long Covid.  And you are right. It changes things.  But I am going to have confidence that you are going to hit on the right combo for you.  And it may be something different from what you have used in the past. Your tips and tricks are still there for you to use. 🥰

@Cissy63 thank you very much. I *may* be dealing with Covid rebound (yay so much fun!). I spiked a fever and I feel like the fog lifted a little bit tonight as I only had to search for one word (man that's sad that I see that as a win lol). Having Fibromyalgia I thought long Covid would be just like that as I'm used to fatigue, but having to deal with cognitive issues and things such as spelling words backwards while typing is extremely frustrating to me.

I hope you're feeling better now, @niki172💗

I like Make Up For Ever brushes, @niki172! I bought the powder brush last sale.

That's great to hear, Make Up For Ever brushes are known for their quality and performance. The powder brush is a popular choice, especially during sales when you can get a good deal. It's always satisfying to find a product on www.stumbleguysmodapk.pro that meets your expectations and delivers excellent results. 

@curlychiquita that's good to know! I've eyed their powder brushes in the past but they're always sold out. This brush came highly recommended so fingers crossed.

1 Reply
testing