Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Desirable December Hauls 2022

Time to finish up the holiday shopping and maybe help others with ideas on what to get their friends and family members.

Sephora is having their last sale this month on Friday December 2 to Sunday December 11, 2022.  You can save 20% your purchase with the code GETGIFTING and 30% off Sephora Collection.  It is a one time use code at Sephora. Sephora Kohl's has their own unique code which you can find in your Kohl's wallet in your account or in your Sephora email.

I cannot wait to see what you hauled this month.

77AB6F99-5B84-4D7A-8782-25937E6F1377.jpeg

F8866DD2-F9E5-47B7-BDE7-A908A4434E4B.jpeg

Re: Desirable December Hauls 2022

@curlychiquita 

Thanks so much! 💕

Inspired by @WinglessOne : I tried the Nicaragua coffee; it's pretty good.

peet's.jpg

PM's $12 sale- PAT McGRATH LABS FetishEyes™ Lengthening Mascara 0.27 oz/ 8 mL and PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Venus In Furs and PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Full Blooded. 

Full Blooded, Venus in Furs, mascaraFull Blooded, Venus in Furs, mascara

Spoiler
Venus in FursVenus in FursVIF and gloss Aliengelic.VIF and gloss Aliengelic.

I really like the mascara.  It applies smoothly, my lashes feel soft not crunchy while wearing it, and it works.  The only thing is it is very sensitive to moisture (fall allergy victims beware!)  Someone needs to develop a clear coating mascara that will work with any formula to seal it.

Your left no mascara.  I applied it to my eye that has lashes that don't show up as well- impressive!Your left no mascara. I applied it to my eye that has lashes that don't show up as well- impressive!

Finally, probably one of my top two face powders, and the only one I will use under my eyes.  Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Sheer Moist Powder.  It is absolutely invisible under the eyes, and does not emphasize lines.

maifanshi sheer moist powder bottom.jpgmaifanshi sheer moist powder opened.jpg

@Ispend2much6  Yes for coffee!  And the mascara and lippie’s are lovely 🌺

@Ispend2much6 ohhhh look at all these beauties!!! Enjoy 💝

Beautiful lippies @Ispend2much6 !

@Ispend2much6 mmm coffee ️. I am a big fan. The lipsticks are beautiful. I have not heard of that powder. Where did you pick it up?

@Mellmars1185  Koh Gen Do direct had a great Black Friday sale, so I bought it then.  Lovelyskin has 30% off sales frequently.  The only reason I spent that much on a powder is because I know it will last me a long time.

Ahhh, coffee- life and mood support!  I'm drinking a triple shot Nespresso right now, and I think I may regret that...

@Ispend2much6 I will hsvr to check that brand out next time I need a powder. Triple shot Nespresso. Sounds delicious. I love espresso but I dont have a machine...yet

@Mellmars1185  I find we're using a lot more milk now, because instead of just making shots, I make the lattes.  Someday maybe I'll get a real espresso machine.  Our kitchen is so little though I don't think we'll have room for it.

@Ispend2much6 I can completely relate. All i have room for is my coffee maker.

Great hauls @Ispend2much6 !! Venus in Furs is so beautiful!

@Saradestin  Thank you!  PM has a way with lipstick!

I love her Mattetrance formula so much @Ispend2much6 

@Ispend2much6 great haul! venus in furs is sooo stunning!

@cianni  Thank you!

@Ispend2much6  Hooray for coffee! I'm glad you like the one you've tried so far. I still wish Peet's would roast some of their beans to medium instead of dark—and I'm a big fan of dark roasts but you know, a few varietals need a slightly lighter roast to bring out all their complexity. Then again, sometimes Peet's "dark" roast is closer to medium anyway, and their roast level usually doesn't overpower things. All that rambling is to say "thank goodness the Nicaragua beans are tasty even when dark roasted." 🙂 

And you've reminded me I've been wanting to try that specific Koh Gen Do powder against my tried and true setting powder. Just placed a Macy's order to use up some points. If I recall correctly, this powder contains a mint oil. We'll see how my skin handles it. 

Enjoy all your treats, including the Pat McGrath goodies! 

@WinglessOne   I don't see mint in it, but I do see kukui nut butter and chilean hazlenut oil. And lots of "cones."

To be honest, the only blend of Peet's that I've tried and liked is the Major Dickason's blend.  It's fun trying new coffees though.

It's true what you say though, it's better to match the roasting profile to the bean, instead of what a company thinks will sell the most.

I ordered my coffee from Italy for the fourth time.  It does not bother my stomach at all (and for gifts.)

What is your tried and true powder?

@Ispend2much6  The KGD powder contains perilla ocymoides seed oil. Perilla ocymoides (aka beefsteak plant) is a mint plant. It might not cause as much trouble for my skin as oils from peppermint and spearmint, but its location on the INCI list worries me a bit. Eh, it might be fine. I’ll know soon enough. 

My rockstar setting powder is still By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder, the loose translucent version. Nothing else locks my concealer in place all day, even in very hot humid tropical weather, and I only need the tiniest amount of this powder for that. It doesn’t make my skin look very dry. It leaves a velvet blurred finish, but I won’t say it really blurs lines much (no setting powder does that). I also have the pressed compact version of this powder and it doesn’t perform as well as the loose version. Other people’s results may vary, of course. 

Anyone avoiding talc (though talc is not dangerous in cosmetics, at least not as allowed in the US) shouldn’t use By Terry’s powder. 

And you just reminded me to look into that Italian coffee again! 🙂

By Terry's powder is really popular!

Here's the powder I am using and the ingredients; It does have perilla ocymoides (this reminds me that tomatoes and mint are in the same plant family!)

@WinglessOne 

@Ispend2much6 I've always heard such amazing reviews on Koh Gen Do powders and foundations.  Someday I need to try SOMETHING.

@CookieGirl1  I absolutely love the Maifanshi Moisture Foundation.  It's my favorite, second is Luminous Silk.  I can't get over how much the price increased though- $30 in the past few months!  Lovelyskin's site frequently has their line 30% off.

1,499 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos303
  • F8866DD2-F9E5-47B7-BDE7-A908A4434E4B.jpeg
  • 77AB6F99-5B84-4D7A-8782-25937E6F1377.jpeg
  • F746D8AB-20A3-43F5-BD6F-9FB6C6090E22.jpeg
  • IMG_20221201_104029689.jpg
  • IMG_20221201_104100299.jpg
  • 20221202_132427.jpg
  • Clinique Bare Pop, Sephora Satin Hydrating lipsticks in 08 Stronger Than Ever; 20 Never Enough; and 18 Extreme Power.
  • The one shade I had never tried of the Clinique Pops- Bare.  I can see why it's popular.  A beautiful everyday shade, and it has the perfect amount of shimmer to make my lips look fuller.
  • 08 Stronger Than Ever
  • 18 Extreme Power
  • 20 Old Rose
  • Chikuhodo 2023 Collection (Chocolat)
  • Chikuhodo 2023 Collection (Framboise)
  • 12.1.2022 Hauls - Byredo & WA.jpg
  • 12.2.2022 Byredo + WA.jpg
testing