Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Desirable December Hauls 2022

Time to finish up the holiday shopping and maybe help others with ideas on what to get their friends and family members.

Sephora is having their last sale this month on Friday December 2 to Sunday December 11, 2022.  You can save 20% your purchase with the code GETGIFTING and 30% off Sephora Collection.  It is a one time use code at Sephora. Sephora Kohl's has their own unique code which you can find in your Kohl's wallet in your account or in your Sephora email.

I cannot wait to see what you hauled this month.

77AB6F99-5B84-4D7A-8782-25937E6F1377.jpeg

F8866DD2-F9E5-47B7-BDE7-A908A4434E4B.jpeg

Re: Desirable December Hauls 2022

@curlychiquita 

Thanks so much! 💙

@RGbrown  Omg that Coors polish is so cute! I love that it’s colour changing! Hopefully it will come back your way!  Those Gucci polishes are so pretty!!! 

@ather 

Of course it's a thermal, so you can know when your Coors Light is the perfect temp for drinking 🤣 I think it's quite possibly the funniest collab I've ever seen lol

Love all of your new polishes, @RGbrown!  I'm jealous of your Aldi candles too, lol.  Hope you like the CP High Tide palette; I've had mine since soon after it came out and I actually wear it quite a bit.

@CookieGirl1 

Thank you! I've been eyeballing High Tide ever since it showed up at Ulta, and always managed to ignore it because I have way too much shadow as it is. Decluttered a few recently, and it went on sale right after, so it was my treat for getting rid of some and making room for more 😂

I’m always intrigued by the gucci mail polish @RGbrown ! What a nice gift ! 

@Kim888 

Thanks so much! Can't wait to try them ❣️

A birthday gift from a friend, plus a couple from myself: 

hauls-2022-dec-30-1.jpeg

Swatches & notes: 
Spoiler
The Fenty Navy Collection was birthday-gifted by a dear friend. 💙 I’m very happy to have the blue lipstick case. Also didn’t already have lipstick shade MVP and hey, can’t go wrong with another red. 😄 I’ll test the blue eyeliner sometime next week. 

Pat McGrath Star Wars 5-pans were a self gift. They’re the only 2 things I ordered from the new Star Wars collection. That copper in the Darth Vader palette is a high powered, liquid-feeling metallic. I don’t have one of Pat’s earlier 5-pans, but I assume this shade’s the same formula as the silver shade (in one of the other palettes) everyone raves about. All 10 shades feel creamy, though some are more buttery than others. I almost passed up the DV palette and Im so glad I didnt, now that its in my hands. 

hauls-2022-dec-30-swatches.jpeg

But some of these shades look like dupes/repeats of shades in other PMG palettes! Psh, I bought these for the same reason I bought the cute mini 5-pan thats a repeat of Decadence & La Vie en Rose shades: travel readiness. I might do some comparison swatches later, but Im very happy with my purchase. 
Color4Nails and a Black Friday Glisten & Glow order I forgot to post: 

Not pictured: some spare wide paddle brushes from G&G. I’ve already swapped most of those into my old Essie polishes to replace Essie’s old skinny brush.Not pictured: some spare wide paddle brushes from G&G. I’ve already swapped most of those into my old Essie polishes to replace Essie’s old skinny brush.Clearly I was in a mood when I ordered these. :DClearly I was in a mood when I ordered these. 😄Flash photo to bring out some holo rainbow and sparkles.Flash photo to bring out some holo rainbow and sparkles.
The G&G bottles are refills of their glossy top coat; the nail oil pen was GWP. The C4N order is full of grungy polishes, some of which don’t translate well in my photos. The 2 Phoenix polishes are from The Endless series, and eventually I’ll buy the other shades, or at least Delirium and maybe Dream. 

