cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Flawless February 2024 Hauls

372d9c696d95d770d55356d0304381a1.gif

Love is in the air,,, please share your new hauls filled with love for the month of February here

Happy birthday to all the February babes

tumblr_p44i2mXAt61qc4uvwo1_540.gif

โ€ƒ

200w.gif

โ€ƒ

Re: Flawless February 2024 Hauls

@abstraktgirl  Absolutley stunning haul which product is your favorite so far?

Guerlain's Oil is my fav because 14 years after taking my profile picture below (wow I really need to update it), I have sagging but fewer fine lines on my eyelids. I'm afraid my crow's feet aren't visible in the photo below, but they were there.

.14 years older (Above)14 years older (Above)

We're our own harshest critics!! You look good from this side of the screen @abstraktgirl!!

You are so sweet @furbie Thanks for saying that๐Ÿ˜Š

@abstraktgirl @Happy birthday month. Amazing haul. 

@SportyGirly125 Thank you!

Happy birthday, @abstraktgirl ! Enjoy your new treats! 

@WinglessOne Thank you! And I will!

Posting twice in a row (splitting my makeup and skincare posts) to avoid BIC/Lithiumโ€™s character count error. 

Ulta 5x points on lipstick: 

I had a generous gift card to spend, and Iโ€™d like to thank the gifter for funding my lipstick addiction. :DI had a generous gift card to spend, and Iโ€™d like to thank the gifter for funding my lipstick addiction. ๐Ÿ˜„

Swatches & notes: 

Spoiler

Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Color shade 211 Subtile - nice but overpriced. It applied evenly and smoothly with no fragrance. Felt comfy but slightly heavyโ€”neither wax lips nor featherweight, just more โ€œI can very noticeably feel this on my lipsโ€ than Iโ€™d like. During the 30 minutes I wore it at home, Subtile had begun to fade and settle in my lip lines. I hadnโ€™t eaten anything during that brief wear test, and all I drank was a cup of oolong tea. The color didnโ€™t transfer much to my cup though. Huh. This is the first shade Iโ€™ve tried from this lipstick line, and itโ€™ll be my last. Itโ€™s not terrible, just very overpriced. 

Chanel Rouge Coco Flash Hydrating Vibrant Shine Lip Color, shades 128 Mood and 92 Amour - moderately shiny, demi-sheer, emollient balmy comfort. The smaste on these is ridiculous, but it dissipates within 10 minutes. I wore Mood on Thursday and, as expected, it performed more like a tinted balm than a long-wearing lipstick. It lost its shine after an hour or so of wear, probably because I was drinking coffee on the go. No bleeding/feathering though, and my lips didnโ€™t feel dry until a lot of Mood had worn away. I wouldnโ€™t spend this much money out of pocket on a tinted balm Iโ€™d have to reapply several times throughout the dayโ€”but since this was a gift card purchase and met my expectations, I canโ€™t complain. 

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTranceโ„ข Lipstick Full Blooded - a shade I kept resisting because I already have LuxeTrance shade Wrecked. But, 5x points on lipstick and Iโ€™m a sucker for berry shades. In person, Full Bloodedโ€™s deeper/darker and more burgundy than Wrecked, so theyโ€™re not exact dupes. I lip-swatched Full Blooded after the 2 Prada lipsticks and man, the extreme ease of applying a MatteTrance vs. the Pradas was amazing. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ Iโ€™ll talk more about the Pradas in their section of this post. They reminded me why Iโ€™ve loved Patโ€™s bullet lipsticks since their initial launch. I mean, thereโ€™s a reason I own so many MatteTrance (and LuxeTrance) shades. 

388336B5-1767-4033-810E-098F14F0330E.jpeg

Fude Beauty, MAC, and Nordstrom: 

Had to use some Nordy Notes before they expired so hey, why not get some Prada for $0 out of pocket?Had to use some Nordy Notes before they expired so hey, why not get some Prada for $0 out of pocket?

Swatches & notes: 

Spoiler

Tanseido AKA Series MQ10 Eyeshadow Brush - a Japanese weasel hair brush thatโ€™s as versatile as kolinsky. Iโ€™ve been loving my KQ12S kolinsky brush for concealer and cream eyeshadows, so I bought the MQ10 for the same tasks; it has a thicker shape with longer bristles, so it might be even better for undereye concealer. 

MAC:

• Macximal Silky Matte Lipstick shade No Coral-ation - this is the reformulated matte bullet. The caseโ€™s silver brand-engraved band reminds me of MACโ€™s flat-top bullet case. But the lipstick reminds me a lot of the Powder Kiss bullet formula. This shade applied streaky and was hard to even out for swatch photos. I should pick up a deeper shade to see if this is a formula-wide issue or just a light shade issue. But first, I need to compare No Coral-ation to one of my Powder Kisses and see how similar the formulas are. 

