Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022 Holiday Shopping Advice2022 Holiday Shopping Advice

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! We like to think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration. Whether you’re ready to start making a dent in that gift list, or mainly looking to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself, you’ve come to the right place to ask for all the recs, show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! 🎁

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket? (Updated 12/1)

@TeamBIC I had no idea about the 20% off sale tomorrow.  I need some time to think!  IDK if I should splurge on MAKEUP BY MARIO Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette (whoops - it's still OOS!) or just try something simple like SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultimate Gel Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil for 30% off.

What about both @greeneyedgirl107 ? 😁

@Saradestin That's usually my philosophy!!!

@greeneyedgirl107 I have been eyeing that pallette. I really want it but i still have so many other pallettes that I have not used yet. 

I cant wait to hear about your experience with it. I hope you enjoy it. It really looks beautiful.

Both! I just got the MAKEUP BY MARIO Ethereal Eyes Eyeshadow Palette  and I know it has some mixed reviews but I really love Mario products and this palette is all the things to me. I am no makeup guru or influencer by far and with this just playing in it a bit yesterday it was like I was able to effortlessly enhance my eyes without looking overly made up or clowny! I also love the SEPHORA COLLECTION Glide Liners a lot! Happy Shopping! 🤗

I think Mario I've heard AMAZING things about it 🎉

Re: Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket? (Updated 11/8)

I’m not sure which cologne to get for my 16 year old son either Gucci Guilty Black Pour Homme or Gucci Guilty Pour Homme ? They both smell great it is sooooo hard to choose?? 🤓💝

He will be so happy with either of them @vracer ! 😃

That's a tough choice @vracer 

Hey beauty insider🥰, Gucci guilty black pour homme is definitely my favorite! I bought it for my brother and he gets compliments all the time and he loves it. Perfect for your young gentleman!

@melanahii good to know!!! I’m looking for a new cologne for my husband for Christmas. Thanks for sharing this!!

I missed Mon Guerlain for myself, which was on sale for $40🤦🏽‍♀️

I'm dying to get my hands on some new stuff this season!! I'm eager to try the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint and anything from Rare Beauty, I've heard much praise for their liquid blushes so I'd love to try the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Happy  

I'm looking for a good moisturizer for the winter months, my face gets so dried out this time of year especially my cheeks and forehead- my nose is the only section that actually stays oily year round. Any good suggestions? Happy holiday shopping everyone!

That’s awesome @JWLZ24 ! Sadly I haven’t been able to make any liquid blush to work for me, but they look so beautiful 

@JWLZ24 I really like the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Happy . Such a pretty colour. Super pigmented. A little goes a long way. My suggestion is to work fast with it. 

@JWLZ24  I found these 2 moisturizers to be very good

TULA Skincare 24-7 Moisture Hydrating Day & Night Cream  or

Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream 1 oz / 28 g 

These serums help to,

Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 

The INKEY List Ceramide Hydrating Night Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Everyone's skin is different, finding what works for you takes time 🙂 I hope this helps 💗

@JWLZ24  Those blushes are lovely!!!  I haven’t had a chance to try the skin tint yet but it looks promising. 

I ordered the Christophe Robin Purifying Detox Holiday Set .  I like the scrub and have been wanting to try the shampoo and conditioner. This set is on sale, so it is like getting the scrub for 37.10 (normally $53) and the shampoo and conditioner for free.

Such a great deal @Mel231 ! 

@Mel231 Great choice. I really enjoyed the christophe robin detox scrub. It really left my scalp feeling clean and I have an oily scalp that gets a lot of build up.

@Mel231  This set looks very appealing!  I’m torn between this and my HG Briogeo charcoal shampoo but i do need to replenish a clarifying product.  

@Mel231 that's an amazing deal. I have two brushes from this brand, love it!

testing