Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

I have a TikTok account but have no idea how to make a video! ‌😂‌ Any tips on how to use the app?! Its probably bc Im hella old (turned 40 in July! Yikes!)!! I'm @baseball_jen21 on TikTok! Any advice from anyone who gets how to use it - message me & lmk! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Happy Holidays to you all! 🎉

Hey @BaseballJen, just followed you on IG & TikTok (I’m @ coralista.meesta). TikTok lets you upload pre-recorded videos to their platform. I just selected a sound bite I wanted to use from Sephora and layered it on top of an IG video I had taken previously. I’m still pretty new to the platform so I’ll tag @Tamara76 in case she has more tips 😊

Natasha Denona Glam Face & Eye Palette Dark 

This is my fave item from the sale.  It's such a nicely curated palette.  Perfect for those who love nudes 😂😉, but also a great palette for glam/everyday.  It works well with a lot of her other palettes.  I know it went OOS, but I would try to BOPIS this one.

Also picked up these beauties earlier for the fall sale Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Resting Peach Face Cream Blush & Mini Gloss Bomb Cream Duo , FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Glossy Posse: Fantasy 4Sum 4-Piece Gloss Bomb Set .  I'm loving peach pout at this moment, so comfortable on the lips.

Might pick up Danessa Myricks Beauty Twin Flames Liquid Eyeshadow .  Just got two of them, now I'm hooked.  The shifts are cool and I've blended them out well with other palettes, but they stand up well on their own.

I did some damage but I had a gift card plus the sale to justify it. I finally went for Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Easy Eyeshadow Palette PAT McGRATH LABS Divine Blush + Glow Trio PAT McGRATH LABS Major Mini Lip Trios Divine Rose.  I can not wait for my order. I know I love CT and ND formulas and really looking forward to trying out some Pat McGrath. 

I love shopping 🛍!!! @TeamBIC  I’ve got some perfumes and MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL  which is my all time fave 

I also want to try the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml 

Can The 20% be used in store also or is it only online??

@EstherMM you can use online

@EstherMM It can be used online or in store but only once.

@Margalee the lipsticks look beautiful!

Oooh, lovely choices! Enjoy those lippies! @Margalee 

Yes, good thing you didn't miss this thread @Margalee ! Always a good time to pick up a luxury lip product or two, hurts the bank account less 🤣

@Margalee Ooooh you have great taste in lipstick! 

I bought my bestie the Nécessaire The Body Ritual kit!

Nice gift! @digopheliadug 

Ahh your bestie is going to love this @digopheliadug 😍 Great choice!

What a thoughtful gift, @digopheliadug 😀

NOTHING!  Because I did a "pick up in store" order, the items went out of stock and I can't use the promo code again.  Lesson learned - DO NOT USE the single use codes this way in the future! 🙄

I also did this same thing and my items went out of stock in the store! I cancelled my remaining pick up order and chatted with customer service online.  Once my online basket was ready they placed the order for me and applied the 20% off coupon! Super smooth and easy process! Hope this helps!

Oh no @shoppingprincess 😞  Sorry about this, I agree with @shoppingprincess . Give customer service a try! 

Thanks for the suggestion!  But I did online chat with customer service, unfortunately they just told me to cancel the rest of the order (which was Sephora Collection) and that's it.  I really don't beg a company to spend money with them.  I just learned a decent lesson about these codes, hope others take note too!  Thanks for your response 🙂

testing