Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2022

It’s that time again for Beautylish’s Lucky Bags. Which ones are you hoping to snag this year regular $75, XL $150 or are you going to pass on it? Please post pictures of the ones you get. They usually go on sale the day after Christmas and ship in January so sign up to be notified of when they drop on the site and be quick because they will sell out fast.

Please post your trades here Beautylish Lucky Bag 2022 Trade 

B57BD80F-F259-44FB-AA61-C3D846AAC8F5.jpeg

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2022

Objectively a good bag, @danielledanielle , but, yeah, when you have the stuff that the most value already, not so great. Did you buy the brush this year in the restock? Can you return the one you got? (Or this one in that packaging?). The good news is that you will have no trouble trading that brush for whatever you want (or selling it on Poshmark). 

This is definitely not my fave. I shouldn't have looked through spoilers. Most of the boxes I've seen have been good. But this is too many tools. And not even a high end brush... Only two pieces of makeup, and I don't love ND and this wasn't one of the ones I would have kept (Zendo/Triochrome). The Wayne Goss is nice but I don't love clear glosses. Like definitely has the value (117$ 300$ CDN value) but to me, the only thing I'm kinda excited about is the Good Molecules. 

20220201_180601~2.jpg

I would have been angry about that bag too. The ND palette was already on sale, and I personally don't see what the hype is with her eyeshadow. Scrunchies and those orange tools (brushes?) seem like cheap throw-in items. I don't wear fake lashes, so that would be a pass. The Wayne Goss lip gloss seems nice, but I would prefer an eyeshadow palette. Thank you for sharing your bag.

Sorry you don’t love your bag @haleyvvvv ! It’s such a hit or miss, I’m a neutral lover so I would have been ok with this variation of items but I can see how you would think it’s underwhelming. Hopefully you can get some good trades in!

Thank you, @Mcakes!! It's so funny, very grass is greener; I would have been happy with the super colorful palettes things other got and didn't want.  That's the fun though!! I think it was just sad to not really have anything be a fave. 

That is a lot of tools. I sold that brush envelope on Poshmark. I didn’t get much for it but it was something. 

so MANY tools, @Indy701!! Thank you for the heads up about Poshmark, that's good to know!! Thanks!!

@haleyvvvv  In total I netted negative $ on my bag but I was able to do a trade here which made it worth it to me. I’ll totally do it again as I have fun with the trade part when it’s not something I want. 

Sorry @haleyvvvv . I agree: if Beautylish is gonna pack that many tools/accessories into a bag, they should include a high end brush—or at the very least, a nice set of silk scrunchies. I'm kinda surprised so many people have gotten that Sonia G. envelope brush holder instead of her book-style holder. I know the book's more expensive and currently sold out, but since Beautylish apparently held back a few other sold-out items to include in Lucky Bags... huh. 

Glam is one of the ND palettes many people seem to love, so hopefully you'll find a good trade for it. 

Thanks, @WinglessOne!! I had a pretty great bag last year, so on the balance its a wash. 

It just feels like they were like, oooh, a cheek and eye palette (instead of an eye palette and a cheek product, like most other bags have), now we can throw more tools in (and since they're "high value" in terms of cost its like, "well you got a higher value bag, why are you even complaining"). Just the balance of the bag feels completely off compared to every other variation. I honestly, wouldn't have minded any two of these random assortment of tools in the bag, had the rest of it been a bit more interesting. One of the units brushes has a shape that I've been liking in other brushes (310); so like, they're not "bad," but in the absence of a really high end brush or hair tool, its not what I am going into the bags being excited for. 

It's not even the glam eyeshadow palette, its the glam eye and cheek newer release one, blah... I would have kept the glam even if I wasn't super interested (the naming on the glam palettes drives me up the wall), because I would have wanted to try to salvage some value out of the bag for me. 

@haleyvvvv  D’oh, I didn’t look closely enough at your photo to see that ND is the face palette instead of the eye palette… the size of the box should’ve told me that. 🤦‍♀️ I’ve seen just one other bag as tools/accessories-heavy as yours. Beautylish missed the mark with these variations. 

@haleyvvvv sorry about your box :(.  You're right, it's hard when you see other people posting boxes that have things that you wish you'd gotten.

@CookieGirl1 I think it wasn't even about wanting a *specific* thing necessarily, it was more like, every other regular bag variation had (for me) either a good value in terms of what I would use or would have been easily traded (i.e. like if I ONLY really wanted to trade the palette or lippie, for example). I tend to think of mystery bags as a way to try things out I wouldn't have necessarily picked up on full price but like could have picked up if I had the money/inclination, but this is literally a bag of things I wouldn't buy at all, so it just feels meh. Like there are things that I would probably have a different outlook on if I had gotten it in a bag of other stuff (like the brushes), but its all just a let down. 

@haleyvvvv I totally get that!  i know that's the point of a mystery bag but you always hope that you'll like at least 70% or so of what you got and it feels so deflating when you just don't really like anything.

@haleyvvvv @Sorry you don’t love your box. 

Thank you, @SportyGirly125!! It is okay, I had one of the best regular bags last year, so this is like probably a balancing for that. 

@haleyvvvv @Sorry to hear you don’t love anything from your box! Hopefully you’ll be able to trade ! 

Thank you, @Kim888!! Fingers crossed!! 🤞🤞🤞

My sister just got her XL box, and she was so excited after I told her what I’d received, but hers is definitely different than mine:

Good Molecules Rosewater Daily Cleanser Gel: $12

Verb Ghost Oil: $18

Smith & Cult nail polish in Bite Your Kiss: $18

Wayne Goss lipstick in Cashew: $28

Wayne Goss lip liner in Medium Nude: $14

Viseart Petits Fours Framboise: $25 

Danessa Myrick Twin Flames in Bae: $26

Holifrog Amino Acid Cream: $60

Hindash Beautopsy palette: $70 

Unit Orange Brush set: $91 

Total Retail Value: $344

She’s not really in love with most of the items she received unfortunately, so I’ll be adding to items on my list on the trade thread.

Oooh no, that's too bad she doesn't love them, @LCResz!! I hope she gets some good trades!! 

Regular fair/medium 

2DE5B579-0542-4C64-A307-061E059EBA1C.jpeg

I feel rather indifferent to this. I’m always happy for a Sonia G brush and I’ve wanted to try something from Wayne Goss so it’s nice to see that though it’s all shades I have in other palettes. The rest of the bag is pretty meh for me. The Dynessa is a good shade for me so I’ll give that a go, but I don’t wear eyeliner and the hourglass lip is a Nude which does not look good on me. 

I think I just find the possibilities a lot more fun than actually getting it haha. There are really only a few things that I would have been like “wow so excited” so I think next year I should just avoid the promo and buy something really good haha (but fomo will probably get me haha). 

Conversation Stats
Photos49
  • 37DC3C44-9926-48C7-A6A0-824FE7711BF1.jpeg
  • B57BD80F-F259-44FB-AA61-C3D846AAC8F5.jpeg
  • Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 21-58-50 Order Summary Beautylish.png
  • Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 21-59-04 Order Summary Beautylish.png
  • A5B54B00-09AF-4023-AD08-2B049719E62B.jpeg
  • PXL_20220120_232743567.jpg
  • PXL_20220120_232846367.jpg
  • PXL_20220120_232919800.jpg
  • PXL_20220120_233135924.jpg
  • 20220121_110423.jpg