Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Gettin' Jiggy with January 2023 Hauls!

Now that we're heading into January and the New Year, I though it was time for our New Years haul thread! 2022 has been a year filled with beauty year, and 2023 will be the best year yet!

So excited to jump into January with you all, so now let's share our hauls!

Happy-New-Year-2023-GIFs-19.gif

Happy Birthday to all my fellow January/Capricorn/Aquarius babies!!

Re: Gettin' Jiggy with January 2023 Hauls!

@Sunnysmom I REALLY love the brushes.  Keep in mind that I don't own any really high-end brushes like a lot of you.  I don't have any from Wayne Goss, Sonia G, Chikuhodo, etc and the BKs are synthetic so I really can't compare them on any level but to me they feel like a high-end synthetic and they're genuinely my favorites in my collection.

Excellent to know @CookieGirl1 ! No no I don’t really either! A very very few by Sonia G and 1 from C. Very. lol. I am happy with brushes that are a lot less and really don’t know all the nuances. I’m learning as I go from you all! 

@CookieGirl1 gorgeous palette!! I love the bk beauty foundation brush!

@lmaster I've had the most fun playing with that palette!  It has more "fun" shades but also very easy everyday shades with a lot of sparkle and shine.  I, uh, ended up ordering another palette from them about a week ago.  As far as the brushes, my BK Beauty collection is growing because I'm finding that they're really my favorite brushes that I own.  I have two of the 101 Foundation brushes and I was excited when they released the smaller sister (the one here) which is the 109.

Ohhhhh so is it like a smaller version? @CookieGirl1 

@lmaster Exactly!

20230202_185317.jpg20230202_185322.jpg

I'd seen a few of my fav YouTubers raving about the 109 (who have also loved the 101) and they were saying that they liked the 109 even better than the 101.  Obviously I was intrigued and I'd been wanting to order a couple of new eye brushes anyway so I decided to go for it.  Spoiler: I'm not disappointed.  Like, I might actually consider ordering a 2nd one.  It doesn't blend out foundation quite as fast as the 101 since it's smaller but it takes MAYBE an extra 5-10 seconds so it's not a big deal and I really like how easily it fits around and under my eyes and nose and between my brows so I actually feel like it does a more seamless job than the larger brush.  The actual density/softness of the two is nearly identical and one thing that I instantly discovered about the 109 is that it also works like a dream to blend out concealer as well as liquid and cream blush and bronzer (which is why I might need another one, so I can have one for each purpose!).  

If you find yourself in need of a new workhorse brush, definitely consider this one.  TBH I didn't know how well I'd like it and now I feel like it's the brush that I didn't know I needed, lol.

@CookieGirl1 ok sold, i must try it out!!

@lmaster I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I didn't get it until the very end of the month so I didn't feel like I could, in fairness, put it into my January Favorites but it's DEFINITELY going to be in there for February!

@CookieGirl1 Great haul. The nail polish shades you picked out are really beautiful. Enjoy digging into your goodies!

Lovely haul! Ooooh those ceramide capsules are soooo good to the skin @CookieGirl1

Your new brushes look so beautiful 😍 And those sparkly polishes, nice!

Hey that's the new GR cleanser, let me know what you think of it? I really want to test that one out some day 😄

@CynthieLu If you've never heard of/tried BK Beauty brushes, do yourself a favor and check them out.  The brand owner is actually a YouTuber/influencer and she started the brand with a mission in mind--they donate a portion of all of their proceeds to helping needy women out and the "BK" in the name actually stands for Beauty Kindness.  The brushes are of fabulous quality and I keep growing my little collection of them.

As far as the Glow Recipe Avocado Ceramide Moisture Barrier Cleanser 5 oz / 150 mL, it's nice!  It builds a very gentle lather, doesn't feel stripping but still cleanses well, and I really enjoy it for the morning.  The scent is interesting; it's like a sweet cucumber.  I know, that sounds weird and I'm NOT a fan of cucumber-smelling products as a general rule but there's a twist to this one that I find oddly pleasant.  If you're at all interested I'd absolutely recommend trying it.

