Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

February Food Haul From MYchoi to Me! :)

The lovely MYchoi was fabulous enough to offer to ship me some delicious treats from California to Pennsylvania. She knows I LOVE Asian food but have no Asian markets near my homestead. Here are some of the wonderful things she included:

SAM_1126.JPG^Large flat rate box JAM-PACKED with goodies!

SAM_1127.JPG^Seaweed.

SAM_1129.JPG^Melon flavored gummies (one of my favorites!) and melon flavored hard candies.

SAM_1131.JPG^Green tea, panda, and strawberry pocky. I busted into the green tea pocky IMMEDIATELY!

SAM_1132.JPG^Various crackers/biscuits/pies.

SAM_1133.JPG

^Bae, various mochi, and green tea swiss rolls (another fave).

SAM_1134.JPG^Strawberry Calpico, aloe drink, and melon yogurt drink.

Do any of you have any favorite Asian foods, or foods from your culture or other cultures that you love?

Re: February Food Haul From MYchoi to Me! :)

Have you tried Ramune?! Japanese soda? With a marble in it? SOOOO good. AND lychee Calpico. Strawberry Calpico is my least favorite. I like original, mango and lychee! AND MILK CANDY!

I always get the Japanese soda when I get sushi! Especially because they have melon flavor... I LOVE all things melon! Smiley Happy I've never had lychee everything so I was unsure whether or not to get that or the strawberry. I usually like strawberry things so I thought I'd give it a try.

definitely try a lychee something soon (esp the fresh fruit)- it tastes like rain!

I, too, love Asian food! That's so sweet of her! Smiley Happy

MYchoi is definitely a sweetheart! Heart

upload_7598755187942068268.jpg

Ooooh! You are so spoiled, killahbabe! mychoi majorly spoils you! What a sweetHeart!

I think that we need to start calling you spoiledkillahbabe! Smiley Wink

Some of these ladies on here really do spoil me and I very much appreciate it. Smiley Very Happy

what's the pocky like? I always see it at my target but im not really sure exactly what it is.

OMGAAHHHH You are missing out!

Pocky is pretty much a super thin biscuit coated with chocolate or other flavorings!  My go-to choice for candy as a child!

=) please muster up the courage to try it! It's only $1 (or even less)

Pocky is delicious! My favourite are the strawberry ones Smiley Happy

You are very lucky!  Green Tea pocky is hard to find where I live! 

You should try actual Mochi one day, the icecream one that is.  Delicious, absolutely DELISH!

I am absolutely in love with Korean, Japanese and Thai foods.  They make my heart flutter and my knees wobbly.  Hehe.

I actually LOVE mochi (ice cream). The last time I was in SoCal, they had melon flavor at Mitsuwa. I fell in love. I went back and bought at least two every day! Too bad they wont ship well. Smiley Sad

Yeah, I'm so happy Trader Joes has mochi ice cream! Head to one if you have one nearby!

mochi is actually just the sticky rice cake!  you can get it filled with ice cream, paste filling, or even just by itself.  I used to eat green tea mochi ice cream religiously, but dairy has been hard for me lately!

I got a big box of the rice flour to make mochi at home, so that is my new project.  Fingers crossed it comes out well!

My Japanese Buddhist temple uses huge mallets to pound and then make mochi during the New Year. Smiley Happy

Amazing!  I would love to see that Smiley Happy

It's pretty cool. The mallets are huge and heavy. We synchronize it so that two people together can use the mallets to pound the mochi: one goes and then the other, taking turns. The adults also help the younger kids hold the mallet when it's their turn to pound the mochi. It's really cute. 

That sounds so awesome! Very interesting!

When I taught in Japan, the other teachers told me ice cream mochi is the real mochi, that's good to know!

213 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos53
  • SAM_1126.JPG
  • SAM_1127.JPG
  • SAM_1129.JPG
  • SAM_1131.JPG
  • SAM_1132.JPG
  • SAM_1134.JPG
  • 20140227_160013.jpg
  • upload_4305755454771537695.jpg
  • upload_4063018221740859947.jpg