Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022 Holiday Shopping Advice2022 Holiday Shopping Advice

Happy holidays, Beauty Insider Community! We like to think of this thread as your ultimate resource for getting – and giving! – unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration. Whether you’re ready to start making a dent in that gift list, or mainly looking to scoop up a few beauty steals for yourself, you’ve come to the right place to ask for all the recs, show off your shopping haul, get help making those hard purchase decisions… and don’t forget to share all your glorious unboxings, swatches, and more! 🎁

Reply below and let us know: What products are you eyeing to buy this holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Congrats on being Rouge! These are a great selection of makeup and skincare😍 @GiaMaria 

I see a lot of goodies (some personal faves), so hopefully you feel more pumped and not concerned. @GiaMaria 

Lol yes I’m definitely leaning more pumped right now, it’s always fun to have a Sephora box to look forward too! What are your faves?

@GiaMaria @Congrats on your Rouge status. 

I want to remind anyone who can not locate items either on line or at your local Sephora store to try Sephora at Kohl’s where I have found some unicorns including the original Farmacy Honey Mask not the reformulated version. At the moment there is a $25.00 minimum purchase for free shipping.

A huge thank you to @LaurieBT for helping me to link both my Sephora and Kohl’s account to take advantage of the sale.

For those interested that aren’t on IG, Natasha Denona’s Retro Glam will be available on 11/7 (last day of the sale) on the Sephora App. I’m definitely picking this up!

50F9F709-7AD0-4D02-A119-13E827686647.png

Have you all seen the Mel Thompson take on this palette at Sydney Grace cosmetics. I think it is prettier and much cheaper. Mel actually did it before ND did .lol the Sydney Grace formula so good.

Regards:
https://knifeplatoon.com

This looks pretty, @makeitup305.  Thanks for letting us know!

Great plan, @makeitup305 !  Thanks for reminding us! 

@makeitup305 I think it's pretty but I really wish it had more depth.  The swatches that I've seen on IG as well as Jena's video just left me wanting a little more 🤔.

@CookieGirl1 that’s a fair assessment. I might switch some shades around with my other midis, which you shouldn’t have to do for such an expensive palette. I appreciate the lighter shades since I do want to switch shadows around and she never has light enough transition shades for my taste but a deeper brown, grey or green would not have been amiss.

@makeitup305 I think if there was one more deep green in there I'd be a little more sold on it.  I love all of the light greens, though!  I'm so into green eyeshadow right now.

@CookieGirl1 every brand seems to have hopped on the green shadow trend this years, there’s so many good options!

@makeitup305 I'm not mad about it! 

@CookieGirl1 me either ! It used to be so hard to find green eyeshadow! The first palette I remember that was trendy and had lots of greens was ABH Subculture which had so many issues. These past few years olives have really been popular, I think because people realized they can be quite “neutral”and wearable for every day.

I pulled the trigger again and got a few more needs and restocks.

I love the sephora collection, it's honestly one of the reasons I shop Sephora. Most items are well priced and good quality! I got the SEPHORA COLLECTION Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover  and The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL to try to use as cuticle oil. I was going get the L'Octaine one but I had a hard time justifying spending that much on it. I hope this will work. I also got the SEPHORA COLLECTION Wishing You Rescue Set which is an amazing deal! This is the second set like this I got and now am stocked on skin care for the year for less then $30. It's totally possible to do Sephora on a budget! The other set I got was SEPHORA COLLECTION Wishing You Face Skincare Set which was $12 in total. Best deals on Sephora! 

You are right @UnicornGirl !  Sephora Collection’s have terrific products 💕

@UnicornGirl those are great choices!  You might as well restock while you can get them on sale 🙂

Those are amazing deals @UnicornGirl way to go!

I agree, the Sephora Collection sets are fantastic, @UnicornGirl

testing