I had never heard of those brushes @CookieGirl1 That's amazing to hear. Donating proceeds to women in need is a beautiful mission 💛 I'm going to go check them out 😀

I love a gentle cleanser, oooh Cucumber scent I'm very ok with,  I usually find it refreshing 😋 I have a few cleansers too finish before I can justify purchasing a new one  even if it's by one of my fav brands

My team's football season is over but this makes for a lovely consolation prize - I may be the only one who feels that way  though. Thanks @danielledanielle for posting about this release. The Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Football Sponge is adorable and I love the color of the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer RIRI - I may need to pick up a back up of both of these

Fenty directFenty direct

1.30.2023 Haul - Fenty 2.jpg

Spoiler
Fenty RiriFenty Riri

Because I like sheet masks ... 

Sephora, Ohlolly, Olive Young Global, H MartSephora, Ohlolly, Olive Young Global, H Mart

The Etude House is a repeated repurchase - it's one of my favorite sunscreens. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream-Infused Mask 1 Mask / 1 Mask is a new love and one of my January favorites. I picked up Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Vitamin C Lactic Biocellulose Brightening Treatment Mask 1 Mask / 1 Mask because I've not used a biocellulose mask with vitamin C or lactic acid, and I'm interested to see whether the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizing Mask 0.77 oz / 22 g is just different packaging or if it is Ceramidin Mask 3.0.

Sephora, YesStyle, Candy Doll BeautySephora, YesStyle, Candy Doll Beauty

I've wanted to try Pear Nova polishes for some time, over a year, but the set I had my eye on kept selling out and I always seemed to miss it when it came back in stock. Decided to just pick up a few shades, including one of the ones in the set I was interested in. Wouldn't you know it?! The set I was waiting for came back in stock, after I placed my order. C'est la vie. Looking forward to trying out these polishes; a couple of them may jump the line and sneak their way into the shop my stash nail bin.

1.28.2023 Pear nova 2.jpg

1.28.2023 Haul - Pear Nova 2.jpg

@itsfi   Oh I love your hauls 🥰. Your nail polishes are so gorgeous!  That Fenty haul is perfect.  Love the color of the gloss bomb😍

@itsfi Such a pretty haul! My teams never had a chance to go past regular season haha so I feel you. 

Amazing hauls @itsfi ! That gloss looks gorgeous on you! 😍

Thank you @Saradestin! It's a lip color I definitely have in a variety of finishes and from several brands. 😁

Ooh, such nice picks! I added that gloss to my loves, I really enjoy her glosses! @itsfi 

Thank you @sister13! I agree, her glosses are really great. It's an act of willpower to resist not picking them all up - or picking up another one of this RiRi shade. I don't think I'll be able to hold out much longer on this LE gloss though; love the color, finish and feel! 💕

Ohhh, I was wondering when we'd see some of the Fenty football collection pop up in hauls, @itsfi. The Riri shade looks great on you! 

Thank you @quspork! The RiRi shade is the color family I instinctively gravitate towards when it comes to lip products. I'm a creature of habit in that sense. 😅 It's a beautiful shade! 💖

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos253
  • Happy-New-Year-2023-GIFs-19.gif
  • HB January babies gif.jpg
  • 4D0ED16D-8B43-4706-8D3D-11B2FC2994BC.jpeg
  • 1A3106EC-F889-4CD1-9CBF-716519FDFA9D.jpeg
  • 3F1AB5BF-0352-40B4-95DD-7DB7F5E6D011.jpeg
  • IMG_8445.JPG
  • 4433BBA8-57FF-4D44-8B19-10A81282B430.jpeg
  • 8F18BA11-A8D1-42EB-A74A-5A170575415C.jpeg
  • L- Chromaluxe Rouge Rebellion R-Optic Fuschia from Divine Droid