Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Friends & Family Sale 2020 - What Will You Bring Home?๐Ÿค”

****UPDATE: If anyone is asking about the code for Rouge members for the Friends and Family sale all spots have been filled already. If you are looking for the code I would recommend you kindly ask a Sephora employee for one.****

Thank you @SportyGirly125 for addressing everyoneโ€™s questions here, you always go above and beyond with helping others navigate BIC ๐Ÿ’•

B71C0C9D-D709-4FF9-8A39-2BF9CFE8543C.gif

โ€ƒ

Time to plan (or go down a rabbit trail๐Ÿ˜‰). Whatโ€™s in your basket for the F&F sale this month? I have just a few items so far, but would love some suggestions. Canโ€™t wait to see everyoneโ€™s hauls on @fatimamummyโ€˜s Share your October Fall Hauls (2020) thread!

B5C1351C-0895-4998-866A-3D3FF1E6850A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Friends & Family Sale 2020 - What Will You Bring Home?๐Ÿค”

Well... my basket changed at least three times a day, fluctuating between skincare and makeup.  Truth is I'm way more into skincare the last few years so after a check of my unopened stash I realized buying more could be silly... but hey... can't resist a sale! 

Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Milky Lip Jelly Gloss Coconut  (I bought a couple of the originals and I love them). If this one is a win I may pick up another at the next sale.

Laura Mercier Mini Stargazer Caviar Stick Quartet 

Volition Beauty Apple Cider Vinegar Resurfacing Peel Pads (I saw volition go on sale and figured if I didn't try it out now, then when?)

Volition Beauty Strawberry-C Brightening Serum 

Volition Beauty Snow Mushroom Water Serum 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Mask Grape 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sponge Charcoal 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Brow Enhancer 07 Matte Ivory 

Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Magic Hour  (love me some cream blushes)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Mask Orchid 

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa โ€™71 Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 3.0 oz/ 90 mL 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 09 Cool Berry 

MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Soft Matte Foundation Stick NW13 (I usually keep a studio fix compact in my purse for touch ups figured this could do the same?)

MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation Y405 - Golden Honey (except in Marble I think?  I've had this a few times and love how fast I can apply it and how it can be sheer or full coverage.  I swear I didn't need two foundations, but they both came on sale... and here we are)

Maison Margiela โ€™REPLICAโ€™ Sailing Day 3.4 oz/ 100 mL  (I've had this in the travel and really like how it gives me clean out on the lake vibes.  It came on sale as well so it was a quick grab)

I think this was all I got for myself.  I have a few more things that are likely to end up in my bag for the sale at the end of the month... Figured it was best to spread it out a bit.  Those sale products made me do some adding to my cart for sure.  

@missjeanie you picked a beautiful shade on the tower 28 lippie!!

I'm hoping I love it @lmaster !  I'm usually very mauve in my lippies and this was the closest I saw.

Oh @missjeanie do keep me updated on the Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Milky Lip Jelly Gloss Coconut .  I know people rave about the original formula so I'm hoping the milky ones are just as nice.  The Volition beauty pads are also quite nice, I've used them for a while but have simply moved away from the extra waste that they caused.  

I keep going back and forth on that new Dior BACKSTAGE Glow Face Palette Rose Gold  palette. I know today is the last day and somehow I was able to hold onto my code until now. There's too many things I keep hemming and hawing on also like Yves Saint Laurent Water Stain Glow Lip Stain 207 Illegal Rosy Nude  (but in the color 205 secret rosewood - couldn't get it to pull up). The color just looks so juicy and not really quite like anything I have. My main issue is with wearing masks everyday is getting something like a lipstick or a highlighter that's pretty much covered up by my mask worth it? I know wearing masks won't be forever, but I have all this makeup that hasn't been worn in a long time so do I really need to add to my pile? On the other hand I know some of these holiday releases are LE so will I have FOMO if I don't pick them up? The only thing that's in my cart that I know I want to pick up is the Natasha Denona Mini Zendo Eyeshadow Palette Mini Zendo 5 x 0.028 oz/ 0.8 g because at least you can see my eyes. I plan on picking up replacements for my skincare later on in the month. Oh well at least I've saved a lot of money on makeup these past 8+ months ๐Ÿ˜….

@niki172 I have 3 of these Dior Backstage Face Palettes (#2, Rose Gold and Copper) and they are stunning, but few pictures do them justice. I would recommend checking out Chickprofile Instagram because she has video swatches of the 3 latest palettes. Those will give you a much better idea how they look in real life. 

