Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2022

It’s that time again for Beautylish’s Lucky Bags. Which ones are you hoping to snag this year regular $75, XL $150 or are you going to pass on it? Please post pictures of the ones you get. They usually go on sale the day after Christmas and ship in January so sign up to be notified of when they drop on the site and be quick because they will sell out fast.

Please post your trades here Beautylish Lucky Bag 2022 Trade 

B57BD80F-F259-44FB-AA61-C3D846AAC8F5.jpeg

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2022

Oooh, this is a fabulous bag, @fhrobles!! Congrats!!

Ooh I got the Hindash palette as well @fhrobles ! Are you going to try to trade anything?

@Mcakes The hindash palette is the one thing im excited for! 

I hope to trade the lipstick, liquid blush, brush and nail polish! 

@fhrobles Sorry it wasn't a bag you love.

Never again.  There seems to be repeated variations, so why not split the difference between cool toned products and warm instead of keeping it to one or the other?

Keeping:  $206 worth

Smith and Cult nail polish Peaceful Paranoia- 18

Yano Series brush 03- $75

Good Molecules Glycolic Acid Toner- 14

Wayne Goss Lip Liner- 14

Viseart Petits Fours Bullion- 25

Open for Trade:
Holifrog Amino Cushioning Cream- 60

Hindash palette- 70

Danessa Myricks Twin Flames Obsession- 26

Wayne Goss lipstick- Nutmeg- 28

Surratt Liquid Blush Canteloupe- 45

lucky bag.jpg

Oh, I'm sorry you're disappointed in your bag, @Ispend2much6!! I hope you get some good trades!! 

Awww, sorry you don't feel super lucky @Ispend2much6 .   But, you did at least have some items that you liked.  I know in 2019 when I sent feedback to BL they were like "trading is a part of the fun."  I hope they take your feedback into account.

@danielledanielle  Glad I'm not the only one that contacted them.  This year's bags really were of better quality than the past couple of years, especially the regular bags.

This is what BL replied:

Spoiler

Thank you for your email and providing this helpful feedback. Our team worked hard to include a variety of products ranging from most loved items, best sellers and possibly some newly launched items as well. Of course, the bags are completely random and as a result we cannot guarantee that any one customer will be thrilled or dissatisfied, but our hope is always that our customers will love their Lucky Bags.

Lucky Bags are based on the Japanese tradition of fukubukuro. Another part of the tradition is also trading with friends to add to the fun, so if you aren’t keen on something you received or already own it, trading/gifting/sharing is part of the fun! It's always a surprise of what you'll get.

Sadly, we cannot accept returns for Lucky Bags as stated when placing your order but we do appreciate your feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us your experience!

Ugh @Ispend2much6 , I think that's the exact same response I got.  BL has such great CS typically, seeing such a canned response is aggravating.

@danielledanielle. I know they do have the best CS.

@Ispend2much6 Awww sorry you didn't love your bag.

@SportyGirly125  It's okay.  A couple of BIC sweeties are saving the day.

@Ispend2much6 😞 sorry to hear you didn’t love your bag! Nice to get a good nail polish and brush, but sad you’re not a fan of your big ticket items ! 

@Kim888   Thank you!  Next year I'll give myself permission to buy the equivalent of things I want. lol  Late Christmas gift.

@Ispend2much6  Aw, sorry you're not thrilled with your bag. I hear you on the color tones, though. At least for the XL bags containing 2 eyeshadow palettes, Beautylish could've included one that's cool toned and one that's warm toned. That assumes Beautylish wasn't just randomly bundling items based on dollar amount... I wonder how they choose these variations, anyway. I've always assumed they start with an inventory list and arrange variations to meet (or exceed) certain dollar amounts, and then randomly toss extra products into some bags. If they can bundle things based on skin tone, then surely they can try to include tone temperature too. I realize they might not want to spend time on that additional filter, but it's possible. 

Anyway, at least you're keeping most of your bag. 🙂 

@WinglessOne   I kindly made my suggestions to Beautylish. 😂  Seriously though, I hope they take our advice about mixing tones.

@Ispend2much6 I’m really curious about the Holifrog products! You got a different one than me, but I love discovering new skin care lines. I don’t know if it’s new or I just don’t generally shop where it’s carried (I only shop at BeautyLish for the Lucky Bags if I get one at all!). 

@alexastephI think it was available last year, but I'm not sure.

Here is mine! After seeing some peoples boxes I began to get my heart set on a few items I didn’t receive 😭 BUT! I am still really excited and pleased with what I did get. 

8B8C778D-2CC5-43CB-9C03-F850A247AF31.jpeg

CT Walk of No Shame ($53) - Love CT’s eye shadow and the only quad I have is Pillow Talk so I’m happy to add this. 

Hindash Heroline ($26) - I am unfamiliar with this brand, and it seems this is one of two products and I’m glad I got the eye liner over the palette. Love me some liquid eye liner!

Hoifrog Galilee Antioxidant Dewy Drop ($48) - This is another brand I’m not familiar with but it seems like a really interesting serum and I love trying new skin care. 

ND Chromium Infra Nude ($28) - This is the only one I’m really could take or leave. I’m not a huge fan of liquid eye shadows and this might be a bit more intense than the looks I’ve been going for lately, but I don’t know what people would be willing to trade for it, or what I would want in it’s place for the same value. 

Surratt Liquid Blush in Classique ($45) - Thrilled with this! 

Smith and Cult in Forever Fades Fast ($18) - A pretty light pink, a good shade I’m excited to try. 

Good Molecules Hyaluronic Acid Essence ($14) - This seems like a dupe maybe for the Fresh essence I use and love, but I will incorporate it in to my skincare none the less! Day vs. Night perhaps. 

Verb Ghost Oil ($18) - Should be easy enough to try. I pretty much only use leave in conditioner but this wouldn’t be hard to add. 

Wayne Goss Luxury Eye Palette in Imperial Topaz ($55) - This makes it a very eye shadow heavy box but that’s fine! I like the dark dark matte black in the palette, that’s a tough shade to get. 

Wayne Goss High Shine Gloss in Hyacinth ($22) - A good neutral, no sparkles, the sort of gloss shade I gravitate too so it should work!

Unit Orange Face Set ($91) - Never can have enough face brushes so this is super solid. 

Total Value - $418

Not bad! 

Great bag, @alexasteph!! So nice you love most of the item!! Congrats!! 

@haleyvvvv Thanks! They’ve been fun to use. Lots of nice products, I’m quite pleased with it after having it for a bit. Not really a dud in the whole thing! 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos49
  • 37DC3C44-9926-48C7-A6A0-824FE7711BF1.jpeg
  • B57BD80F-F259-44FB-AA61-C3D846AAC8F5.jpeg
  • Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 21-58-50 Order Summary Beautylish.png
  • Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 21-59-04 Order Summary Beautylish.png
  • A5B54B00-09AF-4023-AD08-2B049719E62B.jpeg
  • PXL_20220120_232743567.jpg
  • PXL_20220120_232846367.jpg
  • PXL_20220120_232919800.jpg
  • PXL_20220120_233135924.jpg