Amazon - the result of browsing for more makeup storage ideas: 

One side of the binder page.One side of the binder page.Other side of that binder page.Other side of that binder page.
These rigid pages are art pencil holders made to fit inside a standard 3-ring binder. There are elastics on both sides to hold pencils—or in my case, all my lip liners. The lip liner page will live beside my lipstick carousels. I’ll use the other page for eyeliners; hopefully I won’t need to order another page, but we’ll see. Meanwhile, I’m thrilled to finally have a storage method that lets me quickly see all pencil shades without requiring me to open a case or shuffle through anything. 🖤 

@WinglessOne  I hope your mood is better🥰. Those are some seriously “dark” colors.  But I look forward to seeing you wear them😀.  This storage idea is wonderful 🤩. I need to look into it. I have accidentally bought dupes and would like to avoid it ☹️

I love the mood you were in @WinglessOne ! Lol. Terrific idea for liner storage. I’m going to check those out! 

Thank you @Sunnysmom and @lmaster !

Thats genius for the eyeliners!! Great haul @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne, Phoenix Death looks good. Desire and Dream from that collection are on my list.

@itsfi  I’m admittedly buying these for sentimental reasons, as a longtime fan of the comic series. But I do also like the shades. I can recreate Destruction with my current stash, and I have something very similar to Desire. But we’ll see if I can talk myself out of buying them anyway. Phoenix does make great polishes, so you can’t really go wrong with your choices. 

I love your lip pencil storage solutions, @WinglessOne!

Thank you @curlychiquita ! 

Great idea for pencil storage @WinglessOne ! I went down the rabbit hole of pencil organizers on Amazon; found some cute ones with holders for sharpeners too.

@Ispend2much6  I was originally going to reuse an old art pencil tin I've got laying around (most of the pencils it once held were reduced to nubs long ago) to hold lip liners, mostly because that tin has slotted inserts for each pencil. But I wasn't sure if I'd be willing to open the tin each time I needed a lip liner. For folks less quirky about that than me, a more traditional pencil holder would probably work well. 🙂 

Amazon's a good place to think up non-intended uses for various products. I'm still looking for a good way to store my stupidly large Smith & Cult nail polish bottles (aside from just lining 'em up on my vanity or a shelf). Each tiered spice/can rack I've found so far (meant to live in pantries or cabinets) is too deep to fit the space I've designated on my vanity. Otherwise, that'd be ideal, especially if it has enough space to also hold all my plain jelly polishes. The more I browse Amazon for ideas, the more other things (like that art pencil binder page) I find. 😂 

@WinglessOne  I need to fly my husband and son over to build you an inset cabinet into one of your walls. 🙂  They are experimenting in one bathroom, so I'll carefully monitor their ability. 😂

@Ispend2much6  I don't think my landlord would appreciate the home improvement project. 😂 If I didn't rent, oh man, the things I'd do to improve this space. I'd have to deal with the metal studs (no one told me all the studs were metal before I moved in; I found out the hard way while trying to drill into the bathroom wall one day), but still: so many things I wish I could hang without Command Strips, and places I'd love to have an inset cubby or cabinet! 

Good luck with your bathroom cabinet experiment! My bathroom surprisingly has no medicine cabinet. That's something you don't miss until you no longer have one. 

@WinglessOne  Great haul!! I love the PM Star Wars palettes! I mean they are too cute to pass up! Smaller pallets are great for travel! I’m sure they will get good use!

1,499 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos303
  • F8866DD2-F9E5-47B7-BDE7-A908A4434E4B.jpeg
  • 77AB6F99-5B84-4D7A-8782-25937E6F1377.jpeg
  • F746D8AB-20A3-43F5-BD6F-9FB6C6090E22.jpeg
  • IMG_20221201_104029689.jpg
  • IMG_20221201_104100299.jpg
  • 20221202_132427.jpg
  • Clinique Bare Pop, Sephora Satin Hydrating lipsticks in 08 Stronger Than Ever; 20 Never Enough; and 18 Extreme Power.
  • The one shade I had never tried of the Clinique Pops- Bare.  I can see why it's popular.  A beautiful everyday shade, and it has the perfect amount of shimmer to make my lips look fuller.
  • 08 Stronger Than Ever
  • 18 Extreme Power
  • 20 Old Rose
  • Chikuhodo 2023 Collection (Chocolat)
  • Chikuhodo 2023 Collection (Framboise)
  • 12.1.2022 Hauls - Byredo & WA.jpg
  • 12.2.2022 Byredo + WA.jpg
testing