Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@TeamBIC I swore no more eye shadows for the rest of the year.....😜

Melt Cosmetics Amor y Mariposas Pressed Pigment Eyeshadow Palette Valentino Dreamdust Glitter Eyeshadow 

And the one restock item as my wallet is about to burst from all the other holiday spending I did:

Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL 

man this year has been expensive but I have so many pretties to play with!

@TeamBIC I couldn't find the Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment anywhere near me since it's being discontinued but my dad was a sweetheart and found it at a Sephora by his house (in a different state). He even asked me how many I wanted so I wouldn't be without. He was so happy when he got to use a discount, too.

Aw, that was so sweet of your dad ❤️🥰 @makeitup305 

@makeitup305  I love that! Can he pick one up for me too? 😂

Your Dad is so sweet, @makeitup305

That is so sweet @makeitup305!❤️

@makeitup305 that was so sweet of your Dad. 

That's so precious @makeitup305 , how thoughtful of you Dad!

Oh man, I’ve been waiting patiently for these, but shipping delays! It said Friday and I thought I’d have it this weekend to celebrate finishing a big meeting for work Saturday. Initially,I  wasn’t expecting til Monday, but then got excited by the almost here mail, followed by sad, lol. 

KILIAN Paris Angels Share Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

Melt Cosmetics Amor y Mariposas Pressed Pigment Eyeshadow Palette 

I have a dyson airwrap but I’m debating ordering the blow dryer and/or the straightener. Any thoughts?!? I can’t decide which one I’d prefer or get the most use out of! 

@Achickadee03 I purchased the blow dryer. It is expensive but I am very happy with it. Check out my review if you would like!

@TeamBIC I was able to pick up a few great items and use the discount Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Tatcha Dewy Cleanse + Hydrate Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb These were all restock so it was great to receive a discount

The #Youth To The People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser is my absolute fave! I recently tried the #Youth to the People Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream & it's wonderful too! (Sorry! Idk why it didn't tag it! Tagged below tho! 🙁) Worth a try if you need a moisturizer. I'd never had a big breakout from a skincare product before but did after trying It! Confidence in a Cream And I broke out like crazy! Sadly it was too late to return it by the time I made sure it was the culprit! 😭The Youth to the People Air-Whip Moisture Cream is exactly what it says! It's light but feels super good going on & you know it's loaded with super foods! I totally recommend both Youth to the People products!! 

Okay, so I maybe spent wayyyy too much time making my first ever reel/tik tok (I’ve been an avid non-TikToker for years) 🤣 but here are the fruits of my labour:

This Malin+Goetz set is a gift I got my grandpa. I kind of wish I got two because it smells so good and who doesn’t need some hand soap and lotion these days??

IMG_5469.PNG

IMG_5468.PNG

PMG Divine Romance lipstick has been out for a while now, but I finally got it and swatched it! I’ve been really into the blotted lip look lately due to mask-wearing. I think this shade would look so beautiful blotted on the center of the lips! Chef’s kiss!👌🏼

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

Swatched in natural daylight (no filter)

Briogeo Honey Hydration Don’t Despair Repair Hair Kit is such a crowd pleaser, especially with the adorable teddy bear bottle! I hope they continue to make this an annual offering!

IMG_5462.PNG
That’s all I got for the sale so far, but who knows? Maybe I’ll slip one more in tomorrow! I kind of want the Nudestix cheek balm 100 point perk 😅

So fun @Guessgal ! Is the lip this intense or just the pic on my screen maybe?! I thought it was quite a bit lighter but this looks so gorgeous! I’ve skipped over it clearly if so! Thanks for swatch. Love that little bear too. Great giftie idea! 🥰 

@Sunnysmom I was thinking the same thing when I read your comment last week and finally found some time today to do some lip swatches to find out! It’s actually pretty dark in the tube like the pic I initially posted above, but the tone does alter a bit on my lips depending on lighting. It’s significantly lighter in sunlight and leans more rich fuchsia (although I think the sun will have this effect on most colours). When the clouds rollover, it’s a deeper berry. It is also on the darker end of the spectrum in warm, lightbulb lighting… not sure if this is helpful… I know it got a lot of negative reviews since the official PMG photos depicted it a lot lighter than it actually was. It was also these reviews that led me to purchase it bc I appreciate the darker colour 🤣 hahaha

2403E58A-B2DD-4DC1-AAB3-295911863A20.jpeg

PMG Divine Romance in sunlight 

C57C046A-2E80-4F53-A488-917AAC86FECA.jpeg

PMG Divine Romance in cloudy cover

9A53584E-CAE2-4996-8634-A96AD65DAFB3.jpeg

PMG Divine Romance in warm/lightbulb lighting

That's a Fabulous berry shade! Berry is so flattering. Rather similar to (d/c'd) 'Sorry not Sorry' LuxeTrance. PMG l.s. are quite pigmented, as well they should. 

Beautiful! 💕💗💕 @Guessgal 

Well first of all my goodness @Guessgal your lips and you and your pic are truly gorgeous! 🥰 I love the looks of it too and the dark factor would lead me to definitely buy it! Ha. Funny others wanted it lighter! Sometimes these feel a little dry on me so I would have to use a balm under if so maybe. Do u find that. Doesn’t look it from your pic tho. 😊 What you said totally makes sense and you’re so sweet to show me, thank you! 😘 (Oh and p.s. I named a bespoke Bite lippie ‘Chef’s Kiss’! ☺️)

Aww thank you @Sunnysmom @sister13 ! 
The lipstick has a weightless, barely there feeling that some mattes have, but I wouldn’t consider it drying. My lips didn’t crack after wearing it for a good 7hrs so I’m pleased. I get what you mean though, as it doesn’t have the smooth slip of a cream lipstick. 

I love the name you chose for the Bite lippie! So fitting for a custom name 💛

448 Replies
testing