Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@Darkmonks Tata Harper make up remover is one my favorite splurges for cleansers! Enjoy!

Went back for another round but this may not be it @TeamBIC :

Danessa Myricks Beauty Twin Flames Liquid Eyeshadow Soulmate OLEHENRIKSEN Find Your Balance™ Oil Control Cleanser 2 oz/ 60 mL (for the hubby) HUDA BEAUTY Rose Quartz Eyeshadow Palette (can't remember if I mentioned this one or not).

I think I have one more go around that I'll do. I was hoping that the new quads from Pat Mcgrath would drop and some things would come back in stock. Fingers crossed this happens.

The Danessa Myricks eyeshadow looks like it will be stunning, @niki172!

@curlychiquita I watched a lot of youtube and IG tutorials and the shift on this one is amazing!

I got this over the weekend! 

Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Highlighter 10 Organza Or 

Mixed reviews, but looks so pretty! @TeamBIC 

This looks beautiful, @sister13!

I need to post some swatches! I tapped out a tiny bit and applied with my highlighter brush, and it was a killer highlight! @curlychiquita The reviews were mixed and complaints about the size for the price, but it’s really pretty! 

@TeamBIC I bought Guerlain Météorites Illuminating Powder Pearls Gold Pearls 

@SportyGirly125 All of the demos that I've seen with the gold version look stunning.

@CookieGirl1 Good to know.  Thank you!  I have never bought before it but wanted to see what the hype was about.

Got the PAT McGRATH LABS MTHRSHP MEGA: CELESTIAL ODYSSEY Eyeshadow Palette 

Also got the Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

@idanyd I got the PAT McGRATH LABS MTHRSHP MEGA: CELESTIAL ODYSSEY Eyeshadow Palette too and it's so pretty that I haven't even been able to swatch it yet, lol.  I love how palettes look when they're brand new :).

@CookieGirl1 Beautiful shades in the palette.  

@tjffc they ARE really pretty 🙂

Yes!!! Same!!! @CookieGirl1 

I treated myself to Pat McGrath this holiday season. I got the PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Foundation, the PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick in Executive Realness, and the PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Skin Highlighting Trio. I am so excited to get them!!! Pat McGrath products are really a treat. I’ve been meaning to try this foundation for FOREVER, so I was really excited to use my discount on it.

Considering picking up a couple more items…

8E3D4BE1-AFA6-417D-A31F-C6AE5FFD20C9.jpeg

I have used and really enjoyed the bareMinerals Skinlongevity Long Life Herb Anti-Aging Face Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL in the past and may re-introduce it to my day time routine. If I remember correctly, it sort of disappeared for a period of time and came back? But I think this will help fill a gap in my current skin care needs. 

While I do really love the results I’ve gotten from Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL I also feel like I’ll really only use it every two weeks since it is so strong, so I’m not quite ready to justify a full size yet and I don’t want to leave wasted product for a price like this. So I’m going with the mini to see how long it takes me to use that up. Like and follow for more money saving tips. 

I’ve been looking forward to this! I’m grabbing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil and a Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel Flexible Medium-Hold Eyebrow Setter Clear! These are staples for me (: 

I also want a new mascara but I’m not sure what to go for, torn between Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Mini Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara Black and the Bite Beauty Upswing Full Volume Mascara 0.4 oz / 12mL 

@bakeamuffin Good to see you posting!

@bakeamuffin I haven’t tried either of those to mascaras so I can’t help you make a decision between those but I my all time favorite mascara is CLINIQUE High Impact Mascara. I used to consider myself a mascara junky and had probably 20 tubes at a time, but I’ve found nothing better than good ol basic Clinique haha. 

1 Reply
testing