Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Haul Updates!

The monthly hauls are my absolute favorite. I LOVE looking at what all of you have purchased. We are so excited when we buy them...but do we use them? Is there something specific that you purchased that has become a Holy Grail? Have you bought something with high hopes only to be completely disappointed? Now that reviews of products have been compromised, I’m turning to my fellow BIC-ers for genuine feedback. 4C20C1AD-85F2-4897-92AB-83630CEDC8B5.jpeg

Re: Haul Updates!

Ok. I have a favorite! The SMASHBOX - Holidaze: Contour & Spotlight Highlighting Palettehas been AMAZING! The contour and bronzer shades are perfect and the highlights are beautiful! Some have a subtle glow while the others are blinding. There’s even a duochrome in the mix. It’s been on sale for $27USD for a while and I finally picked it up a couple weeks ago out of curiosity during the sale. I seriously think everyone should grab it! I’m purchasing a backup and a couple to gift. 

@darlyndar The hauls are some of my favorite posts, too, and I think it's SO helpful to see how people felt about what they bought.  Thanks for starting this thread!

Love your idea, @darlyndar! I feel I could go on and on about the HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 4palette. I don’t have a Sephora near me where I can swatch products. So I went solely off other’s comments and swatches I could find online. I’ve only used their blush and Veil (even long ago when it was a pure white powder) so it was a bit of a leap! I am using it every single day, from almost the beginning of my makeup application through the end. Absolutely love it!

I can’t think of anything I didn’t care for...still waiting on a few items but they are restocks so I’m pretty sure I will 💗 them😉

ok @eshoe I've committed to getting the unlocked, only be...

ok @eshoe I've committed to getting the unlocked, only because I like pigment and the highlighter is a bit more dramatic, imo but we will still be palette sisters, maybe not twins 😂

Re: ok @eshoe I've committed to getting the unlocked, only be...

Lol can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it Palette sister aka @lmaster😉👍🏼

Re: ok @eshoe I've committed to getting the unlocked, only be...

Can't wait, might be a couple weeks, but I'll definitely give you the personal scoop @eshoe

Everyone seems to love this @eshoe! I already have 2 of the powders, bronzers and blush. That’s the only reason why I feel like I don’t need it. It would be simply as a collectors piece and for travel. I do agree that it is absolutely stunning! They have been Holy Grails for a long time. ❤️

@darlyndar You DONT need it...do not add to basket! 

I’m not buying it @GG84. I promise. Lol. 

I tend to research products before buying, and I generally know what I like, so I rarely end up with something that I hate. But, with that said, these are my current favorite purchases:

Shiseido VisionAiry Gel Lipstick Streaming Mauve, a great mauve lipstick in my favorite new lipstick formula. 

RMS BEAUTY - Champagne Rosé Luminizer, I received this item in a gratis box a year or two ago, and I love it so much that when I finally hit pan, I immediately purchased it during the F&F sale.

PAT McGRATH LABS Mini MatteTrance™ Lipstick Trio Colour Blitz, Sephora and BIC know me too well. They sent me the Pat McGrath gratis earlier this year and got me hooked on the lipsticks, so I went and bought a full-size lipstick and the minis. 

PAT MCGRATH LABS - MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Temptation Eyeshadow Palette, my first Pat McGrath palette--I wasn't going to get it, but then I saw it in a store during the Rouge sale, swatched it, and had to have it.

What a great idea @darlyndar!

Loves

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color Unveil -okay I've only technically worn this once but once was enough to say I am in love! It is the perfect shade of mauve with the perfect long-wearing, nondrying Fenty formula!

Natasha Denona Gold Eyeshadow Palette 15 x 0.08 oz/ 2.5 g- it was so pretty I didn't want to bring myself to use it but I have already used it for both conservative and fun looks and love every shade in it!

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Mini Fairy Bomb- the smell and the pink glitter has me pounding my entire body in this little poof whenever the weather is nice enough to wear a dress out. It didn't get the best reviews online because people claimed the glitter was nonexistent but I did not experience that issue whatsoever 🙂

HUM NUTRITION - Uber Energy™ Adaptogen Supplement- coffee, what? As an avid coffee drinker, I used to rely on my espresso shots to help me wake up in the middle of the work day until I started taking only ONE of these a day. I feel more energized without the need of any coffee during the middle of the day and I have even started hitting the gym again with all the energy I have when I get home from work (yay!). The directions say to take 2 of these a day but like I said, I only take one a day and that is enough to keep me moving all day.

HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette- I would consider picking up this palette the best investment/choice I have made this year. I wear this almost every single day because all of the shades are sooo beautiful, so flattering and just work so well together! I think the best part about this palette is the fact that the shades look like they would work well with most skin tones- so whether you're a pale princess like I am or a bronzed queen, I bet this palette will look amazing on mostly everyone! The blushes look intimidating on the pan BUT they are not in the slightest too red or glittery when on.

Dislikes/Hates

None so far! I'll have to play with all my goodies from the recent sale and get back to this thread with more updates 🙂

Love your purchases @gonerogue! I was gifted the Natasha Denona Gold Eyeshadow Palette 15 x 0.08 oz/ 2.5 gfrom my boyfriend and it is soooo P R E T T Y. The shadows blend out seamlessly and look amazing together. One of my good friends also gifted the HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette for my birthday and i'm in love! I've been eyeing this palette and it's truly such a gorgeous product. 🙂

-Helen

@HelenBT aren’t they both just GORGEOUS?! You’re lucky you got them as gifts! I hope to see some great looks from you using both palettes 😉

I'm so getting the unlocked palette @gonerouge I'm commit...

I'm so getting the unlocked palette @gonerouge I'm committing to this!

@gonerogue Ok, I need to really look through my hauls and do a proper update! Lol. I have Uber Energy as well but don’t feel like it works for me. I’m an avid coffee drinker as well...and I work nights. I think I may have to give it another go though, I can drink espresso right before bed and fall right asleep. 😫😳😫😳

@darlyndar I totally believe you. Most of my family can drink coffee right before bed and it helps them sleep but I’m not the same way. Are you taking one or two pills? I wonder why it works so great for some and it’s  not effective on others 🤷🏼‍♀️

I take one in the morning @gonerogue. Maybe that’s the problem. I’m going to try and take one before work and maybe bump it to two if needed. Being a bartender keeps me running around until 3am. Most of the time I don’t even have time to take a sip of coffee or even tie my shoe. Lol. 

@darlyndar I take mine after my lunch in the middle of my day and it works fine all day. Try it out again and see if it works, I hope it does!

@darlyndar just wanted to add if you take them before work be sure you read any instructions on whether to eat before or not! The first time I tried their supplements I just took it without thinking and it made me feel so sick - didn't realize it said within half an hour of eating 

@Kim888 you’re supposed to take them after you’ve had a meal or else I think it makes you feel kinda off. I take all of my supplements after lunch and haven’t had a problem with feeling sick that way.

40 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 168 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos2
  • 4C20C1AD-85F2-4897-92AB-83630CEDC8B5.jpeg
  • 540BD8B4-D21E-4195-98FF-BC5772CB701D.jpeg
testing