Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2021

It’s that time again for Beautylish’s Lucky Bags. Which ones are you girls/guys hoping to snag this year regular $75, XL $150 or are you going to pass on it? Please post pictures of the ones you get. They usually go on sale the day after Christmas and ship in January so sign up to be notified of when they drop on the site and be quick because they will sell out fast.  This is a heads up a little over 2 months in advance for those that still need to sign up or don’t even know what this is.  

Please post your trades here Beautylish Lucky Bag 2021 Trade 

F7E4994B-7FBE-4AB6-BD36-E99D9E1C9FBD.jpeg

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2021

Ooohhh this is a GREAT bag @faeriegirl ! 

Great bag, @faeriegirl!! Enjoy!!

This really is amazing!! @faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl Great XL bag!  The TF quad is gorgeous.

@faeriegirl  That looks like a nice one! And I feel like I've mainly seen TF BadAss, so that's cool that you got a variation.

@PrettyPaint  I was really happy to get suspicion instead,  Badass is gorgeous but I will definitely get more use from suspicion.

Ooouh!!! Great variety in your lucky bag @faeriegirl! 🥰 Have fun playing with your new treasures!

Thank you @itsfi! I am really excited about the TF quad and I have been wanting to try the CT setting spray💗

5E8D6105-2493-4CA4-AF3E-2C3B798A3222.jpeg

The contents of my XL lucky bag:

• Natasha Denona Love Palette $65
  • Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Light $100
  • Sonia G Crease One brush $32
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Lipstick in Hollywood $18 
  • Wayne Goss The Essential Eye Kohl Pencil in Obsidian $14  
  • R+Co Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist $14 
  • HoliFrog Como Popp-E Renewal Scrubby Wash $40
  • Good Molecules Pineapple Exfoliating Powder $16
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Sculpture Palette $56 

The hourglass palette was a bit of a let down to receive since I can't use it. Overall I am happy with my bag. I am glad I got an XL bag, but I felt that I would have been happier with the regular deep dark bags this year. I hope they introduce an XL bag for deep dark skin tones. This year I saw that there was an effort to give more variety overall but I also found it strange how the regular and XL received relatively the same products with the exception of full brush sets, lip sets, skincare sets and face palettes in the XL bags. 

Oh no, I am sorry, @hersheykisseslv, that you got a palette that doesn't work for you!! I am surprised the XL weren't available for different skin tones, I would've thought they had done that. I hope you're able to trade the Hourglass for something that works. Enjoy the rest of your bag!!

@haleyvvvv Thank you, Haley ❤️! I hope they decide to change that soon.

@hersheykisseslv  I haven't poked around yet to see how the deep/dark regular bags look this year, but I've wondered how different they are from this year's light/medium regular bags. I agree with you on offering a deep/dark xl bag, especially with so much Hourglass popping up in bags this year. I hope you can find a new home for the Sculpture palette, and I'm glad you're happy overall with your bag! 

I saw a few deep dark bags. They seem to have received the ND Bronze palette (I actually prefer the Love palette since I have enough of those shades), Uoma beauty highlighters, CT Hot Lips in some pretty burgundy and berry tones, a brush (SG or WG) and a few other random items. They did the deep dark bags much better this year than they did last year IMO.

@hersheykisseslv Yeah, last year's deep/dark bags made me glad I chose to completely skip 2020 Lucky Bags. Instead of buying one last year, I wound up trading some unopened products from my backups stash for a few bag items from various folks. 😂 

Definitely sounds like the 2021 bags are a big improvement from last year's, thank goodness! 

@WinglessOne Omgosh, those were some of the worse bags they ever created! What a clever idea to trade from your stash for new items you wanted. Also, I am sure the people you traded with must have been so grateful as well.

@hersheykisseslv Sorry you were not too happy with your bag 😞

@SportyGirly125  @itsfi  Thank you, ladies 🤗. I am happy with my bag overall, but I was dreading the Hourglass palette and so of course I would get it lol. I am happy with everything else though; I can use the ABH lippie for lip combos. 

