Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Gettin' Jiggy with January 2023 Hauls!

Now that we're heading into January and the New Year, I though it was time for our New Years haul thread! 2022 has been a year filled with beauty year, and 2023 will be the best year yet!

So excited to jump into January with you all, so now let's share our hauls!

Happy-New-Year-2023-GIFs-19.gif

Happy Birthday to all my fellow January/Capricorn/Aquarius babies!!

Re: Gettin' Jiggy with January 2023 Hauls!

@CynthieLu  Oh boy, so sorry 😢

@Cissy63 Amazing hauls!  Enjoy your goodies.

@SportyGirly125  Thank you 😀. I remember you mentioned how great Beautylish’s brushes are.  So I ordered these, then my Lucky Bag came with Units face brushes inside. Oh wow🤩. I am so excited and nervous too.  I want to take good care of them.  I know I will, especially as they are works of art!

Abib: 

I always love Abib's packaging aesthetic.I always love Abib's packaging aesthetic.All but one of these are new-to-me; didn't order any of my usual Abib products this time.All but one of these are new-to-me; didn't order any of my usual Abib products this time.
Sheet masks: Abib’s Mild Acidic pH Heartleaf Fit is still my skin’s favorite sheet mask ever. I’m already well stocked on those, so I finally ordered a box of the Jericho Rose Fit masks I’ve wanted to try for a while. The Gummy Madecassoside Sticker masks were GWP. I’ve tried that mask before but don’t recall how I felt about it, aside from greatly preferring the Heartleaf Fit mask (both masks contain centella asiatica components). 

Pine Needle Pore Pad - mildly exfoliating pads with pine, cica, chamomile, evening primrose, panthenol, willowherb, kudzu root, PHA, and LHA (capryloyl salicylic acid, a salicylic acid ester that has a larger molecular size preventing it from penetrating skin as deeply as salicylic acid, resulting in less irritation). If they play nice with my skin, I won’t use these pads daily but will work them into my routine a few days a week. I think they’ll be especially good for my neck. 

Calming Facial Soap, Heartleaf Stone - absolutely didn’t need this but curiosity compelled me. Has no fragrance. Will try it tonight. 

Quick Sunstick Protection Bar SPF 50 PA++++ - a chemical sunscreen stick using UV filters octinoxate, octisalate, Uvinal A Plus, Tinosorb S, and octocrylene. Also contains aloe vera, green tea, cica, and a ceramide. I really hope my skin likes this so I can finally carry a non-zinc sunscreen stick on-the-go again. 

Hand Cream, Fragrance Type W - the fragrance-free version’s INCI list wasn’t as impressive to me in terms of moisturization, so I went with this very grapefruit + freesia scented version. Also has a bit of lime scent. Haven't tested it long enough to say how effective it is. 

Samples: Heartleaf cleanser and essence, which I can’t use on my face because they contain wintergreen extract. I’ll try them on my legs, though. 

@WinglessOne looks like a great skincare haul

Thanks @lmaster

Enjoy your hauls @WinglessOne the packaging is beautiful and those masks sound great! I hope they work out for you 😄

@WinglessOne This is a really fun looking haul!

It’s the best when you can find an spf that you like, this one sounds great @WinglessOne ! Nice haul 😊

@WinglessOne Love your haul!

Everything looks so good and beautiful @WinglessOne I hope everything works for you!

Everything sounds very nice, @WinglessOne! Enjoy! 

@WinglessOne   You have such a wide assortment of products.  Enjoy everything 🥰

Nice haul @WinglessOne , I’m not familiar with this brand. What’s your favorite from it? 

Thanks @Sunnysmom ! Abib is a Korean skincare brand. You can find their products at various K- and J-beauty retailers: YesStyle, Olive Young, Stylevana, etc. But I order direct from Abib when they have sales. 

My favorite product, hands down, is the Mild Acidic pH Heartleaf Fit sheet mask. Since my mostly-dry combo skin is quite reactive/inflammation-prone, 2 of my main skincare focuses are hydration and anti-inflammation. This sheet mask is loaded with ingredients that address those issues, without any ingredients my skin hates. I've been using this mask for at least 2 years. I always buy it by the box, and often buy 2+ boxes at a time. If I'm not in the mood to wear a sheet mask for a few minutes, I just use the mask essence like a serum. In fact, I wish Abib would bottle this serum and sell it without the mask. (They do have a bottled Heartleaf essence, but it contains an ingredient my facial skin doesn't like so I can't try it.) 

Other varieties of the Mild Acidic pH masks are very good, like the Honey Fit and Aqua Fit. My facial skin has a love-hate relationship with honey, but Abib's honey mask never causes issues for me. 

I used one of the Pine Needle Pore Pads last night on my face and neck as a mild exfoliant. Those pads are very nice! They're smooth one one side and textured (but not roughly) on the other. My skin felt very refreshed afterward, and I like knowing I got a hopefully good dose of pine extract, among other great ingredients. So, those pads are now high on my Favorite Abib Products list. 🙂 

Thank you @WinglessOne , terrific info and sounds like my skin these days too . I always need good mask ideas as I’m a rookie in this category! I’ll look into Abib. (PS my pencil organization is strong thanks to you. 💞 Now if JCube would get more lip spinners back in stock! Grr! )

Nice skincare haul @WinglessOne!

Thank you @faeriegirl !

@WinglessOne Nice haul. It sounds like this brand makes your skin happy 😊

Thanks @Mellmars1185 ! I can't use everything Abib makes, but the ones I can are usually great! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos253
  • Happy-New-Year-2023-GIFs-19.gif
  • HB January babies gif.jpg
  • 4D0ED16D-8B43-4706-8D3D-11B2FC2994BC.jpeg
  • 1A3106EC-F889-4CD1-9CBF-716519FDFA9D.jpeg
  • 3F1AB5BF-0352-40B4-95DD-7DB7F5E6D011.jpeg
  • IMG_8445.JPG
  • 4433BBA8-57FF-4D44-8B19-10A81282B430.jpeg
  • 8F18BA11-A8D1-42EB-A74A-5A170575415C.jpeg
  • L- Chromaluxe Rouge Rebellion R-Optic Fuschia from Divine Droid