Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2023

It’s that time again for Beautylish’s Lucky Bags. Which ones are you hoping to snag this year regular $75, XL $150 or are you going to pass on it? Please post pictures of the ones you get. They usually go on sale the day after Christmas and ship in January so sign up to be notified of when they drop on the site and be quick because they will sell out fast.

Please post your trades here 

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2023 Trade 

3E04E28F-0CB4-4F1A-BB3B-CCBF02EA34ED.jpeg

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2023

@Ispend2much6 I actually don't.  I considered it but after swatching it in store I knew that it wasn't going to be a fav color story for me.

@Ispend2much6  Yay, I'm glad you got a palette you wanted! 

@WinglessOne  It's a Christmas miracle!  I mean, it was ordered the day after. 😊

@Ispend2much6, ohhh the glam palette!  That's one of the more versatile neutral palettes, IMO

@danielledanielle  I agree!  I came so close to buying it so many times.  I'm glad I resisted!

East Coast, late to the party!

I'm very happy with this (XL) bag!

PXL_20230120_012612665.jpg

Sonia G Fusion series $225

Hindash Monochromance $70

Natasha Denona Mini Bronze $27

MOB Beauty - Repurpose Compact $5 and Cream Blush (M31) $25

Oribe Featherbalm Weightless Styler $42

Good Molecules Sheer Mineral Sunscreen $12

Charlotte Tillbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray $21

Slip Silk Skinny Scrunchie (say that three times fast) - $5?

Wayne Goss Essential Lip Pencil (medium nude)- $14

Wayne Goss Luxury Creme Lipstick (pecan) - $28

Retail Value: $474

@danielledanielle  What a wonderful bag! The SG fusion series 🤩 Enjoy all of it🤩

Amazing, amazing bag, @danielledanielle!! The sunscreen, I'm hoping to hear good things about? And the bursh set!! Congrats!! 

@danielledanielle Niiiice!  You got a good bag 🙂

Wow @danielledanielle !  I guess the East Coast late arrivals can still be good.  Beautylish threw us all off this year (in a good way.)

I am still very surprised @Ispend2much6

@danielledanielle @Love your bag. The Sonia G brush set is a winner. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125 

Dang girl dang!!! @danielledanielle 🙌

I feel like my (reg) 2020 bag was rectified @lmaster ...(I'm looking at you Ms. Fame palette)

@danielledanielle This is a variation I haven’t seen yet! I think it’s more fun when packages aren’t exactly the same and things are a bit different. Enjoy your items! 

Now that the dust has settled and I read thru all the comments..my feeling is the more you do these year after year or order products in the regular, your chances increase of getting something you already have increase. SO knowing that...you need to go into this knowing it is a total gamble.

Will I do it again? Maybe. Last 2 years I did XL, previously REG, may go back to the REG because I probably do not "need" any mor ebrushes. As much as I  LOVE ThE SG set I got this year- I won;t need more!!

@diannkaye  Yes it’s a gamble. But hopefully something in the bag will be worth it 😉

@diannkaye, When deciding which bag to get, I figured since I only ordered a few things earlier in the year, I figured the eyepalette in the XL would be less likely to be a repeat. Also, last year's regular bags were fantastic (and some of this year's as well).  So, that's a pretty good take on this.

Also, being on the east coast, I stayed out of the thread, because seeing all the variations last time made me a little crazy.

Mine came today!

6811E312-A677-475D-9DBF-FA9815597C33.jpeg

I didn’t get my most favoritest bag I saw floating around (I’d have LOVED an ND palette), but I am still so happy with what I received. There were only a couple big ticket items I hoped NOT to have received due to repeats or simply being uninterested, and I managed to avoid those. My initial thoughts:

Oribe Invisible Defense Spray ($44): I’ll most definitely be using this as the final step in my hair routine. 

Kitsch velvet scrunchie set in Blush Mauve ($12): Not a huge scrunchie girl but I am willing to become one because I love how soft these are. Perfect color for me too. I’ve been using hair clips and accessories more lately, so there is no reason why I can’t start using these. 

Sonia G Lotus Base ($65): Last year I received a full UNITS set which I’ve been using and enjoying daily, but I am missing a good high quality foundation brush. This will become a workhorse tool in my routine. 

Holifrog Sunnyside C Glow Serum ($68): THRILLED. I love Vit C serums, and this was what I wanted to receive from this brand this year. 

Good Molecules Sheer Mineral Sunscreen ($12): Also what I wanted from this brand. I’ll use the Holifrog coupled with this one as my new Vit C/SPF combo as I’m almost ready to restock my Supergoop one. Perfect timing. 

Charlotte Tilbury Easy Eye Palette ($57): There are a few CT palettes in my collection and this is not one of them! Very happy to add it. It’ll be a nice one to travel with. 

Wayne Goss Luxury Cream Lipstick in Walnut ($28): A perfect everyday nude shade for me, and I love how it feels. Super confortable, I’ll get a ton of use out of this. 

Wayne Goss Essential Lip Pencil in Medium Nude ($14): I don’t wear lip pencils too often, but if I were, this is a shade I’d reach for. The lower price doesn’t make it worth trading, so it can hang out with my other infrequently used lip pencils haha. 

Chantecaille Cheek Shade in Grace ($44): I haven’t tried anything from this brand before due to price, so I’m very happy to try this blush. It isn’t something I would by ordinarily. 

Viseart Petits Fours Lapis ($25): Of the Viseart palettes included, I was least excited about this one only because of the blue shade Night Owl, but looking at the matte brown Blue Moon and shimmer gold 19th, I’ll reach for this palette for those two shades on their own. 

Total value: $369

I’ll start getting immediate use out of my entire bag, this is probably my best Lucky Bag so far. It seems there has been a lot more excitement across the board this year with each variation. For me, I’ve been purchasing fewer color products throughout the year to really look forward to the Lucky Bags and avoid potential repeats. Since it takes a bit longer to get to me on the east coast, I had a lot of time to see spoilers! Even still, I was excited to see what I actually got, and I’d say this year was a success. 

ETA: So it turns out this variation actually WAS part of the selection I had hoped for, it seems most packages also happened to include an ND palette. I even went back to double check my box to see if I somehow missed it, but alas, mine was simply sans the ND. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tad disappointed due to that after realizing my package COULD have included one additional item. But oh well! The rest of my package is exactly what I hoped for. I can’t be too upset when what I did receive was perfect. 

@alexasteph  Your bag is great!  Lots of terrific brands.  Very happy to know that you are pleased with it 😀👍

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos33
  • D5EC3AC4-786A-4890-8D39-C23C07B1E7CB.jpeg
  • 3E04E28F-0CB4-4F1A-BB3B-CCBF02EA34ED.jpeg
  • E545F98A-1F76-471F-8F64-7DD5C9806E71.jpeg
  • 4A255353-0375-4B3B-9BA9-95D1CCD2FBA8.jpeg
  • PXL_20230111_210300620.jpg
  • PXL_20230111_210422332.jpg
  • PXL_20230111_210516404.jpg
  • ff787g3h9jba1.jpg
  • 9DFFA347-A2C3-475E-B4B3-4F5714E0A4BF.jpeg