Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2019

I know it's a bit early but I am super excited for next month when Beautylish releases it's Lucky Bags. Last year I wanted the $150 XL bag but wasn't able to snag one. I ended up getting the regular $75 bag which I thought was pretty good for what came in my bag. Which ones are you girls/guys hoping to snag this year? Please post pictures of the ones you get. @Tamara76 @ZombieMetroAnt @angel7594 @Mcakes @veronika23 @itscarin

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2019

3633BE41-711A-407B-B55C-DF253D22718C.jpeg

Got my regular bag a day early, and I’m really happy overall! 5/6 products are a win. But my Oribe restyling spray (not pictured) leaked a lot, and got on almost everything. By a small miracle, the Wayne Goss brush bristles were saved. No trades this year, because all the packaging was damaged by the leak 😭

Anonymous Insider

@browneyes84 you should call beautylish about what happened and they should be able to replace all the items that were damaged in your lucky bag. I know they have good customer service and would probably replace all your damaged items if you tell them what happened. I hope that helps. Good luck! 🙂

@Anonymous I’ve heard their customer service is awesome. My items themselves are all fine, and I just wouldn’t feel right demanding replacements, but I threw away all of the outer packaging right after I took that picture! I did email to let them know about the leak. I’m guessing aerosol products may have a hard time in the frigid weather. I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else! If they hear enough complaints, hopefully they won’t put any likely to leak products in next year’s bags. 

Anonymous Insider

How are some of these ladies on YouTube showing two boxes? They have a regular and an XL? Did they have someone else order another one for them? I’m sorry, but I would be embarrassed to do two unboxings knowing it was intended for each customer to only get one. So their not following the rules prevented someone else from getting a box. To me that is greedy. Just my opinion. Your thoughts?

@Anonymous Personally, I think everyone should be able to buy as many as they want.  If you have hundreds of dollars to blow on a grab bag, get it!  Not all the lucky bags are lucky.  Also, we don't know if it was a youtuber who purchased a box and her friend/roommate/mother/sister/whatever and she's just reviewing someone else's box on screen.  I'm also of the opinion it's not my business what other people do with their money.

I know it's a zero-sum game, but someone else buying a lucky bag is not taking food out of anyone's mouth.  

I wouldn't get upset about it because buying multiple lucky bags is just not very practical.  You could end up with two of the same exact bag, or have a lot of overlap between bags.  

I'm sorry if you wanted one and are feeling left out.  I got a lucky bag which I haven't received yet, and I know there's a really good chance I'm going to end up disappointed.  There are other grab bags you can par take in, though.  Charlotte Tilbury will have one in April, I believe.  MAC has been doing them.  

Anonymous Insider

I understand your point but don’t agree. Play by the freakin rules. If it is stated one per customer, then buy one. Says a lot about a person in my opinion. Isn’t my business, but doesn’t mean it’s right. If you have to make an effort to scam your way into another bag then you’re being shady. 

@AnonymousSome of us are just born to be rule breakers.  I brought my aerial hammock to the gym tonight and was hanging upside until the floor manager asked me to take it down.  I knew their was a really good chance I'd get told "no" but I still had to push the envelope.  Not all rules are meant to be followed.  😄

Just as not all are meant to be broken. 

RE: Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2019

I’m sure they probably asked someone they knew to buy it for them. It is what it is I mean you can’t expect everyone to follow the rules.

image.jpg

Got my box 😕

I’m pretty disappointed. I was expecting a bigger palette. I’ll definitely use all the skincare, and I’m excited about the Charlotte Tilbury pallete and Wayne Goss brush. But, adding up the value of everything (excluding the serum that isn’t out yet), I only get $330. I thought the XL bags were supposed to have a minimum value of $350.

@skcfan That's a bummer you didn't get one of the large palettes that we all expect to be included at minimum in the XL bags.  Maybe you can ebay the stuff and at least recoup some of your costs?  It is really such a cr4pshoot.  

@itscarin I know I shouldn’t be upset, because the mystery is part of the deal. I think the lower than advertised value is really what’s getting me. I feel like there should have been one more thing, or been a bigger palette or something to hit that $350

@skcfan The same thing happened to me in 2017.  I calculated a value of less than $150, but that is because Beautylish made some generic brush and threw it into the bag and assigned that brush a value of $20 to get them up to their promised value of $150.  I think that's an incredibly disingenuous business tactic.  To this day I haven't used the d4mn brush.

I'm not sure what the eye serum is valued it but I kind of feel like it's one of those things where they just make up an item and assign a random value to it.

@itscarin Welp. I’m emailing with customer service, and they list the value of the good molecules as $8. So my total box value is $338.

They also think I have a different (more expensive) brush in the box. So, it sounds like it might have been an issue with whoever packed the box.

@skcfan you should definitely email their customer service  - it's one thing to not get what you were hoping for but if they aren't meeting the advertised value they should definitely make that up to you in some way

Sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for @skcfan ! That skincare does look interesting but I feel like it's definitely expected to get a bigger palette in the xl boxes

RE: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2019

I got mine today!

Re: RE: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2019

My bag was almost identical (just arrived today). I ordered the XL. I thought the value was there for the box but I was meh about it.

I figured a lot of it would be older stuff they couldn't sell but I was a bit annoyed that the viseart was the older packaging and the pans weren't set in straight. It doesn't look swatched but I still wonder if it was a return since it is a bit defective and they changed the packaging well over a year ago, right? And go figure it's one of the few I already have... Someone might be getting a super generous galentine box 😉

One of the best bags I've seen so far. Makes getting a lucky bag more exciting, knowing there is a chance to be extra lucky. Did you get t h e regular sized bag or the XL bag?

What an amazing bag! You got some great items 🙂 @roshook

wow this looks like a great bag @roshook !

1 Reply
testing