• Molten Metal Highlighter shade Many Moons Aglow - I wasnโ€™t going to buy this, but then @SportyGirly125 swatched it in a hauls post and here we are. ๐Ÿ˜… It has a very subtle peachy pink flip and a beautiful non-glittery finish. 

3A710458-70A3-46C2-9751-D1202E40B0A3.jpeg

Prada: 

• Dimensions Multi-Effect Eyeshadow Palettes, 2 Profusion and 4 Poetry refill - these shadows are quite nice! The satins and metallics are beautifully smooth, and the metallics are true metallics, not glitter bombs; they have a silky feel instead of a wet feel. These shadows arenโ€™t full-power pigmented like, say, Natasha Denonaโ€™s, Linda Hallbergโ€™s, or Coloured Raineโ€™s. But theyโ€™re no slouch: theyโ€™re impactful yet buildable, so they should be easy to work with. Iโ€™ll find out soon enough. 

• Monochrome Soft Matte Lipstick shade O177 Flamingo - looks neon orange in its case but applied as a beautifully muted orange coral on my lips. Felt comfy too, not drying at all. No streaking or feathering either. But the bullet shape gave me trouble: the tipโ€™s a wide triangle (to match Pradaโ€™s logo) that slopes downward; behind that triangle, the bulletโ€™s tapered. This gives the tip a very wide straight edge thatโ€™s hard to control during application. I wish Prada had reversed the slope of the logo triangle, so bullet edge would be a triangle point instead of a wide straight line. Luckily, the Soft Matte formulaโ€™s sheer/muted enough to be kinda forgiving during a messy application. 

• Monochrome Hyper Matte Lipstick shade P57 Ultraviolet - this is where I began swearing at whoever designed the shape of these bullets. No matter how I flipped the bullet to find an easier application edge, that wide straight edge got in the way. I had to do lots of post-application cleanup, especially around my cupidโ€™s bow. Iโ€™m annoyed enough to consider reshaping this bulletโ€™s tip (with a knife) myself. Before I do that, Iโ€™ll practice more with this dang bullet shape and try to figure out which edge/angle works best for me.

Right after I took that swatch photo, I removed Ultraviolet and applied Pat McGrathโ€™s Full Blooded, and it was like collapsing into my comfy bed after a week of sleeping on an unfamiliar painful hotel mattress. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I mean, Pradaโ€™s Hyper Matte formulaโ€™s not painful: itโ€™s fairly comfy (though I doubt I could handle it without my usual lip balm underneath) but I wonโ€™t call it hydrating or moisturizing. And this shade is gorgeous in person, with less patchiness than most deep purple lipsticks have. But the bullet shape is a prime example of form over function: someone decided itโ€™s more important to slap Pradaโ€™s triangle on the bullet tip than to ensure everyone can easily apply the lipstick. (Yes, Iโ€™m aware there are people who have no trouble applying this lipstick. Yay for them! Though I wonder how many of them have to do post-application cleanup or โ€œperfectโ€ their lip shape afterwardโ€”2 things I rarely have to do with a bullet lipstick by any brand, because most other bullets are shaped for function.) 

I canโ€™t see that Ultraviolet swatch without also seeing the cupidโ€™s bow struggle. Why, Prada. Why.I canโ€™t see that Ultraviolet swatch without also seeing the cupidโ€™s bow struggle. Why, Prada. Why.

Great haul!! Enjoy your goodies! @WinglessOne 

Thanks @idanyd !

Great haul @WinglessOne these are some beautiful shadesss!

Thank you @jaaayp !

@WinglessOne Great hauls and swatches. The eyeshadows look so smooth and the shades are beautiful. I don't see the new Mac matte formula on the Sephora Canada site yet but if they do I think I might pick up the shade Marrakesh. I love the PM lippies also. Enjoy!

Thank you @Mellmars1185 ! Marrakesh is a goodie: I have that shade in a different MAC lipstick formula. Hope you like it when you try it! 

@WinglessOne  now this haul is beyond gorgeous I hope your enjoying it โœจ

Thanks @peculiarzmakeup ! 

Beautiful lipsticks and I love the Prada eyeshadow palette, @WinglessOne!

Thanks @curlychiquita ! 

Excellent haul @WinglessOne ! The new lippies are beautiful!

Thanks @faeriegirl !

Conversation Stats
Photos187
  • 372d9c696d95d770d55356d0304381a1.gif
  • tumblr_p44i2mXAt61qc4uvwo1_540.gif
  • 200w.gif
  • giphy
  • 1000001615.jpg
  • 1000001618.jpg
  • 1000001608.jpg
  • 1000013948.jpg