Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Sending you a PM @Alicehoopz 🙂

Sorry not a deal.. but be wary of your credit card information! Apparently BlueMercury sent a notice of data breach and my credit card was charged for hundreds of dollars for random stuff like "professional services," "auctions," etc since beginning of March! Last I order from BM is probably 8months ago.. 

sorry to hear that. my credit card and other info has been taken in breaches like that but luckily I was notified quickly by the company so changed my credit card number before anything happened. though I had a fake charge recently for unknown reasons so had to deal with that. what I do is have any and all charges send me a text and/or email (if I can). that way I know as soon as possible to call and get it fixed/stopped. ETA: also there's a site that lists all the sites that have been hacked but you search by your email address. I can't post the link, its titled "have I been pwned" and the url is just those words plus dot com. google search should find it though, its well known, also if you don't want to actually search your email, it just has a list of a bunch of sites that have been breached over the years (likely not a complete list but has most of the common and large breaches)

Sorry this happened to you.  Your situation reminded of an article I read last week about a new scam in which someone will call you, announce themselves and the company they work for, then ask if you can still hear them.  They're recording your answers and then charging you for all kinds of services and items you never received.  When you try to fight it, they have the spliced recording of you agreeing to the services or approving the use of your stolen card.

yes, this happened to my dad years ago (they recorded his voice, spliced it, signed him up for something he didn't agree to). its a shame we have to be on alert for scams all the time, I never want to answer unknown numbers but that means I sometimes miss real calls from people.

We let all unknown calls go to the answering machine. Without exception. We get so many scams and charitable requests that we don't want the hassle.  Periodically, we will get a call from a legitimate business, like our FedEx location, and they leave a message.

8 months ago? That kinda scares me. I got one of those letters in the mail and wasn't worried because I haven't ordered from them recently.

Oh no!  That is awful!  I hope you can get it all straightened out without too much hassle! @LinDUHHH07  😥😥😥

@LinDUHHH07   That is so terrible!  I'm so sorry that happened to you.  Thanks for letting us know.

TJMaxx online has discounted GlamGlow, La Mer, Perricone MD, Nars, Clarins, Givenchy mascaras, and Oribe hair care.  Also, if you join their mailing list, you get free shipping on your first order!

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 7.35.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 7.36.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 7.36.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 7.38.35 AM.png

Thanks @MiaM7! They also have this:

IMG_20170311_075711.jpg

Lotsa Bliss skincare and body care items up to 50% off at Kohls dot com, including Fabulous, Triple Oxygen, assortments of body butter, etc. 

Spoiler
@NancieNano Triple oxygen mask is also 50% off!

PHILOSOPHY direct, today only *this is a good one if you like amazing grace!!*:

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 8.20.00 PM.png

URBAN DECAY SALE on HAUTELOOK today.

thanks! also, I'm glad Hautelook stopped making us login just to browse items. I enjoy shopping (buying) from Hautelook now and then though. 

Has anyone ever ordered from Beauty Bay before?  They have decent prices but then I just wonder how.  Online reviews of the site are all over the place.  Just thought some of you gals have probably been to the site.  If not no worries at all.  

I've ordered from them! I like them. They do take awhile (I also used free INTL shipping), but I've never had an issue with the incorrect item or something not showing up. I do caution to use a payment method that won't charge your for INTL purchases though, it isn't something Beauty Bay does on their side, but a credit/debit card thing.

@sarahshter I have ordered from Beauty Bay a few times and I've never had any issues. Shipping takes a while (I opted for free international shipping, without a tracking number). I don't particularly like having no idea where my parcel is, but it always showed up eventually 😛

They were selling Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol Fusion PM for about $50 CAD (it's $81 at Sephora)! For that price difference I was willing to risk it. But all of the sudden it went up to about $75! No idea why, but for such a minimal difference in price I'll just buy it from Sephora and not have to wait 3 weeks praying it'll show up. 😛

Very interesting.  Thank you this helps a lot!  I think I'll just go through Sephora.  I also hate not knowing where my order is.  Unless something is significantly cheaper I'll just go through Sephora.

I feel the same way. Unless the price really makes it worthwhile, it's much easier to buy it locally.

Spectrum Collection- Makers of the Mermaid brushes- promo code 20% off this weekend. I have the Mermaid set and it's awesome, I keep them out in a pretty jar when not in use, they are mesmerizing.

spectrum  code.JPG

1 Reply
testing