Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Code is already live

I’m looking forward to stocking up on my favourite bubble bath, which is finally back in stock after a very, very long time 🤣

fresh Rice Sake Bath 13.5 oz/ 400 mL 

Other than that, I might pick up TOM FORD Ébène Fumé Eau de Parfum Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  because I love a good woody, incense driven scent.

@Mochapj That bubble bath looks divine!

It really is, @lnum 

I'm not sure why, but it's been out of stock for over a year. Alas, I jinxed myself by posting before the sale started; when I went to order yesterday morning, it was already sold out 😭

@Mochapj Oh no!!!! It’s still in stock on the US site and I checked the Fresh website I do see it there too. 

Moisturizer for dry mature skin!!!!

My mom (50+y/o) has super dry and sensitive skin. She typically only washes her face with water, applies toner and face lotion. She has been using the pink jar Clinique moisturizer for years, but her face is still very dry.

Any suggestions of other face moisturizers to try? 

Thank you in advance ☺ ❤

i really recommend the Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer it feels so nice on the skin and smells great ( but not a strong smell). 

I'm 48 with dry skin too! 

For a day moisturizer, my current favourite is Skinfix The More the Barrier+ Holiday Kit: Best of Skinfix 

I also like the OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rush™ Brightening Double Crème 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

For night, the one I've used for a couple years and recommend to EVERYONE is Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml 

Also get a good hyaluronic serum and ALWAYS apply on damp skin, let dry and then apply moisturizer. I use #glow recipe Plum plump or Vichy 89.

Hii I reccomend the LANEIGE Water Bank Moisture Cream 1.6 oz/ 50 mL  or the LANEIGE Water Bank Moisture Cream Intensive 1.6 oz/ 50 mL #. It's a very thick cream I have eczema and it works perfectly. My skin is also very sensitive and it doesn't bother me at all. I hope this helps💕

@ajrubicon - I suggest a kit such as Tatcha Dewy Cleanse + Hydrate .  It contains a cleanser and moisturizer.  Washing with water doesn't remove the day's buildup.  Try a cleanser once a day along with a moisturizer.

I would add in a serum and/or a night serum/cream. I love Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost products. 
Hydro Boost Hydrating Serum under the Clinique moisturizer or Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Water Gel or Gel Cream.  

#OMG. Gotta have this: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Night Pressed Serum

Right now I’m looking at: 

Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer White  so I can buy the flyaway attachment 

Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray Jumbo Refill 16 oz/ 480 mL  since I use it every day!!

@ather @I recently got a mini of that spray and I really like it !!! 

I will definitely be curious about the fly away attachment. I’m still trying to figure out how to really optimally use the comb attachment so I’m a bit skeptical of the attachments now 

@Kim888  Do you have the air wrap or the hair dryer? 

I also have the air wrap I love the brush attachments and the round brush. It’s all I ever use! 

@ather @I have the hair dryer! I got the Dyson Supersonic™ Wide-tooth Comb Attachment because I thought it would be sort of like one of those drying brushes but the magnet isn’t strong enough to hold it in while I brush through wet hair 

@Kim888  Oh I never seen that one before. Interesting. I’m not sure how you could make that work better. 

I have quite the list that I need to pare down badly 😅 but this is what I have so far. It also doesn't help looking through other people's lists on here and thinking "wow I have to get that as well!" I mean what kind of a community would we be if we didn't enable one another right??? Some of these are restock items (mostly skincare and I get the Slip ornament every year) but the majority are new to me:

HUDA BEAUTY Rose Quartz Eyeshadow Palette Dior Dior Forever Couture Luminizer Highlighter Powder 02 Pink Glow Dior Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss Plum Slip Slip Skinny Scrunchies Twilight Bauble Summer Fridays Heavenly Sixteen All-In-One Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Red Camellia Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Nudegasm Bronze, Sculpt & Glow Face Palette fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner Guerlain Rouge G Refillable Lipstick N°35 Gold Brick fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Natasha Denona Mini Metropolis Palette & Brush Set

Natasha Denona Glam Face & Eye Palette Light 

@niki172 - Great list and thanks for enabling!  I just added the ND face palette to my Loves list.  (The Metropolis palette is already in my cart.)

@Titian06 I'm sorry! I saw someone posted the Tatcha lip balm (after Tatcha said it was going to be on their site only) so that got me looking on IG to see what I could find.

Now that’s a gooood list @niki172 ! 🥰

@Sunnysmom noooo that's trouble 🤣. Seriously though it does need to come down a bit as it's a lot and I'm sure my first order will not be my last.

448 Replies
testing