@hersheykisseslv, I’m sorry you were disappointed in a few of the items in your lucky bag. Your suggestion for XL bags tailored to skin tones is a good one. 😃

My XL Lucky Bag has a total value of $372.50 (using one item’s full price instead of its current sale price). I’m mostly unimpressed. Not angry, just… unimpressed. Will definitely post a few items in the trades thread. 

The 2nd least expensive item is my favorite thing in this bag. :DThe 2nd least expensive item is my favorite thing in this bag. 😄
Item tally: 
Spoiler
$88 Tom Ford Extreme Color Quad 01 Badass - might keep it… kinda hard to decide without swatching it, which I don’t wanna do if I plan to trade it. I don’t own any other Tom Ford eyeshadows, and I hear this quad’s shadows use a creamy powder formula that feels similar to Pat McGrath's blitz formulas. I think I just convinced myself to hang on to this quad after all. 😂 

$18 Good Molecules Caffeine Energized Hydrogel Eye Patches - the item I’m happiest about. These eye patches have a fantastic ingredients list for folks with dry undereye skin, and they’d be great to use on any very dry part of the face. I got a jar for my birthday and love them, so I’ll gladly accept this second jar. 

$34 Sonia G. Crease Two Brush - I own several of Sonia’s eye brushes but not this one, so I’m happy to try it. Sonia says the Crease Two is similar in functionality to the Blender Pro, my favorite blender by anyone (and I’m jealous of everyone who got one in their Lucky Bags). But as firm as this brush is, it seems much better suited for crease work than, say, brow bone blending. I'll find out soon enough. 

$55 Lina Choo The Great Artist Velvet Matte Mini Lipstick Set - already own it, otherwise I’d be thrilled to get it. I could keep it as a backup. It’d also be a nice gift for a fellow lipstick addict. Pretty sure I posted a swatch photo of each shade when I originally bought this set... I'll dig through past photos for that later, in case anyone's curious. 

$6.50 Slip Pure Silk Skinny Scrunchie, pink - I love these scrunchies (I have lots of them) but wish I’d gotten a different color. Wouldn’t kill me to keep it, but I'd happily trade it for someone’s black, silver, or navy blue scrunchie. (Price estimate based on the 6-scrunchie set for $39.) 

$40 Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Blush, Incandescent Electra - probably too pale a shade for my skin tone. I don’t wanna swatch it to find out, in case someone wants to trade for it. So far, this is the only shade I’ve seen folks get in their Lucky Bags. Interesting. 

$25 (currently $12.50) Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set - already have it and don’t like it much. I shouldn’t be surprised Beautylish is still trying to offload it, but sheesh. 🙄 

$62 Oribe Gold Lust All Over Oil - contains ingredients (bergamot and lemon peel oils) I can’t use on my face, and I probably wouldn’t use this anywhere else on my body. Too bad, because it does contain several other good and beneficial oils for skin. Sigh... this product’s a hard pass for me. 

$44 HoliFrog Sunapee Sacred-C Brightening Powder Wash - not something I’d normally use on my face, but the ingredients list isn’t bad—except for papain which can be quite irritating. I think tossing HoliFrog products into Lucky Bags is an easy way for Beautylish to meet minimum bag dollar amounts. I also think HoliFrog's products are overpriced. Anyway, I’ll likely try to trade this one away. 
I'm glad Beautylish included a large print of this year's bag design. It might end up on one of my walls. 

Oh no, @WinglessOne, I'm sorry the bag is unimpressive. I am glad you were able to find your $ worth (the bottom two shades in that quad look lovely and that brush!!). 

Thanks @haleyvvvv ! I'm just not an Oribe or HoliFrog fan, so I'd rather have had the value of those 2 products met via other products. Hell, Beautylish could've replaced them with 6 more jars of the Good Molecules eye patches and I'd have been super happy. 😂 

testing