Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

Welcome back to the deal sharing fun! Deals shared here may also be posted to my blog (same name as the thread) unless you write for BT only. If I share your deal, I will always thank you here. I will heart every deal I see (without an outside or cheat link) to acknowledge it.

Beautytalk (the forum) does not allow outside links. A heart with no comment means I already have the deal or am deciding not to list it. Please list the retailer (without the link or cheat link; dot com) if it is not mentioned in the picture. Mods come in more often when they see any type of link. Thanks for sharing (original deals and repeats are welcome)! Please also share any deal haul you want, especially mystery gifts.

Discussion is encouraged. A lot of questions come with certain deals or retailers. When I see questions I can answer, I will respond (unless the poster consistently ignores me or someone else already answered the complete question). I read all the main posts (so no need to tag me). If you're replying to a post that is not near the top of the thread and want me or a specific person to see it, please tag us.

If you're posting about something on sale at Sephora, please share it here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Sephora-Sales-Section-Get-it-Now/m-p/2122832#M44949

I thought I edited this to leave a message here, but after reading some private messages, I realize it did not take. This time, I will make sure it does before I sign off. Instead of waiting until I can return to reading every message to return at all, I will just pop in on certain days. I hope everyone is doing well. For me, some days are better than others.  

Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up (Volume Five)

If anyone knows of an Ulta code for 20% off entire purchase of non-prestige (drugstore) items, please post it.  I did a search, but could only find the one item code.  Thanks.

@missp25 they do one every few months. The best one should be soon. 

@StephaniLynn - Thanks!

@missp25 this should work, it's on their landing page

ulta.JPG

Thanks, @ZombieMetroAnt.  But, I'm looking for one on an entire purchase, not just one item.  They used to do them more often, but they seem to have slowed down on them.

Gotcha!  Sorry...I received one in my email also but I just read that it too is for one item.  111.JPG

L'Occitane

20170215_072631.png

Saw the Beauty Break in IG

IMG_0572.JPG

Includes:
Perversion Mascara sample (0.10 oz)
All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray (0.5 oz)
Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion sample (0.06 oz)
Vice Mega Matte Lipstick in 714 (0.10 oz)

Can someone PLEASE make a Blue Mercury thread....already?!!!!!

I never liked that store (it is shady) and so over how it has taken over the DEALS thread. 

-Thank you! 

Agree! I like a good deal and appreciate all contributions but when there are daily if not multiple times a day updates on the gwps then it gets to be too much.

Lol, they really are shady. When you actually get what you order it's great, but when you don't it sucks 😞 What I find especially strange is if they do send your order, they mark everything on your order as sent even if some of the GWPs or samples are missing... Personally, I don't mind if companies substitute, but if you just plain old don't send any of the advertised gifts/samples AND mark them as having been sent on the invoice... then that's a problem.

Also, find it surprising that they're owned by Macy's, but they have terrible customer service (it's so hard to get a hold of someone). 

Also, it's nice that they ship samples even if your purchased items go out of stock, but the fact that you then have to follow up with them to get your refund is super shady. Like they're hoping that because they sent you your GWP, you won't want your money back.

That's terrible. That's never happened to me, but if it did, I would be so upset... But, I gotta admit, despite all of these shady dealings I still purchase for the samples... they're just such GOOD samples, especially for little things. Just recently, I bought a $6.50 lip balm and got about $75 worth of deluxe samples.

How did you accomplish that?

It's a deals thread, so if Blue Mercury has a good deal then I think it's totally fine to post here. However, for BM hauls or discussions or complaints about their customer service, I feel like another thread would be better.

@Tamara76  @wheeeee  Interesting that it's owned by Macy's...who is having financial trouble.  Although they are planning on opening more Blue Mercury stores, both inside Macy's and freestanding.

@Ispend2much6

Spoiler
Macy's just bought it.  It wasn't always that way.  See, I don't shop at Macy's.
Never see anything there I want.  

Funny, when I go to the mall I do go to Macy's because they are the ones that close an hour later! I am usually locked out so now I know to park at Macy's.  lol!! 

@wheeeee  Sounds like you need a watch lol. 🙂  I only shop at Macy's when they have the cash incentive.  They had their Macy's Cash with slow shipping a week or so ago; they didn't tell you that you had to spend $15 to get it, yet they offered the free, slow shipping WITHOUT the $ alongside the free, fast shipping.  Now why would i choose slow, free shipping?

@wheeeee  I know what you mean.  I've only ordered from them once and it was a bad experience (super shady) and then I got the email this morning about the security breach... Nice....

However, it seems like about half the folks who take advantage of the deals posted here have had good experiences, so I am happy for them.  I'm neutral on whether the deals should be posted here or on a targeted thread - I'll just ignore them either way.  🙂

Spoiler
Spoiler
I won't hold the security breach against them.  It can happen to any retailer. (and, it does)  BM was also on Amazon.  

BM thing is that they abuse the norm for  'substitutions' and 'canceling' orders. 

Some people seemed to like knowing this info and why I am suggesting a thread for it.  BM Deals and Discussion kinda thing. 

I think it worked out well for Ulta thread and I post there. 

The BM thread I can ignore! lol!!! 

@Tamara76

🙂

testing