Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Holiday 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread2021 Holiday Shopping Advice Thread

The holidays are here! Consider this thread your go-to destination for getting (or giving) unbiased shopping advice for all your gifting needs and winter basket-building inspiration! Maybe you’re eager to get started on that gift list and are looking for the perfect presents, or maybe you’re just looking to #treatyourself – either way, don’t be shy! Community’s the place to ask for recommendations, tell us your favorite deals, show off your haul… and don’t forget to share those basket screenshots, swatches, and unboxings. 🎁

Reply below and tell us everything: What are you adding to your basket during the holiday season? Be sure to tag any products you mention using the “#” sign!

Re: Holiday Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Had to stock up on all my favorite Fresh products! The fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner is one of my absolute holy grail toners and the fresh Rose & Squalane Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum 100 mL is AMAZING for these New England winters. I decided to test out some new makeup and got theDior Diorshow Iconic Mascara as well as the Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Lip Jelly Non-Sticky Gloss

@jdc8 Have you tried fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence? That is one of my absolute favorite Fresh products. I got it as a sample in an order and don’t always try random samples I’m not initially overly interested in (I just simply hadn’t really seen it/known about it), but became obsessed with the results and have repurchased it at least twice now! 

Yes! I can’t be without this! I started using this when Sephora stopped carrying the May Coop Raw Sauce. 

@alexasteph Ooo what results do you see with the Kombucha essence? Do you see more of a glow in your skin after adding this to your skincare regimen?

@Guessgal Yeah definitely a glow and just an overall smoothing of the skin. I never really used an essence step in my routine, and I added it after toning. I think it just sort of gave my skin that little extra something the skincare wasn’t quite achieving. 

Haven’t tried it yet but definitely will!! I’ve heard many great things!

As a Rouge Member I get so excited about what I'm going to get.  Last week Friday, and yesterday I did by some good stuff. On the very first day of the sales event (11/5) I went to my local Sephora and bought SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Love Bloom Eyeshadow Palette Dahlia , then on Wednesday (11/10) I bought Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Liquid Touch Brightening Concealer (500 N) and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Flyliner Longwear Liquid Eyeliner (Cuz I'm Black). On the last day of the event I'm still undecided on what I want to buy. I'm happy with the stuff that I recently bought and I think you all should give them a try.  And here's what's in my basket:

HeatherAriana_0-1636666595301.png

@TeamBIC 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Holy Sheet! (In stores Only)

BEST GIFT EVER!! Also- Super easy to spit apart and give to multiple loved ones!!

Olaplex Healthy Hair Essentials  GREAT for anyone that is looking to repair any damage to their hair!

Wow, I really thought this wouldn't sell out😮. Good thing I could place an instore pickup!

20211110_181741.gif

beautyblender Beautyblender® Loaded Sundae Makeup Sponge Set 

This one, I want in my hands now and didnt want to pay higher taxes to get it shipped to me.

20211110_182023.gif

LAWLESS Mini Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Trio 

So it continues and here are a few more that are on their way to me

Fable & Mane HoliRoots™ Healthy Hair Ritual Holiday Gift Set 

#sephora collection retractable brow pencil

NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation 

Hi! i have a question...im trying to place my order but when i put the promo code "YAYHOLIDAY" it shows me a message that says that the promo code has not started. 

LourdesMichelle_0-1636469226866.png

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advanced for the help!

It is because may be you are insider not viv and rogue. So for insider it will start on Thursday 

Thanks You so much!! @Kim888 @Sweety94 !

@LourdesMichelle @What is your Sephora status? Rouge and Vib should be able to shop now but insiders need to wait and it won’t be active yet for them. 

I did see on Reddit that some people were having a bit of a glitch with their status so if you are VIB and it’s still not working, I’d give it until after 9am pacific time when Sephora opens on the west coast and if it’s still an issue call customer service and order over the phone 

If you’re Rouge like us, you can shop in-store or online starting Friday, 11/5 with a 20% discount with the code YAYHOLIDAY. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 11/9, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Thursday, 11/11.

Spoiler
Spoiler

After a horrendous Monday (anything that could go wrong did - nothing super serious just for example my kitten tore down my curtains that I was sitting in front of down on my head and bent the rod in the process or my eldest cat getting upset and making a mess in his cat carrier coming home from the vet yesterday so I had to give him a partial bath - can't believe I had so many cat issues yesterday on top of other things) I broke down and got the HUDA BEAUTY Rose Quartz Eyeshadow Palette . So many of you have picked this up already and I'm pretty sure everyone's hit the nose on the head with this one. Besides I think I'll probably get more use out of this than the Natasha Denona Glam Face & Eye Palette Dark that I was eyeing that is still OOS. After looking at it more I know I have those eyeshadow colors already in the ND - the Huda palette not so much and I'm excited to see what it looks like IRL. The photos posted are so very pretty!

@niki172 I'm so sorry about your rough day :(.  Hope that things are looking better now!

Thank you @CookieGirl1 yes yesterday was uneventful and I'll take nothing happening any day of the week 😅. Monday was really one of those when it rains it pours kind of days.  Oh well it happens to all of us (unfortunately) every now and then - when it's on a Monday I think it gets amplified though...

Sorry about the kitties and rough day! I went in store specifically to test both of these palettes. I was tempted at the ND when I saw in person it was stunning, but it didn’t swatch amazingly on me. Whereas the Huda Rose Quartz was pretty much instant love upon swatching! @niki172 Enjoy! 💕💕

Oooohhh good to know thank you @sister13 . ND went on her IG live (I think?) and said she made this palette especially for travelling. As everything is still nuts right now in the world, plus I don't travel ATM because of my one elderly kitty that needs daily medication (they come first in my eyes), the palette isn't really for me. I mean it's very pretty looking, and would be great even if you were to take it into the office so you could do your eyes and cheeks at work quickly (been guilty of that one hehe), but as I work from home (pre-pandemic even) I just don't have a need for it.

testing