Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Haul Updates!

The monthly hauls are my absolute favorite. I LOVE looking at what all of you have purchased. We are so excited when we buy them...but do we use them? Is there something specific that you purchased that has become a Holy Grail? Have you bought something with high hopes only to be completely disappointed? Now that reviews of products have been compromised, I’m turning to my fellow BIC-ers for genuine feedback. 4C20C1AD-85F2-4897-92AB-83630CEDC8B5.jpeg

Re: Haul Updates!

@darlyndar I am loving HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder to set my under eyes, HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette and URBAN DECAY - Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette.  I think the only purchase that I regret is the Urban Decay Backtalk palette.

The Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucentis one my holy grail powders! It is totally worth the price. I've also been loving the HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette and URBAN DECAY - Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette! Great products @SportyGirly125 😛

-Helen

I have finally decided to go for the unlocked palette! so...

I have finally decided to go for the unlocked palette! so glad to hear you love it @SportyGirly125

Re: I have finally decided to go for the unlocked palette! so...

@lmaster You are going to love it!!!!

I love Hourglass @SportyGirly125. I use Radiant Light to set under my eyes. If you’re ever traveling and forget to pack it, Wet N Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Ticket to Brazil is a dupe for Radiant Light. It sounds crazy, but I swear it is! Reserve Your Cabana would be a dupe for Diffused Light. I’ve tried them both and they work great. It’s always nice to have an extremely affordable alternative. 

I’ve been back and forth on the Naked Cherry. I may just have to bite the bullet even though I know I don’t need another palette! 

@darlyndar Thank you for the dupes.  Always good to know!

Despite going a little shopping crazy (I think I blanked out for a few of my purchases) I have been loving almost everything I've bought. I have yet to find something I want to return though the NATASHA DENONA - Mini Star Eyeshadow Palette was a little disappointing. The two items that I'm still deciding whether or not they're worth the money are the Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g and Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight. I've been using them regularly since I got them a month ago and I get great makeup days with them but I can't decide whether it's better than my old stuff. I might need to do half of my face with and half without to decide. 

@makeitup305 I actually love both the tatcha products, @e...

@makeitup305 I actually love both the tatcha products, @eshoe and I both concur that a little more time and less actual product gives you great results

Re: @makeitup305 I actually love both the tatcha products, @e...

@lmaster I don’t use much of either and they have been working well for me but I’m just not sure I’d repurchase. I do really like the coverage from the Pearl, if my dark circles weren’t so intense I’d probably go without concealer.

@makeitup305 sorry I read your post wrong, not the first time... @eshoe 😂 and won't be the last lol

@makeitup305 same, I have stopped using concealer under my eyes because of the Pearl. And I love how much longer my makeup stays fresh wholei wear the tatcha primer. There is so much product in both, I don't see me repurchasing in the near future, only because it will last me a long time 😉

@makeitup305 I love The Pearl. I use it over KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL, right before I apply my concealer. I like that it adds a little more coverage. Though, I’m pretty sure it’s the Kora that is doing all the magic. Lol

I really like this idea for a thread! 

One thing from my recent hauling I am loving is the KORRES - Greek Beauty Sleepset! I have been wanting to try their brightening oil for a while. So far I am happy with the application and it absorbs easily. Also, I really like the sleep mask. It provides very nice hydration over night and is not greasy or too gel like. 

One thing from my recent hauling I am not loving is the SATURDAY SKIN - Waterfall Glacier Water Cream--- I got weirdly obsessed with trying this but it doesn't provide anywhere near enough hydration for my dry skin. I know gel isn't great for dry skin anyways I thought it might be similar to the belif aqua bomb which does work for me even though I'm dry but this was sadly disappointing. Maybe if you have super oily skin this could work. 

there are a few korres products I love! so sorry to hear...

there are a few korres products I love! so sorry to hear your Saturday skin didn't work out @Kim888

@Kim888, I used my SATURDAY SKIN - Spotlight Brightening Mask and wasn't too impressed.  It wasn't awful; it was just ok.

@curlychiquita I agree - I thought that sheet mask was just average as well

@Kim888 I was looking at the Saturday Skin. I’m pretty normal but used to be extremely oily and still purchase skincare that is made for that. I’ve been loving B-Hydra during the day and Protini at night. I’m so glad to hear what we DON’T like, you know? Sometimes I need that push not to buy something. Lol

Here’s my first disappointment. I purchased the new Peach Slices makeup remover in hopes that it would be a more affordable alternative to Clinique TTDO. It took 3 separate attempts to take off my eye makeup and I still went in for my Clinique. If you wear minimal makeup, this could work. If you’re like me and go full-beat...don’t even bother. You will use the whole jar in one night. To top it off...it smells nothing like peaches. It actaually smells like Curel lotion.

540BD8B4-D21E-4195-98FF-BC5772CB701D.jpeg

awwww @darlyndar that's a bummer!! thanks for the review

awwww @darlyndar that's a bummer!! thanks for the review

@darlyndar Oh no! I bought this from CVS (actually got it for free thanks to my ExtraBucks) because my Clean It Zero is almost gone and I thought I would try something new. I haven't tried it yet but now I'm not very optimistic. I was especially looking forward to the peach scent. 😞

Sorry it didn't work for you!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 168 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos2
  • 4C20C1AD-85F2-4897-92AB-83630CEDC8B5.jpeg
  • 540BD8B4-D21E-4195-98FF-BC5772CB701D.jpeg
testing