Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Desirable December Hauls 2022

Time to finish up the holiday shopping and maybe help others with ideas on what to get their friends and family members.

Sephora is having their last sale this month on Friday December 2 to Sunday December 11, 2022.  You can save 20% your purchase with the code GETGIFTING and 30% off Sephora Collection.  It is a one time use code at Sephora. Sephora Kohl's has their own unique code which you can find in your Kohl's wallet in your account or in your Sephora email.

I cannot wait to see what you hauled this month.

77AB6F99-5B84-4D7A-8782-25937E6F1377.jpeg

F8866DD2-F9E5-47B7-BDE7-A908A4434E4B.jpeg

Re: Desirable December Hauls 2022

Ahhh, Kerastase has some fabulous hair care treats! 💗 I love seeing and hearing about hauls that are born out of a sample @Kim888😍

Thank you @itsfi !

Hopefully I've done enough photo consolidation and size reduction to avoid the BIC broken images bug I’ve noticed for a day or 2. These orders are from UOMA, Ulta, Orly, Beautometry, Butter London, and ILNP. 

Butter London's sale was a great time to stock up on my favorite base coat.Butter London's sale was a great time to stock up on my favorite base coat.May or may not keep the e.l.f. blush; the shade's teetering on too pale for my skin tone, surprisingly.May or may not keep the e.l.f. blush; the shade's teetering on too pale for my skin tone, surprisingly.
Clear "polish" is ILNP's new glossy top coat.Clear "polish" is ILNP's new glossy top coat.
Swatches and a few notes: 
Spoiler
Orly - I kept saying I didn’t want the whole 6-bottle Kelly Marissa Witching Hour set, just the black jelly and Spellbound topper. But then Orly had a 40% off Black Friday sale that made the set a bit more worthwhile. 🙃 

Peach Slices: 

• Redness Relief Azelaic Acid Serum - continuing to test various brands’ 10% azelaic acid offerings so I can make good recommendations to folks. It’s nice to see more brands jump on the azelaic acid bandwagon—like wow, a skincare industry trend that’s actually helpful!—and provide a wider price range for customers. Among doctors, jury’s still out on how effective 10% is vs. Rx 15-20%, but docs generally agree 10%’s not harmful and does offer antioxidant benefit. And it seems to help my skin recover from acne and PIH. Anyway, I'll probably start testing Peach Slices' serum in January. 

• Snail Rescue Blemish Busting Toner - recommended to me by someone who knows I never got over the slime of COSRX’s snail mucin essence. 🤢 He assured me this one's not slimy. I'll start testing it sometime this month. 

Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum (GWP) and mini Power Calm Hydrating Gel Cleanser - I already knew I couldn’t use the cleanser on my face because it contains lavender oil. I still bought it to gift it away, mostly because it glitch-triggered Ulta’s full size Glass Skin serum GWP. 

NYX Avatar collection items: because how could I resist fun-looking stuff like these 2 lip glosses, highlighter stick, and blue paint? C’mon now. 😂 The highlighter stick feels wet when swatched. Its promo photo kinda reminded me of Bite’s Peacock Pearl multistick (which I still have), but with a light green shift. NYX's feels creamier than Bite's. I swatched both glosses on my bare lips and they’re surprisingly not sticky. They didn’t seem to bleed either, though that might change when applied over a base lipstick. The SFX paint has kind of a thin matte poster paint consistency; I plan to blend it into other products or petrolatum to create custom lip and eye shades. These items got me a GWP NYX foundation brush. 

Smashbox Photo Finish Intensify 24 Hour Shadow Primer - I guess this is Smashbox’s replacement of their Photo Finish 24 Hour Shadow Primer that came in the silver tube. I’ve read customer reviews complaining this new version’s nowhere near as good, and that worries me because the old primer’s one of my favorites. But I need to find out for myself how well (or badly) it performs. 

