Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Delightfully Decadent December Hauls 2023

T’was the week before Christmas and all through the malls, BIC’ers were shopping and collecting their hauls…

IMG_6047.gif

Happy December to everyone! There will surely be plenty of delightfully decadent December hauls as we all get ready for the holidays. Whether they’re gifts from loved ones or something for yourself, show of your holiday hauls for everyone to see!

Happy birthday to all the December babies! (If you’re like some of my relatives, I’m sorry you only ever got one present at this time of year… You are still very special!)

And Merry Christmas, Hanukkah Sameach, Habari Gani, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

IMG_6046.gif

Re: Delightfully Decadent December Hauls 2023

Thank you @CorgiMommy! I love YSL's packaging and cannot wait to wear my new mascara out over some wispy falsies 💙

@furbie Gorgeous Golden Girl YSL haul!!! I was eyeing that mascara. It is absolutely breath taking. I wish they sold it in Canada. I hope you enjoy everything!! Do you have a favourite lip shade out of what you picked?

Thank you so much @Mellmars1185 🤗

When you come to the States again, you should go on a shopping spree to grab of these things that aren't sold in Canada.

I haven't tried all of the shades yet. I've just tried all of the lippies I posted, except the Tatouage, and I am surprised!

Lol, I had to grab makeup remover wipes for a clean slate after each, but the obvious winner is Yves Saint Laurent Candy Glaze Lip Gloss Stick 08 Chili Delight 😍 Chili is having a moment right now. 

During my little try-on session, I realized the reason why I prefer Candy Glaze to Volupté. Candy Glaze has a thicker, gel-like consistency and deposits more color in 1-swipe. Yes, it is also more moisturizing, but I have to dab dab dab dab dab...the Volupté shades to get them to show up on me. YMMV. That being said, my favorite Volupté shade that's in this haul is Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm 155 Burgundy Bodysuit 

The surprise is me LOVING the Slims ❤️ Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture The Slim Matte Lipstick 28 True Chili is an amazing matte formula. It isn't drying, which is important this time of year for many ppl. I also really enjoyed Yves Saint Laurent The Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick 313 Irreverent Cinnamon, and can see myself reaching for either as a new daily go-to. The Slim Sheer Matte was nice, and I did not care for Yves Saint Laurent The Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick 316 Vibe in Amber. It will serve as a muted lip when I want to do a bold eye look, but I will wear a liner underneath.

@furbie Ooo thanks for the feedback. Good to know your fave shade is Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm 155 Burgundy Bodysuit . I just picked that one up. I need to try one of the more pigmented Candy Glaze formulas. I havr a mini one that doesn't give off much colour.

You've got Burgundy Bodysuit?! Twinning 😍

Is your mini the 02 Sweet Pink? I was just telling someone how I got a sample of that from Sephora and it barely showed up. 

@Mellmars1185 I bought Candy Glaze in colors 3, 4, 5, 8, and 11. Those all show up well - better than any of the 6 Volupté I just got. 

@furbie Yes it is shade 02. Thanks for sharing that with me. This is the first one I have tried. Now I am more intrigued to try the different shades.

This is a phenomenal haul! 🤩 @furbie. Amazing!

Tell me more about Candy Glaze, did you say it's your favorite YSL lip formula?

Hi and thank you, @CynthieLu 💚

Yes, Candy Glaze is my favorite of the YSL lineup. Now, I can finally say I've tried most of YSL's lippies. 

I have 5 colors in Candy Glaze. It feels like your most moisturizing lip gloss, that somehow doesn't invite your hair over for a nice sticky session, and has a buildable color payoff. I have naturally darker lips, and all I need is one swipe on the top and bottom lip. The colors show up fantastically. I love the smell of the product. I mean, I can go on and on.

Its good it's good @furbie I wanted to hear all the ways the glaze was impressing you. Thank you for that! 😊

@furbie those YSL lippies are amazing!  Congrats!

Thanks @greeneyedgirl107!! I love how smoothly they apply 😍

Wow, beautiful collection, @furbie!

Thank you @curlychiquita 💙

@furbie @Amazing YSL haul!!!

Thank you @SportyGirly125! I think I'm loving YSL lip products more than Dior's, but the verdict is still out.

Holy YSL lippy haul batman! You don't mess around @furbie 😂 the volupte shine is one of my favourite formulas as well, hope you love all the new colours you picked!

Thank you @SurprisedLemur 😆

I do like the Volupté Shine, but I prefer their Candy Glaze. It feels so nice on my mouth. However, the shades are limited. Now, I have 5 Candy Glaze + 6 Volupté Shine 💙

I've yet to enjoy any of the stains I've bought, regardless of the brand.

I'm still under the weather, but figured I'd post the contents of the 2 little Sephora boxes I received today:

thumbnail.jpg

This brush SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #64 is the BEST foundation brush I've ever used. It was WELL worth the several-month wait 😁 It's so soft and made my foundation application breezy and flawless.

thumbnail-1.jpg

The Pattern products are for my mother. I'm building her a "hair box" as one of her Christmas gifts. 

The Sephora plumping lip gloss is SPICY. Like, omg did they put cayenne in it?! Someone in the reviews said it works better than their Dior lip maximizer. I haven't compared the two. I just popped it open before I took the photo to be nosey.

I've been on a hair-oiling kick lately, so the Fable & Mane HoliRoots oil is mine. I should've also bought another bottle of the Ceremonia Aceite de Moska Pre-Shampoo Scalp & Hair Oil 2 oz / 60 mL during the sale. My hair has never felt this smooth and hydrated in my entire life! That could just be the Olaplex's work shining bright though...

Great haul @furbie!

Hope you are feeling better ❤️ @furbie love your haul

Thank you @lmaster 🤗 I'm feeling MUCH better now. Lol, when you have gone as long as I did without being sick, an illness can make you feel like you're on your way out!! I've been so insufferable to my family 😆

25 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos340
  • IMG_6047.gif
  • IMG_6046.gif
  • 20231201_172820.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpg
  • Skin Helpers
  • IMG_0003.jpeg
  • IMG_0006.jpeg
  • IMG_7060.jpeg
  • GWP. The mirror’s bigger than expected but I like it anyway.
  • Because I really needed MORE lipstick, yep, uh-huh… sigh…
  • BECAUSE I REALLY NEEDED MORE LIPSTICK…
  • GWP. Also shown: the sample card of Colorfix shades that came with my Danessa Myricks order. Those will be handy for travel.
  • Linda Hallberg makes good liners.
  • Okay so, *technically* this isn’t lipstick per say. :D
  • Risha’s tip broke mid-swatch, hence the mess.
testing