36AC46B5-4ECC-4B3C-8ED4-96A4C70BC805.jpeg

โ€ƒ

3F3AD759-FC7F-41CA-9287-A4F60C5BF5B7.jpeg

โ€ƒ

08ECD437-91AF-4235-96CA-722DC1002775.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Thanks very much @Zvezdochka . I do follow her on IG, but get a little peeved that some of her content you have to be part of her Patreon in order to see swatches/reviews. My skin tone is porcelain so I'm hoping to find some swatches from someone that's pale like me โ˜บ๏ธ. Thanks for these pictures though they give me an idea!

@niki172  I see. I donโ€™t even follow her on Instagram but I do check her account among others when I need to see video swatches because some products are impossible to translate into picture. I think I heard she started this paid content after Instagram wiped out her account for consistently violating Dior IP rights. If you are really pale you may want to check out the original Dior BACKSTAGE Glow Face Palette 001 Universal  You can use darker shade as an eye shadow. Thatโ€™s what I do with dark browns in Palette 002 and Copper. 

@niki172 did you say..............................................................ROSE GOLD๐Ÿ˜ณ

tenor488974367831290groundhog.gif

Okay, it's official. Buy everything. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

I finally made up my mind and went with a lippie that costs less and also from all the YouTube videos I watched looks beautiful on. I picked up Natasha Denona Mini Zendo Eyeshadow Palette Mini Zendo 5 x 0.028 oz/ 0.8 g Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Milky Lip Jelly Gloss Cashew Charlotte Tilbury Mini Filmstar Bronze & Glow Contour Duo 0.12 oz/ 3.5 g .

I'll keep the Dior palette on my maybe list for the upcoming Rouge sale along with some other goodies from PMG. I wish there were a way to swatch the Dior palette IRL. My local store has it, but have only been to the mall twice since this whole mess started, and my understanding is that you can't touch the testers which I fully understand and appreciate.

@niki172 I have only been in Sephora a few times also but the last time I did the SA swatched stuff on a clear board that was super helpful. Does yours do that? Maybe ask em? I thought it was a terrific idea and she said they had just started it the other week I guess? ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

@Sunnysmom I had called and asked and was basically told that the SA's will hold up a product for you to see and that's about it. That's a little nuts IMO as I don't understand why they can't swatch it themselves especially if they're the only ones touching it. I'm not asking anyone to touch me or anything like that - the paper is actually a good idea. My friend went into my local store and she said everything was under something like plexiglass which is fine, but I can't get a good idea of how something may work on me just by looking at it if that makes sense. It's funny because my Chanel SA will send me swatches in the mail - I'm lucky to have her lol.

I hear you @niki172 thatโ€™s so frustrating! I figured seeing it on the glass helped a bit but would be of no use for skin matching etc obv. Grr. My SA at Chanel and Nordies will also swatch on their skin at least plus send swatches! We r lucky to have those guys! 

@Sunnysmom we sure are! I can't wait for my holiday order to come in. My SA has my list ready to go of what I want (no shortage of swatch videos there). Also the Chanel thread here of course is super helpful ๐Ÿ˜˜. As she's an hour away from me they'll text me slideshows of swatches on themselves as well as sending me the paper ones.

Yup!  Now thatโ€™s customer service @niki172 ! 
I love our threads too, they all really help us! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

@niki172 good thinking on the gloss! I picked up the Tower Beauty in Cashew but am very interested in the YSL as well. Maybe for the sale at the end of the month? The Tower is really nice, especially for the $. I was surprised at the depth of color, I was expecting something much sheerer (although I do apply it a little on the heavy side). It's a good balance between sticky and thin glosses ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe I'm hoping there are either more reviews or someone credible on YouTube does a video about the YSL because I could find nothing when I searched. Like you said maybe for the end of the month sale. They look supper juicy (can't think of anything else to describe it) and also very hydrating which I need.

My order was simple because I'm not in need of much. I just got the Urban Decay The Finger Brush because I've been wanting that brush for a long time and the Origins Mask Delights Mask Essentials Set. I'm going to wrap it and put it under my tree for Christmas! 

@sephoraaddict918 you are too cute, wrapping that set up for yourself ๐Ÿ˜„ What a great set, too - so happy they included the Hello, Calm.

I've been thinking about creating a beauty advent calendar for myself to get through some samples before the year ends, would be a good way to start the new year off a bit lighter!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos31
  • B5C1351C-0895-4998-866A-3D3FF1E6850A.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20201003-214142.png
  • 4B9D76BA-5524-4DD2-AB3A-41AEEFB98294.gif
  • FF.png
  • 12FB2C5F-3BDE-42F7-BFC4-19DE382ABA24.jpeg
  • E82B8733-F209-4A81-B035-EC20DE76EB7C.jpeg
  • 830601D8-657B-4A03-9EB9-1E75BD29E81A.gif
  • Happy-Birthday-GIF
  • 9C5AED88-718C-4D51-B28A-D27B92C23406.jpeg