UOMA: 

• Badass Icon Matte Lipstick shades Angela, Ruby, and Elaine - my search for the perfect-for-me peachy nude lipstick is finally over! Angela is exactly the shade I’ve hunted for. I also finally caved and bought Elaine because why not add yet another jet black lipstick to my hoard. And let’s pretend I did not order another red lipstick, despite still trying to declutter my reds… nope, Ruby is obviously some other color! 

• Black Magic Palette, Allure - so I was gonna buy Isamaya's Industrial Colour Pigments palette. I even had a 30% discount code for it. Buuut then I wondered if a couple UOMA palettes could get me similar results for less money, especially based on my love of the Black Magic Carnival palette and the C2A 9-pans. Allure is the second of those palettes (Freedom was the first) and I’m glad I went this route instead. Haven’t used Allure on my eyes yet, but it swatches nicely—though this matte yellow's not nearly as impactful as the yellow in Carnival. 

• Salute to the Sun Drama Bomb Mascara, Azurite - bought as a backup for ~$6 because it’s a beautiful cobalt blue color. 

hauls-2022-dec-9-1-swatches.jpeghauls-2022-dec-9-2-swatches.jpeg

@WinglessOne Beautiful haul and swatches. I always like reading your detailed reviews.

Thank you @Mellmars1185 ! 

@WinglessOne  This is a gorgeous haul. Beautiful colors 🥰

Thank you @Cissy63 !

So many fun pretties!! @WinglessOne 

Thanks @lmaster !

Excellent haul @WinglessOne! Enjoy all your goodies!

Thank you @faeriegirl !

@WinglessOne the Uoma palette is going to look fabulous on you!

Thanks @CookieGirl1 ! The deep pine green matte is very creamy (as evidenced by all the smudging around that pan 😂); I'm probably most excited to try that shade on my lids. 

@WinglessOne I'm definitely impressed by the swatches.

Oh wow, beautiful makeup, @WinglessOne

Thanks @curlychiquita !

Wow! Another amazing set of hauls @WinglessOne ! Once again, thank you for all the detail that you always provide with every post. So insightful! The eyeshadow palette is gorgeous and Phoenix Luminol is spectacular! 💙💙💙 Seeing your ILNP swatches I am adding a couple to my wish list. So beautiful choices! I also got Poison and I love how your swatch looks! 😍

Thank you @Saradestin ! Luminol is the Phoenix polish I hunted down. It haunted me since the first time I saw it and didn't buy it. I'm glad to have found it in stock somewhere! Can't wait to see Poison in action on your nails! 

Your hauls are amazing! @WinglessOne  Thank you for sharing it , and the swatches 🤩 I love seeing it ❤️ (and living vicariously through others beautiful purchases 😋 lol! )

Thank you @CynthieLu ! 

So many great colors @WinglessOne - can’t wait to see all the looks in the nail thread !

25 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos303
  • F8866DD2-F9E5-47B7-BDE7-A908A4434E4B.jpeg
  • 77AB6F99-5B84-4D7A-8782-25937E6F1377.jpeg
  • F746D8AB-20A3-43F5-BD6F-9FB6C6090E22.jpeg
  • IMG_20221201_104029689.jpg
  • IMG_20221201_104100299.jpg
  • 20221202_132427.jpg
  • Clinique Bare Pop, Sephora Satin Hydrating lipsticks in 08 Stronger Than Ever; 20 Never Enough; and 18 Extreme Power.
  • The one shade I had never tried of the Clinique Pops- Bare.  I can see why it's popular.  A beautiful everyday shade, and it has the perfect amount of shimmer to make my lips look fuller.
  • 08 Stronger Than Ever
  • 18 Extreme Power
  • 20 Old Rose
  • Chikuhodo 2023 Collection (Chocolat)
  • Chikuhodo 2023 Collection (Framboise)
  • 12.1.2022 Hauls - Byredo & WA.jpg
  • 12.2.2022 Byredo + WA.jpg
testing